Credit Cards annual fees waiver, how hard or easy?

Soon__

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Oh man. DBS dont wanna waive the annual fees of my POSB card. Time to cancel. :(

devion

Reaction score
SCB Manhattan card

Annual fees arrived for my old Manhattan card....so guess it is not auto cancelled after having the new Manhattan world card.
Anyway call in & went through the automated machine to waive the card....when reach to the waiver option..............silence over the phone...........tried again & still..............bah!!!SCB down the waiver process????.....gotta call direct to officer then.

Last time they did not waive my annual fees.....no choice but to pay cos still gain with multiple 5% rebates......now will terminate since got World card as backup.

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For SCB, i just send them a msg thru internet banking and they will waive for me.

I just did the same for my citibank card last week.

HSBC automatically waive off for me, first time ever and considering i just spend like $2k max for the past year. I guess they really want me as their customer.

SBS2716G

Master Member
Reaction score
Annual fees arrived for my old Manhattan card....so guess it is not auto cancelled after having the new Manhattan world card.
Anyway call in & went through the automated machine to waive the card....when reach to the waiver option..............silence over the phone...........tried again & still..............bah!!!SCB down the waiver process????.....gotta call direct to officer then.

Last time they did not waive my annual fees.....no choice but to pay cos still gain with multiple 5% rebates......now will terminate since got World card as backup.

i call in and press the waiver option and all my cards annual cards for SCB got waiver of the annual fee one shot..

for citibank, call in for waiver and leave down phone number.. never get back after 3 days. call in to CSO and ask, and after 30s, all annual fee waived... only amex does not want to waive the annual fee for reward cards, so i cancelled it since i have already converted all my points to miles....

MoDiE

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for me, no waive = cancel the card. never believed in paying annual fees unless its for a very good reason..

at the most, apply for the same card again once u cancelled.

nothinisimpossiblewiftime

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for me, no waive = cancel the card. never believed in paying annual fees unless its for a very good reason..

at the most, apply for the same card again once u cancelled.

some cards its worth it even if u must pay annual fee

amex card cannot waive de. 300 annual fee

but they give u back more in gifts, etc

Suleyman

Reaction score
some cards its worth it even if u must pay annual fee

amex card cannot waive de. 300 annual fee

but they give u back more in gifts, etc

Not true. I had a Platinum credit card and had the annual fee waived for 4 years in a row (including the first). This was the case even during the years where I had little spending on the card.

devion

Reaction score

Waived by SCB....kudos!

limpoop

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh man. DBS dont wanna waive the annual fees of my POSB card. Time to cancel. :(

Sure or not? I called 1800-1111-1111 last month to auto-waive my Everydaycard and all done in 3 mins without speaking to anyone.

crissangelz

Reaction score
i call in and press the waiver option and all my cards annual cards for SCB got waiver of the annual fee one shot..

for citibank, call in for waiver and leave down phone number.. never get back after 3 days. call in to CSO and ask, and after 30s, all annual fee waived... only amex does not want to waive the annual fee for reward cards, so i cancelled it since i have already converted all my points to miles....

wad is CSO? wad no to call n step to reach CSO? Thank you

itedino

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I cancel my uob america express cos it dun waive. I pay them 200 and i banned uob forever

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.