HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

credit card for big purchase

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-07-2020, 11:03 PM   #1

credit card for big purchase

hi all, anyone got lobang for cc that can earn points for school fees and insurance? this is on top of the monthly usage of dining in and travelling overseas.
shengheee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2020, 12:41 AM   #2

hi all, anyone got lobang for cc that can earn points for school fees and insurance? this is on top of the monthly usage of dining in and travelling overseas.
Insurance and Education are largely excluded by most issuers. I think the Maybank Visa Infinite is one of few cards that has not excluded both, or either, of these and you can get 1.2 mpd. Best you check the TnC for exclusions before signing up.

If your insurance is with Chubb, you may also consider the Amex Krisflyer Ascend or Amex Krisflyer cards.
natnaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2020, 10:41 AM   #3

Even points also cannot ah.

Insurance and Education are largely excluded by most issuers. I think the Maybank Visa Infinite is one of few cards that has not excluded both, or either, of these and you can get 1.2 mpd. Best you check the TnC for exclusions before signing up.

If your insurance is with Chubb, you may also consider the Amex Krisflyer Ascend or Amex Krisflyer cards.
Old 28-07-2020, 10:55 AM   #4

Even points also cannot ah.
Yes excluded by the credit card means you can still pay for it, but they would award 0 points for the transaction.
Old 28-07-2020, 03:55 PM   #5

somehow, many "essential" transactions are excluded. soon they will exclude supermarket also
jetblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2020, 04:15 PM   #6

hmmm like that no point paying using credit card le.

Yes excluded by the credit card means you can still pay for it, but they would award 0 points for the transaction.
Old 28-07-2020, 04:15 PM   #7

is it time to migrate to debit card already? haha

somehow, many "essential" transactions are excluded. soon they will exclude supermarket also
Old 28-07-2020, 06:40 PM   #8

is it time to migrate to debit card already? haha
Firstly, most debit cards have abysmal rewards programs compared to credit cards. Secondly, debit cards have exclusions as well and it is up to you to check the terms and conditions.
Old 29-07-2020, 01:02 PM   #9

Few year back, i still get my cashback paying for Kaplan sch fees via Standard Chartered CC
totalpet_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2020, 01:24 PM   #10

Few year back, i still get my cashback paying for Kaplan sch fees via Standard Chartered CC
Unless the MCC for Kaplan is not under Education, those days are gone. Standard Chartered excludes it now.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.