DBS Altitude Visa Signature

Like Tree585Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-01-2018, 12:32 AM   #4921
Arch-Supremacy Member

is this fee still applicable? can't find this info in dbs site
https://www.dbs.com.sg/personal/cards/rewards/card-rewards

There are 2 types of miles conversion now
1) KrisFlyer Miles Auto Conversion Programme is applicable to Principal Cardmembers who hold a valid DBS Insignia Card, DBS Black Treasures Elite Card or DBS Altitude Card. DBS Points will be converted at the start of each quarter, in minimum blocks of 500 DBS Points to 1,000 KrisFlyer miles. An annual participation fee of S$40+GST will be charged to customer’s DBS Credit Card after successful enrolment. =>Catch is cannot keep points once earn 500 DBS points. KF miles expire in 3 years.

2) S$25+GST per air miles redemption. Blocks of 5k DBS to 10k miles.

Last edited by Trazora; 19-01-2018 at 12:34 AM..
Trazora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2018, 01:10 AM   #4922

thanks for the confirmation...so it's same like Citibank premier miles...

thinking of jumping ship to this card becos Citibank charge CCY on almost all my foreign currency transaction, be it online or POS, kinda ridiculous to keep checking and informing Citi that my credit card slip is showing payment in foreign currency..

do you guys encounter this?
Sounds like a DCC problem. Google ‘Milelion dcc’ for Articles on this.
Spk307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2018, 02:22 AM   #4923

No more ..

Pay SGD25 per transaction.
revived since starting of January

Sent from International Space Station using GAGT
Charlie_Zhan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2018, 08:11 AM   #4924
Master Member

Any new sign up promo for this cc?

Previously any?

Tornesoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2018, 09:32 AM   #4925
Arch-Supremacy Member

thinking of jumping ship to this card becos Citibank charge CCY on almost all my foreign currency transaction, be it online or POS, kinda ridiculous to keep checking and informing Citi that my credit card slip is showing payment in foreign currency..

how many % is this CCY?

Last edited by Trazora; 19-01-2018 at 09:36 AM..
Trazora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2018, 01:20 PM   #4926
Arch-Supremacy Member

citi pm has less exclusion

I think all charge ba only citi showthem seperately?

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT
Layers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2018, 11:28 AM   #4927
Master Member

yes both altitude and pm charges the ccy rates... 1% for both cards

for example uber on dbs cards shows the uber price you paid on the app x 1.01 while citi whole show in 2 line item the actual price & the ccy charge... ocbc bills similar to dbs

I prefer citi for 2 things; very little exclusion for 1.2m base rate earn (i.e road tax included) and more transfer partners
wj1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2018, 11:38 AM   #4928

I started off with DBS Altitude but started shifting to Citi PM.
Reasons: 1. Less exclusions 2. Citi potentially issues more miles for mulitple transactions. -> Altitude issues 1 rewards point (2miles) per $1.67 spent with points rounded down whereas Citi issues 1.2 miles per $1 before rounding 3. More partners to transfer miles to
bluetwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2018, 02:32 PM   #4929
Arch-Supremacy Member

for example uber on dbs cards shows the uber price you paid on the app x 1.01 while citi whole show in 2 line item the actual price & the ccy charge... ocbc bills similar to dbs

I prefer citi for 2 things; very little exclusion for 1.2m base rate earn (i.e road tax included) and more transfer partners
That is for cross border fee (SGD charged by merchants based outside singapore).

Somehow for ekardo, his native foreign currency charges are being converted to SGD and then levied a 3.X% fee even though he declined the DCC option
Old 20-01-2018, 04:04 PM   #4930

Reasons: 1. Less exclusions 2. Citi potentially issues more miles for mulitple transactions. -> Altitude issues 1 rewards point (2miles) per $1.67 spent with points rounded down whereas Citi issues 1.2 miles per $1 before rounding 3. More partners to transfer miles to
but DBS Altitude points can be combined with DBS Woman who gives more miles for online transaction
laurent_rio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2018, 04:13 PM   #4931
Supremacy Member

I think it's still good to keep DBS Altitude for certain spendings like airfares and hotels for 3mpd. Somemore its points do not expire.
AMD_FREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2018, 07:34 PM   #4932
Supremacy Member

hi all, this may have been asked. how long does it typically take to have redeemed points reflected in my krisflyer account after i performed the online redemption? faq states 1-2 weeeks but i hoping for actual cases that you experienced. thanks@
Old 20-01-2018, 08:14 PM   #4933

hi all, this may have been asked. how long does it typically take to have redeemed points reflected in my krisflyer account after i performed the online redemption? faq states 1-2 weeeks but i hoping for actual cases that you experienced. thanks@
normally less than 1 weeks several times i redeemed
laurent_rio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2018, 08:18 PM   #4934
Arch-Supremacy Member

too bad too hard to apply. Got rejected. Monthly salary below 4400. Gross salary above 50k.

Too bad lor. I got citi clear reward n smrt card

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT
Layers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2018, 08:31 PM   #4935
Supremacy Member

normally less than 1 weeks several times i redeemed
oh greeat .... Thanks it does not change still

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 using GAGT
nomoreliaola is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.