Which credit cards for SP services bills?

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I use SP services bill as a means to fulfill minimum spend for some of the cards joining promotion or on going promotion. That is good enough already. For example I just applied for HSBC visa platinum and need to spend 600 in a month to get 120 cash back. So I am going to use the credit card to do a over the counter payment at SP services customer service counter.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT
Went to pwc building today and paid $300 on my HSBC card for my SP services bill. Basically they allow only current bill + 2 months average bill amount as advance payment. Still good enough. Now I need to find a way to put another 300 to complete the 600 spend and receive 120 cashback.

ixoral

Reaction score
Prepay mobile/broadband phone bills..buy ntuc vouchers..top up Grab if u take that often :)

Pwc building is the only physical place which we can prepay SP bills right?

Went to pwc building today and paid $300 on my HSBC card for my SP services bill. Basically they allow only current bill + 2 months average bill amount as advance payment. Still good enough. Now I need to find a way to put another 300 to complete the 600 spend and receive 120 cashback.

denial86

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Scb ** 1.5%

Speaking of this. My friend actually went to call SCB and they said that 1.5% will be awarded on transactions made through SP Services webbie as well.

Anyone tried that and got the rebate without fuss?

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Speaking of this. My friend actually went to call SCB and they said that 1.5% will be awarded on transactions made through SP Services webbie as well.

Anyone tried that and got the rebate without fuss?

Thought can only use DBS/POSB card to pay via the SP website?

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Prepay mobile/broadband phone bills..buy ntuc vouchers..top up Grab if u take that often :)

Pwc building is the only physical place which we can prepay SP bills right?
Thanks, yes, prepay my Singtel bill is mostly what I will do.

There are 2 other sp services customer service centers, one in Toa payoh and another somewhere else. But my office in Tanjong pagar and I take Telok Ayer mrt so the pwc building perfect for me.

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thought can only use DBS/POSB card to pay via the SP website?
In fact website cannot pay using credit card. Only via app using DBS/POSB.

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

There are 2 other sp services customer service centers, one in Toa payoh and another somewhere else. But my office in Tanjong pagar and I take Telok Ayer mrt so the pwc building perfect for me.

The other place is woodlands civic centre.

yumyumz

Reaction score
Posb everyday mastercard got 1% cashback for recurring sp bills.. Wondering if I pay monthly, not through automatic recurring bills will I be qualified for the cashback, anyone knows?

Sent from Xiaomi MI A1 using GAGT

elnewbie

Reaction score
The 1% cashback is subject to a max of $1 per month. Surely u can't be so despo just for that $1?

Posb everyday mastercard got 1% cashback for recurring sp bills.. Wondering if I pay monthly, not through automatic recurring bills will I be qualified for the cashback, anyone knows?

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
uob one has new exclusions where govt services omitted from cashback...is sp services considered a govt svc?

arigatoast

Reaction score

do they accept visa paywave?

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
uob one has new exclusions where govt services omitted from cashback...is sp services considered a govt svc?

As was discussed in the uob one card thread, sp services has utilities MCC, not govt

yumyumz

Reaction score
Is sp services in the exclusion list for dbs altitude card? Not sure if it's considered a govt service

Sent from Xiaomi using GAGT

more3cm

Reaction score
No, they do not accept visa paywave

Was at HDB hub, saw the NETS machine with the big screen, asked to pay with NETSPAY QR code but the cashier said "cannot, not linked up". Cannot NFC NETSPAY also.

But I think can flashpay

yiron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I paid using my POSB Everyday via the app (rather than recurring) and received the 1% cashback.

ixoral

Reaction score
I thought there’s a cap of $1 for posb everyday rebate on sp ? Unless your utilities bill is within $100

I paid using my POSB Everyday via the app (rather than recurring) and received the 1% cashback.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.