HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Credit card fraud

Like Tree50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2019, 11:16 AM   #271

After writing in, TransitLink is agreeable to refund the charge of $1.29.

But from conversation, I understand why I was charged on 3 Sep, not 4 Sep 6.53am (when I was still sleeping) as mentioned in sms from my credit card company.

On 3 Sep I tapped my transport card, but my credit card (SCB) which was few cards behind my transport card was charged instead. Not only that, my OCBC ATM card (back to back with my transport card) was also charged

That's scary as multiple cards could be charged and worst is, if upon exit, the machine recognises one card, the rest will incur full charge.
So the card was not in your drawer for so many years waiting for replacement?

man, you should listen to us.
fr33d0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 01:55 AM   #272

anyone kena cimb cc online fraud charged in foreign currency recently?
sansanjikikut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 02:41 PM   #273
Supremacy Member

In Sep both my OCBC and MayBank cards got overseas purchased charges,both bank officers called me to verify and I told them did not done these purchased and both bank block both cards immediately and offer replacement cards at no cost.

Also all those purchased charges were waived off.

Thumb up for both OCBC and MayBank for their quick respond.
Norman Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 06:15 PM   #274
Supremacy Member

First time see someone praising OCBC. Lol! Miracle
htngwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 07:20 PM   #275
Supremacy Member

As always, there is no perfect bank and no perfect customers.
Old 14-10-2019, 12:37 PM   #276
Master Member

Kena 1st time a suspicious transaction from "GIANT 6445" on my SCB PB VI card yesterday.... Fortunately, value is small at USD$1.11 and still unposted stage. Called in the bank to check, while they say they can block it immediately, I indicated that I can wait and see, and call in again when it's posted.

With posted stage, the CSO indicated that there will be more details on the transaction to check, ie what is the merchant, where is it, online or offline transaction etc.

Last edited by FuNKySoULyBrO; 14-10-2019 at 12:43 PM..
FuNKySoULyBrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2019, 12:44 PM   #277
Supremacy Member

Kena 1st time a suspicious transaction from "GIANT 6445" on my SCB PB VI card yesterday.... Fortunately, value is small at USD$1.11 and still unposted stage. Called in the bank to check, while they say they can block it immediately, I indicated that I can wait and see, and call in again when it's posted.

With posted stage, the CSO indicated that there will be more details on the transaction to check, ie what is the merchant, where is it, online or offline transaction etc.
Just ask them to cancel your card and issue a new one will do, no more worry going to get unknown charges again.
Old 17-10-2019, 08:36 PM   #278
Master Member

Indeed fraudulent transactions coz on Tues 15 Oct, 2 more small value transactions (usd$1.11 and usd$4.11) from this "GIANT 6445". Seems like this particular fraudster is using the small value "trickling" method of leeching to avoid detection, unlike the big value deductions.

One thing good abt SCB is that you can see unposted transactions immediately, and heng I manage to check. I know Citibank also can see unposted ones immediately, but ironically not DBS ....

Anyway, SCB quite efficient on this. Reported on Tuesday, card was blocked and by the end of that night, can't see the card in my ibanking. On Wed, saw in ibanking a new card number issued. Today ( Thurs ), received the physical card in mail, and all my previous legit transactions/points etc are reflected in this new card account. The fraudulent transactions ain't reflected, so meaning I dun need to pay 1st and refund later.
FuNKySoULyBrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:40 PM   #279
Master Member

Indeed fraudulent transactions coz on Tues 15 Oct, 2 more small value transactions (usd$1.11 and usd$4.11) from this "GIANT 6445". Seems like this particular fraudster is using the small value "trickling" method of leeching to avoid detection, unlike the big value deductions.

One thing good abt SCB is that you can see unposted transactions immediately, and heng I manage to check. I know Citibank also can see unposted ones immediately, but ironically not DBS ....

Anyway, SCB quite efficient on this. Reported on Tuesday, card was blocked and by the end of that night, can't see the card in my ibanking. On Wed, saw in ibanking a new card number issued. Today ( Thurs ), received the physical card in mail, and all my previous legit transactions/points etc are reflected in this new card account. The fraudulent transactions ain't reflected, so meaning I dun need to pay 1st and refund later.
you can use the dbs chat bot to show you a list of your unposted transactions

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
Charlie_Zhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:33 AM   #280

you can use the dbs chat bot to show you a list of your unposted transactions

how do i do this on the mobile app or ibanking website? whats the chat template to use?
sansanjikikut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:49 AM   #281
Master Member

how do i do this on the mobile app or ibanking website? whats the chat template to use?
need to use the web version of the chat bot.. app version can't..

type "issue with my credit card"

1. Click issue with my credit card
2. Authenticate
3. Select the card
4. View Transaction History
5. Pending Settlement will appear

sansanjikikut likes this.
Charlie_Zhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.