HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

DBS Altitude Visa Signature

Like Tree581Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-03-2012, 09:36 PM   #1

DBS Altitude Visa Signature

Before you all start ripping into me that the Altitude is Amex only, I've just received a letter from DBS, offering me a DBS Altitude Visa Signature card. It appears to be targeted campaign, as the application form received clearly states that "Your application is PRE-APPROVED and no income documents are needed" (unless you are self-employed). Just as well, as it's where my monthly salary goes, they already know how much I make.

The application form states that a minimum gross annual income of $80,000 is required (although we all know that it doesn't apply very strictly in practice).

There is, however, a $42.80 annual fee to join the "program" to transfer miles to the airline's frequent flyer accounts, on top of the usual annual fee (assuming anyone actually pays this).

Earn rate is $1 = 1.2 miles for the first $2000 per month, then $1 = 1.6 miles for the amount that is over $2000.

The card cannot be found on the website at this stage.

Has anyone received this application pack too?

And yes, it is really a Visa Signature card, not an Amex.
Awesom Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 09:38 PM   #2
Master Member

Before you all start ripping into me that the Altitude is Amex only, I've just received a letter from DBS, offering me a DBS Altitude Visa Signature card. It appears to be targeted campaign, as the application form received clearly states that "Your application is PRE-APPROVED and no income documents are needed" (unless you are self-employed). Just as well, as it's where my monthly salary goes, they already know how much I make.

The application form states that a minimum gross annual income of $80,000 is required (although we all know that it doesn't apply very strictly in practice).

There is, however, a $42.80 annual fee to join the "program" to transfer miles to the airline's frequent flyer accounts, on top of the usual annual fee (assuming anyone actually pays this).

Earn rate is $1 = 1.2 miles for the first $2000 per month, then $1 = 1.6 miles for the amount that is over $2000.

The card cannot be found on the website at this stage.

Has anyone received this application pack too?

And yes, it is really a Visa Signature card, not an Amex.
if this is true, it is a direct one-up on the citi premiermiles. Then it will be the best general card to earn miles making the citi pm almost irrelevant.
alwaysnforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 10:13 PM   #3
Master Member

I believe DBS Altitude is around for a while.

Unless you are spending more than $2k every month, Citi PM is equal.

On top of this, Citi PM doesn't have this $42.80 annual fee, but only pay when you need to transfer miles to your KF account.
Citi PM miles doesn't expire unless DBS that transfer it to KF monthly & KF account expires every 3 years (To be confirm)

If you pay the annual fee ($120) for Citi PM, you can get 10k miles. Or just wavier it for free.
yantao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 10:32 PM   #4
Master Member

I believe DBS Altitude is around for a while.

Unless you are spending more than $2k every month, Citi PM is equal.

On top of this, Citi PM doesn't have this $42.80 annual fee, but only pay when you need to transfer miles to your KF account.
Citi PM miles doesn't expire unless DBS that transfer it to KF monthly & KF account expires every 3 years (To be confirm)

If you pay the annual fee ($120) for Citi PM, you can get 10k miles. Or just wavier it for free.
dbs altitude points doesn't expire either. and you get 10k miles worth of points when you renew as well. the only downside is the $42.80 annual fee, but if you spend more than 2k per month then you really only need this card instead of citi pm
Old 22-03-2012, 10:58 PM   #5

Does this new Visa Signature card also come with 10k miles for $180 each year?
continuum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 12:34 AM   #6

Does this new Visa Signature card also come with 10k miles for $180 each year?
Yes. Although spending more than $25k in the year and the annual fee will be automatically waived. I think this is the same as the Amex version.

I'm sending off my application tomorrow. Let's see where it leads from here.
Old 23-03-2012, 12:42 AM   #7
Master Member

Yes. Although spending more than $25k in the year and the annual fee will be automatically waived. I think this is the same as the Amex version.

I'm sending off my application tomorrow. Let's see where it leads from here.
did they include pictures of the card? any other perks/promo for using this card?
Old 23-03-2012, 11:41 AM   #8

did they include pictures of the card? any other perks/promo for using this card?
The card looks the same as the current Amex version, except it has the standard Visa Signature wording instead of the Amex logo at the bottom right hand corner. I looked at it about 20 times myself just to convince myself that it is indeed not an Amex card as they looked virtually identical.

They also have a promo where, if you are the first x00 card holders to spend an insane amount of money within the next few months, you get a whole bunch of extra miles. Can't remember what the numbers are - the flyer is at home.

There's also the 1-year fee waiver, if that makes a difference to anybody.

Apart from that, that's all there is to it. In a nutshell, they are pretty tight on sign-on bonuses.

I can put the flyer through the scanner later tonight (read: early next morning - being a Fri night after all), but I'll need to find somewhere to upload the image.
Boreal likes this.
Old 23-03-2012, 11:53 AM   #9

Hmm...considering that I spent more than 100k with my Altitude Amex in the last 12 months, I wonder why I didnt get an invitation.. well, want to switch to HSBC anyway...
Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 12:36 PM   #10

Hmm...considering that I spent more than 100k with my Altitude Amex in the last 12 months, I wonder why I didnt get an invitation.. well, want to switch to HSBC anyway...
Is the invite for existing DBS customers who do not have any AMEX Altitude card or for customers who are existing using Altitude Card?
hclee01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 12:38 PM   #11

Well, I spent around S$100K with my Maybank Horizon Card in the last 12 months and didn't get an invite for their Infinite Card. I went ahead and charge everything now to my HSBC Infinite Card instead.
hclee01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 12:55 AM   #12

Is the invite for existing DBS customers who do not have any AMEX Altitude card or for customers who are existing using Altitude Card?
Possibly the first... at least I'm in that category anyway. I currently hold a DBS deposit account, with salary paid into this account monthly. No other products with DBS currently, however.
Old 24-03-2012, 08:31 AM   #13
Arch-Supremacy Member

the benefit of the amex versus the signature is the same?
cos dbs website haven update the card.

for non miles user, seem scb is still the better bet.
naruto13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 12:21 PM   #14
Supremacy Member

the benefit of the amex versus the signature is the same?
cos dbs website haven update the card.

for non miles user, seem scb is still the better bet.
visa got more places to use as compared to amex.

what's the fee for converting points to miles? i know citi premiermiles is $25...
Old 24-03-2012, 12:28 PM   #15
Arch-Supremacy Member

for me i looking at the normal redemption only, not miles.

but this product still not on dbs website.
naruto13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.