LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-05-2016, 01:53 PM   #31
Master Member

Aggregate Outstanding Balances
Unsecured Balances Non-Interest Bearing
DBS 2,404.00
UOB 14.79
HSBC 524.40

i don't understand this part ? i pay in full but this part appear on my report ?

EE grading
Too Many Enquiries Marginally Increases Risk
Immature Credit History Marginally Increases Risk
Credit Exposure Moderately Increases Risk
U have use the amount of credits... It's non interest meaning u had paid in full...

xersion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2016, 02:10 PM   #32

U have use the amount of credits... It's non interest meaning u had paid in full...
always paid in full, but my grading from CC drop to EE

driving me nuts
TnT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2016, 08:55 PM   #33

Aggregate Outstanding Balances
Unsecured Balances Non-Interest Bearing
DBS 2,404.00
UOB 14.79
HSBC 524.40

i don't understand this part ? i pay in full but this part appear on my report ?

EE grading
non interest is okay, if you have interest-free instalment, it will appear here.

its interest bearing that is not good, meaning you have outstanding balance thats generating interest.
ftft58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2016, 10:52 PM   #34
Supremacy Member

always paid in full, but my grading from CC drop to EE

driving me nuts
We won't know how the calculation is done. Paying in full when you are rated CC might not be enough to bring your rating up. Like school grades, once you get a poor grade like E you will need many many A grades in order to pull it up again... whereas a consistent scoring B fellow has an easy time.

I have immature credit history, previously also had too many enquiries, yet still AA rating every time I check
doody_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2016, 12:31 AM   #35

The question was applying many credit card from same bank will affect credit score or not.
No, applying for many credit cards may not affect your credit ratings at all. This applies to other bank facilities as well. Credit score is affected by; repayment deadlines, existing borrowing records, internal audits & liaising with governmental agencies and other factors.

One way to retreat from such hassles is to improve your current impression. Since OP is wary of the negativity, why not secure credit repair services such as paying off debts, clearing due loans, negotiating for lower interest rates etc.

Some repercussions from bad image: cannot secure new loans, every other financial institution will have records and even up to failing to find jobs especially in executive positions.
Old 16-05-2016, 08:23 AM   #36

We won't know how the calculation is done. Paying in full when you are rated CC might not be enough to bring your rating up. Like school grades, once you get a poor grade like E you will need many many A grades in order to pull it up again... whereas a consistent scoring B fellow has an easy time.

I have immature credit history, previously also had too many enquiries, yet still AA rating every time I check
its not that only when my grade drop than I start paying in full, the day I received my cards, I always pay in full and on time.
Old 16-05-2016, 05:59 PM   #37

since your HH grade is very recent, what you can do is to just focus on using one credit card to improve your rating

previously i shared a method in another cc thread about improving your credit rating, which you can consider doing.

1) buy something which is between 30-50 bucks and charge it to one card.
2) wait for the transaction to be posted
3) abt 3-4 work days later, check the credit card transaction via your banking app or ibanking.
4) Once you see that this transaction has been posted, go to the nearest SAM or AXS machine and settle the full amount immediately
5) Wait one work day for the bank to reflect that they have received the payment.
6) Once received, repeat Step 1 to Step 5. Do this for a few weeks

by doing this, you are slowly clocking positive rating

thx... will try that, but already used existing cards liao, all is below 1k, less than 10% usage.

Dunno this method, me is ji tao throw in 1k thru axs to pay. Still waiting for the report to update fully. Clock the first 'A' for payment of AMEX card. The other cancelled 500 limit cards all not updated yet.
Old 16-05-2016, 06:56 PM   #38
Supremacy Member

its not that only when my grade drop than I start paying in full, the day I received my cards, I always pay in full and on time.
Well there must be something that caused the drop in grade for you... I have had my share of crazy CC signup moments (those SCB days were the best) and even missed a payment or two, but I still have AA grade until now

Anyway there's nothing much you can do now, continue repaying your cards on time and it should go back up slowly...
Old 16-05-2016, 07:34 PM   #39

Well there must be something that caused the drop in grade for you... I have had my share of crazy CC signup moments (those SCB days were the best) and even missed a payment or two, but I still have AA grade until now

Anyway there's nothing much you can do now, continue repaying your cards on time and it should go back up slowly...
I guess the drop from CC to EE is mainly due to Credit Exposure and Too Many Enquiries

Key Contributing Factors associated with this Rating
Old 16-05-2016, 07:41 PM   #40
Master Member

U do know u can appeal for ur grading right?

xersion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2016, 08:23 PM   #41

U do know u can appeal for ur grading right?
oh din't know can appeal, will try email them
Old 18-05-2016, 12:20 PM   #42

It's clearly stated in your credit report that delinquency presence is greatly increasing the risk. Going by your nick, you're 1988, you barely started work, you're applying for a whole bunch of credit cards from different banks (greatly increasing your available credit limit), and worst of all, you already owe the bank money. It's no wonder your credit rating has plummeted...

If you look at the credit report, once payment is missed you get a N (iirc) for full payment made and a Y (iirc) for balance carried forward. It might be only $2 but a missed payment is a missed payment no matter the amount. Add on the crazy card applications and it could easily look like someone desperately trying to live off credit cards...

The other 3 contributing factors barely affect the score (my hypothesis). I used to have immature history + too many enquiries and still got AA rating.
Actually I hold 2 master degrees (one from local ivy) and 1 grad diploma and a few years working experience while my batch all just graduated with a first degree when I graduate with my last degree. Who says sinkieland no local talent (neh, shld humble ma, we r skilled workers, they r skilled migrants) de? So, yes, I am 1987 not 88 (I guess ppl can put 88 as it is a prosperity number, no law says must stick to the norm), but already working multiple jobs liao.

The bank loan I have is for tuition fee loan for NUS master degree, $10k. Paid fully and now no more loan for years already. Yes, per date, I already have 3 credit cards under my belt, and canceled all previous credit cards of $500 limit.

Yes, now I paid $5 for the $2 payment. CIMB still have not refund me back the other $3. So how, now the bank owe me $3, I will grade the bank a very low grade and dun bank with them anymore? Ridiculous. The grading system is a bit too rigid and does not even accommodate more different situations. And the bank make a transaction of $3 and mail me a letter with postage costs? Lol.

Last edited by Lagu88; 18-05-2016 at 12:26 PM..
Lagu88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2016, 03:36 PM   #43

just email CBS to appeal the EE grade, now wait for them to reply
Old 18-05-2016, 07:11 PM   #44
Arch-Supremacy Member

don't think applying too much cc will drop so much. sometimes ago I apply 12 diff cards across 6 banks actually bump me from BB to AA. and all but citibank approved the cards.
LesPhantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2016, 07:46 PM   #45
Supremacy Member

Actually I hold 2 master degrees (one from local ivy) and 1 grad diploma and a few years working experience while my batch all just graduated with a first degree when I graduate with my last degree. Who says sinkieland no local talent (neh, shld humble ma, we r skilled workers, they r skilled migrants) de? So, yes, I am 1987 not 88 (I guess ppl can put 88 as it is a prosperity number, no law says must stick to the norm), but already working multiple jobs liao.

The bank loan I have is for tuition fee loan for NUS master degree, $10k. Paid fully and now no more loan for years already. Yes, per date, I already have 3 credit cards under my belt, and canceled all previous credit cards of $500 limit.

Yes, now I paid $5 for the $2 payment. CIMB still have not refund me back the other $3. So how, now the bank owe me $3, I will grade the bank a very low grade and dun bank with them anymore? Ridiculous. The grading system is a bit too rigid and does not even accommodate more different situations. And the bank make a transaction of $3 and mail me a letter with postage costs? Lol.
Umm ok, paiseh for wrong assumption on the life history

As for missing the payment I'm pretty certain that's how it works. That's why upfront they list all your credit cards down and the payment history, and it's a simple Y or N for payment made in full. The details about outstanding amounts come later in the report. Hence, it's logical to guess that CBS places more emphasis on timely payments as compared to amount owed.

So I suppose you can try to defend your idea of logic here, or take it up directly with the ones who actually have control over your rating....
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.