DBS Altitude Visa Signature

MaoZeDuo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Smrt card for sure.

I dunno where you saw the below quote from but AFAIK, this is not a targeted promo. It's open to all.

Its in the t&c under promotional tab. But I'm applying anyway :)

But insurance only for Prudential :(

kelvinkezz

Reaction score
Just wondering since it's effective July 2, means our transactions on July 1 will still be eligible for the DBS points?

Some bad news:
http://www.dbs.com.sg/iwov-resources/pdf/cards/rewards_programme_tnc.pdf

2.6 With effect from 2 July 2017,
a) DBS Points will not be awarded for:
 Bill payments and all transactions via AXS, SAM, eNETS;
 Payments to educational institutions;
 Payment to government institutions and services (court cases, fines, bail and bonds, tax
payment, postal services, parking lots and garages, intra-government purchases and any
other government services not classified here);
 Payment to insurance companies (sales, underwriting, and premiums);
 Payments to financial institutions (including banks and brokerages);
 Payment to non-profit organisations;
 Any top-ups or payment of funds to payment service provides, prepaid cards and any
prepaid accounts (including EZ-Link, NETS FlashPay and Transit Link);.....

Layers

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some bad news:
http://www.dbs.com.sg/iwov-resources/pdf/cards/rewards_programme_tnc.pdf

2.6 With effect from 2 July 2017,
a) DBS Points will not be awarded for:
 Bill payments and all transactions via AXS, SAM, eNETS;
 Payments to educational institutions;
 Payment to government institutions and services (court cases, fines, bail and bonds, tax
payment, postal services, parking lots and garages, intra-government purchases and any
other government services not classified here);
 Payment to insurance companies (sales, underwriting, and premiums);
 Payments to financial institutions (including banks and brokerages);
 Payment to non-profit organisations;
 Any top-ups or payment of funds to payment service provides, prepaid cards and any
prepaid accounts (including EZ-Link, NETS FlashPay and Transit Link);
 Instalment payment plan purchases, preferred payment plans, balance transfer, fund
transfer, cash advances, annual fees, interest, late payment charges, all fees charged by
DBS, miscellaneous charges imposed by DBS (unless otherwise stated in writing by DBS).
Oh furk. I am screwed.

Sent from Sony E6853 using GAGT

SibehEng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no more points for ezlink;ezreload? time to switch my ezreload to other card

anyone have recommendation for ezreload?

godspeed1208

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i am very new to credit cards and krisflyer miles but i am interested and have been reading around. Now i plan of getting the DBS Altitude Visa Signature card. Could someone please answer a few questions ? Would really appreciate some help here...

1. which is better for gaining more krisflyer miles.... DBS Altitude Visa Signature , UOB Preferred Platinum Visa Card, or the Citi PremierMiles Visa Card?

2. i am self employed with annual income higher than 30k, will i be eligiable?

3. Is krisflyer the best option? i saw others like lifemiles etc so am confused.

4.can i use krisflyer miles to book other flights like turkish airliness and how do i check how much miles/points i will need?

5.can i earn miles/points by paying for bills, groceries, petrol etc using the card? Sorry never used creditcard before ...

6. Also if i booked a fight with turkish airliness(for example), can i earn krisflyer miles or i can only earn krisflyer miles by booking SIA flights? Thanks

Last edited:

elnewbie

Reaction score
Have you read the Credit card wiki sticky thread ?

Hi everyone, i am very new to credit cards and krisflyer miles but i am interested and have been reading around. Now i plan of getting the DBS Altitude Visa Signature card. Could someone please answer a few questions ? Would really appreciate some help here...

1. which is better for gaining more krisflyer miles.... DBS Altitude Visa Signature , UOB Preferred Platinum Visa Card, or the Citi PremierMiles Visa Card?

2. i am self employed with annual income higher than 30k, will i be eligiable?

3. Is krisflyer the best option? i saw others like lifemiles etc so am confused.

4.can i use krisflyer miles to book other flights like turkish airliness and how do i check how much miles/points i will need?

5.can i earn miles/points by paying for bills, groceries, petrol etc using the card? Sorry never used creditcard before ...

6. Also if i booked a fight with turkish airliness(for example), can i earn krisflyer miles or i can only earn krisflyer miles by booking SIA flights? Thanks

tamago_

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
1. you habe to do your own research.

2. yes, by submitting your income tax or CPF statement.

4. you can use KF miles to book Star Alliance flights. check with respective airlines or go to Flyertalk forums.

5. yes.

6. can (for airline bookings in general). there are transactions of certain categories that won't earn miles, and while they differ between banks, you can expect certain bill payments or payment for prepaid services to not earn miles.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.