HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Citibank Citi Rewards Card

Like Tree357Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-10-2010, 12:38 AM   #16
Supremacy Member

You're right. Interesting...maybe no fee waiver? I don't know...I submitted my online application already. Haven't sent the supporting documents yet. If they charge me annual fee then I will cancel it.
i was able to send in my application then notice how come nv state annual fee and stuffs. later sign liao cannot terminate LLST. somemore this card promo seems too good so the annual fee might be quite high.

better find out 1st before signing.
v0dka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2010, 12:46 AM   #17

Citi Rewards Visa Signature Card
$192.60 (basic)
$96.30 (supplementary)

Citi Rewards WORLD MasterCard
$192.60 (basic)
$96.30 (supplementary)

Visa and Mastercard annual fees
Cash7888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2010, 12:49 AM   #18

so any different between world master and visa signature? and also the 5 years citi$ validity applies for both?
Kenylng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2010, 12:57 AM   #19
Supremacy Member

$192.60 (basic)
$96.30 (supplementary)

$192.60 (basic)
$96.30 (supplementary)

thanks for the info.
btw i assume this card there no free annual fee waiver?
Old 21-10-2010, 03:08 AM   #20

thanks for the info.
btw i assume this card there no free annual fee waiver?
Like the rest, you have to call and ask for waiver
justicesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2010, 03:41 AM   #21

Hmmmm it seems that info on this card is moving really fast... but seriously im wondering how come Citibank came up with this card most people with the Clear and Platinum card would have no use for their cards anymore....

Anyway based on those cards and what is posted here earlier as well....
$5 - 1 points only on certain location (Clear / Platinum) den can get $1 - 1 point. And the way i see it, it does make it more worth to use this to accumulate points....

But just checking is it possible to combine points from different cards ? Coz if can i was wondering should i just apply for this and terminate my Clear.... coz for Dividend its not transferrable.... Rebates for Visa cant use for Masters.... do enlighten me.... thank you!
mohamadhafiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2010, 08:04 AM   #22
Master Member

$192.60 (basic)
$96.30 (supplementary)

$192.60 (basic)
$96.30 (supplementary)

ctb is getting super lame now.
their new system now has a separate gst. thus what we used to pay . eg 180$ af become $192.60 now due to the additional gst. thus with all those stewpig cents now
Old 21-10-2010, 11:02 AM   #23
Supremacy Member

Hmmmm it seems that info on this card is moving really fast... but seriously im wondering how come Citibank came up with this card most people with the Clear and Platinum card would have no use for their cards anymore....

Anyway based on those cards and what is posted here earlier as well....
$5 - 1 points only on certain location (Clear / Platinum) den can get $1 - 1 point. And the way i see it, it does make it more worth to use this to accumulate points....

But just checking is it possible to combine points from different cards ? Coz if can i was wondering should i just apply for this and terminate my Clear.... coz for Dividend its not transferrable.... Rebates for Visa cant use for Masters.... do enlighten me.... thank you!
Regarding the bold part...This is no longer the case. Now is $1 = 1 pt by default. For certain categories of spending, it is $1 = 5 pts.

While we earn points faster, the number of points required to exchange for rewards have gone up as well. I did a quick calculation the other day while looking at the cinema tickets. The increase in points required to exchange is about 6 times.

Also, previously, instant redemption at the ticket counter costs less. Now they cost more.
locksleychang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2010, 12:50 PM   #24

Regarding the bold part...This is no longer the case. Now is $1 = 1 pt by default. For certain categories of spending, it is $1 = 5 pts.
OK i just got to know about it... from 12th October 2010... but it seems on the website only under Platinum but not under Clear Card.

While we earn points faster, the number of points required to exchange for rewards have gone up as well. I did a quick calculation the other day while looking at the cinema tickets. The increase in points required to exchange is about 6 times.

Also, previously, instant redemption at the ticket counter costs less. Now they cost more.
I think this part abit disappointing but kind of expected in a way. Always find that cards that allow point redemption always got catch...

And thx for the info!
Old 21-10-2010, 01:09 PM   #25

but at least the miles part win over the premiermiles card.

btw, just now got the application form from axs machine. got stated 1year free annual fee for both main and supplementary .
Kenylng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2010, 02:34 PM   #26

Ok peeps just went to check for redemption and was suprised looks like my points Have just been MULTIPLIED by 5.... donno bout the amount required for redemption of item have being increased by how much though....

Last edited by mohamadhafiz; 21-10-2010 at 03:07 PM..
Old 21-10-2010, 03:32 PM   #27

Ok peeps just went to check for redemption and was suprised looks like my points Have just been MULTIPLIED by 5.... donno bout the amount required for redemption of item have being increased by how much though....
they increased the redemption by at least a factor of 5 as well on the exact same date of this change
Ming1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2010, 05:13 PM   #28

Wink

ctb is getting super lame now.
their new system now has a separate gst. thus what we used to pay . eg 180$ af become $192.60 now due to the additional gst. thus with all those stewpig cents now
Check out the thread on Amex Rewards Card launched in July 10.

Dun understand why Citi copy the same concept and yet provide lower benefits than Amex.

At a glance.

Welcome offer
Amex - FYF with 8,000 Amex MR upon activation
Citi - FYF with 1,000 Citidollars upon activation

Redemption Value
$20 Robinson vouchers redemption - 3,500 Amex MR
$20 Robinson vouchers redemption - 4,900 Citi Dollars
MrsLoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2010, 11:31 PM   #29
Supremacy Member

Check out the thread on Amex Rewards Card launched in July 10.

Dun understand why Citi copy the same concept and yet provide lower benefits than Amex.

At a glance.

Welcome offer
Amex - FYF with 8,000 Amex MR upon activation
Citi - FYF with 1,000 Citidollars upon activation

Redemption Value
$20 Robinson vouchers redemption - 3,500 Amex MR
$20 Robinson vouchers redemption - 4,900 Citi Dollars
but i check amex is $1=1 pts, citi is $1=10 pts on shopping.
btw cant find information on the annual income requirement for this amex card.
Old 21-10-2010, 11:49 PM   #30
Honorary Member

still don't see how citi cards points are good.........
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.