HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

CIMB Credit Card Bill Fees snowballed to $11k

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2019, 11:24 AM   #1

Angry CIMB Credit Card Bill Fees snowballed to $11k

Hi, all, I just created an account to seek you guys advice.

An outstanding amount of about S$1,893 ( purely late charge and interest ) went dormant and snowballed into S$11,693.86, 600%!!!

Things happened in August 2013, when my wife started incurring late payment charges and interest on her CIMB credit card.

By June 2015, My wife has paid off all the expenses made with the CIMB card.

What remain was an amount of S$1,893 which was the accumulation of late charges and interest.

A met up with CIMB officer led my wife to believe that this amount was to be waived by the bank.

My wife received a rude shock this June, three years and eight months later, when CIMB issued a lawyer’s letter requesting the victim to repay S$11,693.86.

CIMB had gone silent and for more than 3 years, not once have the bank contacted my wife directly. Instead, they have been waiting for the interest to accumulate....

Last edited by hauwl2; 11-08-2019 at 11:25 AM.. Reason: remove sensitive word
hauwl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 11:37 AM   #2
Honorary Member

WTF
Yíall dun check all your bank a/cs and credit card a/cs at least monthly one?

CC is not the kind of thing you can keep inside drawer and pretend it doesnít exist, esp. if youíve used it online b4, you need to monitor periodically to prevent unauthorised charging and card fee all these. If not, cancel the card immediately.

So how? Yíall contact CIMB ber?
addict951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 12:43 PM   #3

No black and white for waiver during the meet up, and no follow up on your side by checking subsequent billings. Hello, the fees are in the thousands, which I'm pretty sure you would have at least put it on the HIGH ALERT list.

I also don't believe the bank doesn't send CC monthly statements all these years... and u guys pretended nothing happened?

Go talk to the bank. Thanks for your story.
dexboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 02:00 PM   #4

Doesn’t make sense that you didn’t receive any calls / emails from the bank for the PDF 3 years.

I once missed the cc payment deadline due to frequent traveling, the CSO basically called me twice or thrice a week reminding me of the late payment - they do waive it eventually as goodwill since it is not a recurring mistake from my end.

In your case, you will be lucky if they are willing to waive half of the fees
jacky5297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 02:19 PM   #5

No, no call from CIMB bank in last 3 yrs 8 months.
Old 11-08-2019, 02:22 PM   #6

Sigh! We are not working in financial field, if my wife have sense, she wonít roll the bills at first place.
Old 11-08-2019, 02:24 PM   #7

Already contact bank, have been dragging for 1.5 months and yet no proposal from bank, that why trying to seek advice from you guys.
Old 11-08-2019, 02:27 PM   #8
Master Member

The act blur trick donít work all the time. Bank got black and white thatís why they bother to engage a lawyer
hypertrophy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 03:18 PM   #9

Might due to address or contact number not updated with cimb.
WillieTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 03:26 PM   #10
Master Member

You have evidence that CIMB will waive the charges during the meetup? If everything verbal, then it will be difficult. Better be more proactive in following up to resolve asap. See if they can waive off all or at least some of the $11k.
Good luck
Sauron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 03:38 PM   #11

You have evidence that CIMB will waive the charges during the meetup? If everything verbal, then it will be difficult. Better be more proactive in following up to resolve asap. See if they can waive off all or at least some of the $11k.
Good luck
never trust those verbal promise to waive your annual fee or late charges..you need to check online YOURSELF that all these charges have been waived off !
Old 11-08-2019, 03:39 PM   #12

i have account with CIMB..they send me email notification when my monthly CC statement is ready..you never check your statement ?
Old 11-08-2019, 03:43 PM   #13
Master Member

Sigh! We are not working in financial field, if my wife have sense, she wonít roll the bills at first place.
Most of us are not working in the financial field. But none of us will do this and call ourselves a victim. Already burned once yet still don't check if the fees were really waived? Really incredible you let it snowball until 11k. You already know your wife has no sense still don't check?
hyperbole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 04:32 PM   #14

Old day, itís always paper statement. Unless you move and change mobile else itís confirm you will receive the paper statement. Like my case I stop using the card for sometimes but still receive mthly statement showing I have balance of $1.70. Never receive sms or call as my new mobile number didnít update previously.
saver$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 05:00 PM   #15
Supremacy Member

Actually they should already start calling u in 2013

Is it a scam?
alamakazim is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.