HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Consolidated thread for Priority/Privilege Banking

Like Tree211Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-10-2018, 09:16 PM   #1501
Master Member

Pay 107 dollar to transfer everything out
Yah, she offered to waive off this. But dump me some forms for me to fill for this transfer. I rebutted her to get me a broker to sell off all my remaining stocks at market order next Monday, but waive off the trading commissions instead.

Who knows the transfer again took ages due to their incompetence again. Rather cut abit of loss for a cleaner break.
FuNKySoULyBrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2018, 10:18 PM   #1502

In terms of the min AUM to maintain with the bank, if your assets are stocks, their value fluctuate, and can fall below their min AUM (specially when stocks plunge). Will that end up forcing you out of the league?
buaytuckchek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2018, 11:02 PM   #1503
Master Member

In terms of the min AUM to maintain with the bank, if your assets are stocks, their value fluctuate, and can fall below their min AUM (specially when stocks plunge). Will that end up forcing you out of the league?
For DBST, they will charged u $50 per month.
Old 22-10-2018, 04:30 PM   #1504
Master Member

Guess what, after shifted over to SCB, now one of the DBST business manager called me to review my case for service recovery, and offer to change my RM.....

Also offer to extend my DBST for another 6 mths with waiver of any fall-below fees ( since I transferred quite alot out to SCB liaoz ). I'll see how it goes for this 6 mths.....
Old 22-10-2018, 07:36 PM   #1505
Honorary Member

Guess what, after shifted over to SCB, now one of the DBST business manager called me to review my case for service recovery, and offer to change my RM.....

Also offer to extend my DBST for another 6 mths with waiver of any fall-below fees ( since I transferred quite alot out to SCB liaoz ). I'll see how it goes for this 6 mths.....
I dun understand leh. Since your DBST got no travel privileges, cannot go lounge then what fall below fees is there?
The only gd thing I see here is the Super Low commission. What am I missing ar?
addict951 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2018, 09:11 PM   #1506
Master Member

I dun understand leh. Since your DBST got no travel privileges, cannot go lounge then what fall below fees is there?
for those that use the priority queue at branches, those treasures ATM lobbies that need you to scan your card or key in nric number, and most importantly, pay the basic salary of those non-performing RMs lor..

"Service Fees
A $50 monthly service fee will be charged on the last day of each month if the ending balance of the account(s) is below $200,000."
Charlie_Zhan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2018, 09:23 PM   #1507
Master Member

Honestly, DBST "economy-class" tier really don't have any good benefits, despite requiring 350k to join. Even their travel privileges doesn't look that great. It's only the Krisflyer gold lounge ( not the Asia Treasures one hor ), and also require SIA or Silkair tixs.

SCB Priority VI Card with PP is better, coz PP more widespread, and only need 200k to get.

Only advantage is their 0.12% trading fee with no min commission. But now SCB is better coz they offer only 0.05% trading fee ( after a rebate promo until end of this year ) with no min commission as well.

Anyway, saw an email today notifying me that I joined DBS Travel Privilege until Mar 2019, despite no longer satisfying the criteria since I already moved out my assets to SCB. I guess that might be some service recovery on their part, but then again, I originally did qualify from their criteria before moving over. Just that my beh kan RM didn't apply despite instructing her.....

At least good to have 2 online trading options between the 2 banks. Can compare both to see which one better. Honestly, I think SCB internet banking quite good, but haven't tried their Online Trading yet.
Old 22-10-2018, 10:38 PM   #1508

Honestly, DBST "economy-class" tier really don't have any good benefits, despite requiring 350k to join. Even their travel privileges doesn't look that great. It's only the Krisflyer gold lounge ( not the Asia Treasures one hor ), and also require SIA or Silkair tixs.

SCB Priority VI Card with PP is better, coz PP more widespread, and only need 200k to get.

Only advantage is their 0.12% trading fee with no min commission. But now SCB is better coz they offer only 0.05% trading fee ( after a rebate promo until end of this year ) with no min commission as well.

Anyway, saw an email today notifying me that I joined DBS Travel Privilege until Mar 2019, despite no longer satisfying the criteria since I already moved out my assets to SCB. I guess that might be some service recovery on their part, but then again, I originally did qualify from their criteria before moving over. Just that my beh kan RM didn't apply despite instructing her.....

At least good to have 2 online trading options between the 2 banks. Can compare both to see which one better. Honestly, I think SCB internet banking quite good, but haven't tried their Online Trading yet.
Cause travel privilege renewed every April. And dbs website damn cui. Cannot click 1. Need to use phone to trade.
helloworld321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2018, 11:21 PM   #1509
Master Member

Cause travel privilege renewed every April. And dbs website damn cui. Cannot click 1. Need to use phone to trade.
Huh? DBS can trade online leh. Using their so call OET ( ie Online Equity Trading ) if under DBST.

Even if u not DBST, can trade online using DBS Vickers, but that one min $10 for cash upfront, otherwise chop carrot at $25 min.....
Old 22-10-2018, 11:34 PM   #1510

Huh? DBS can trade online leh. Using their so call OET ( ie Online Equity Trading ) if under DBST.

Even if u not DBST, can trade online using DBS Vickers, but that one min $10 for cash upfront, otherwise chop carrot at $25 min.....
ya but the web design is damn bad. i can't click on the trade button, no idea why. maybe it's my com. so i end up trading on phone instead and stupid phone app keep giving "We run into a temporary system error" etc.
Old 23-10-2018, 12:06 AM   #1511
Honorary Member

funkysoulbro, the scb 0.05% promo is it available to select priority customers or all? Any URL? Thanks.
addict951 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2018, 12:17 AM   #1512
Master Member

funkysoulbro, the scb 0.05% promo is it available to select priority customers or all? Any URL? Thanks.
Oh...just checked, only applicable to new OET acct signups. See this.
Old 23-10-2018, 12:32 AM   #1513
Master Member

ya but the web design is damn bad. i can't click on the trade button, no idea why. maybe it's my com. so i end up trading on phone instead and stupid phone app keep giving "We run into a temporary system error" etc.
I think maybe ur PC, or acct got problem. Actually, DBS OET is using DBS Vickers online trading as well. Pretty much the same interface.

Btw, if u trade via phone, won't they charge higher commission?
Old 23-10-2018, 12:49 AM   #1514

I think maybe ur PC, or acct got problem. Actually, DBS OET is using DBS Vickers online trading as well. Pretty much the same interface.

Btw, if u trade via phone, won't they charge higher commission?
I meant phone app hahaha not call.
Old 23-10-2018, 09:54 PM   #1515
Master Member

I meant phone app hahaha not call.
Ahh ic. Actually their online web platform has better functionality than the iWealth app. Can make your own custom portfolio, watchlist, plus the Advance Market Data is quite useful.

Finally DBS re-enabled "Bid & Ask" section for me, after my complains lol.

Anyway, in terms of service, SCB ( or at least my SCB RM ) no horse-run compared to DBS. Today, sms him abt the procedure to apply for the SCB VI card, even informing him I dun mind going down to the SCB branch in Raffles Place to fill & sign the forms, since it's near my office.

He told me no need, he will fill the forms for me, and send over via 2-way courier to my office to sign.

DBS leh, almost everything gotta self-service, or RM MIA. Btw, even my newly changed RM didn't contact me to intro. And up til now, haven't refunded me the $50 DBST service fee as promised...
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.