Old 13-07-2018, 08:54 AM   #63
High Supremacy Member

Why does the grade matter?
What’s the purpose of it?
affects your ability to obtain credit
K|muRa^84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2018, 10:31 AM   #64
Arch-Supremacy Member

It will improve with time. Just pay your bills on time.

My score is BB, sadly

what does Credit Exposure mean? Total credit limit? Or unsecured balances?
coloumbiaGames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2018, 12:49 PM   #65

Credit rating score only starts computing after one obtains a credit card from banks right?

Anyone faced problem getting cc from banks because their score is GX (no credit history, and therefore you do not have a credit score available)
MuppeJack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 02:55 PM   #66

Hi may i know so did it improve after 2 years?
Busybee85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 02:56 PM   #67

Anyone have HH and score 1555 and try to apply for a new card?
Busybee85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2019, 10:09 PM   #68

Anyone have HH and score 1555 and try to apply for a new card?
Was CX and now HH.. sigh..

Application of CC rejected by few banks before (guess I applied too many in short period) until the last one Citibank, they asked me to provide additional doc - latest 1 mth salary, and it approved!

Anyone know how long does it take to increase the grade toat least BB or CC?¿
kilobytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2019, 11:04 PM   #69
Supremacy Member

Personally I feel is to use more of your credit cards and always pay on full for at least a year. Your rating should go up.

I have many credit cards and credit lines as well.
Once in awhile , I might forgot to make payment. (it happens.)

I also used my credit lines for personal investments as well. I mean interest free for 6/12 months with a small processing fees, it is quite a waste not to leverage on that.

My monthly spending is about $8k-12k which I spread over the cards.
I know there are many more people who probably spend more that in a single card monthly, but I think this could be one of the contributing factors to my AA/2000 score?

I mean I did miss out on payment before but usually will settle straight away when I got the SMS or reminder letters.

For one of my OCBC and Maybank card which I seldom use, i forgot to call to waive off the annual fees. For 3 months, they keep sending me reminders and charging late fees on TOP of the unpaid annual fees. It came back to quite a substantial sum.

Eventually I got them waived, however it did not affected my CBS record. Very weird. But I was ready to write a letter to the banks to reinstate the records if they did.
superhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 11:35 AM   #70

My credit rating dropped from HH to HZ.

Stupidly took up various loans and student CCs when I was young and gambled and had problems back then to pay off. Went to university overseas and didn’t pay my CC and loan bills and it snowballed like crazy, naturally.

Fast forward to today, my outstanding amount is now at $900 with one bank. Other banks have been paid off.

Recently I received a call from HSBC to apply for a personal loan. The CSO said that if I take a loan with them and pay promptly my credit score will go up. He said the loan can also help to pay off my last $900 outstanding with Citibank. So I applied for their loan online and got rejected immediately. Another CSO then called and said the reason my loan was rejected was captured in their system as “no documents submitted”. He helped me apply for a loan through email and a courier. Am waiting for the outcome now.

Immediately after this I checked my CBR and it was HZ. It was HH 2 days ago....yes I have applied for other loans and CCs few months ago and while they were all rejected, my score still remained at HH.

In any case, once my $900 is paid off, how do I increase my credit score if banks just keep rejecting my applications?
Oliver Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 11:53 AM   #71

My credit rating dropped from HH to HZ.

Stupidly took up various loans and student CCs when I was young and gambled and had problems back then to pay off. Went to university overseas and didn’t pay my CC and loan bills and it snowballed like crazy, naturally.

Fast forward to today, my outstanding amount is now at $900 with one bank. Other banks have been paid off.

Recently I received a call from HSBC to apply for a personal loan. The CSO said that if I take a loan with them and pay promptly my credit score will go up. He said the loan can also help to pay off my last $900 outstanding with Citibank. So I applied for their loan online and got rejected immediately. Another CSO then called and said the reason my loan was rejected was captured in their system as “no documents submitted”. He helped me apply for a loan through email and a courier. Am waiting for the outcome now.

Immediately after this I checked my CBR and it was HZ. It was HH 2 days ago....yes I have applied for other loans and CCs few months ago and while they were all rejected, my score still remained at HH.

In any case, once my $900 is paid off, how do I increase my credit score if banks just keep rejecting my applications?
don't apply any other unsecure credit facility. Won't be approved anyway.

Wait for a year or two.
fr33d0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 09:27 PM   #72

don't apply any other unsecure credit facility. Won't be approved anyway.

Wait for a year or two.
Thank you. Will do. Just a little strange that HSBC called asking me to apply, but probably some marketing ploy.
Oliver Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 09:54 AM   #73
Supremacy Member

I had problem with a stupid bank before. I screwed them for some issue and they give me bad credit rating. All these stunts they do won’t affect you as long as you have surplus cash, don’t take loan and pay bills on time. Usually ur credit status will be affected if you don’t pay repeatedly (not only once or twice).

Now my credit rating back to AAA. Bank suck thumb also
htngwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 05:18 PM   #74
Master Member

try to see if the bank allows you to apply for a secured credit card instead.

with prompt repayment over a period of time, you should see your credit score increase.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.