DBS Visa Debit 5% cashback for contactless payment

yumyumz

Reaction score
Damn, I just went and applied for DBS multiplier account and was looking forward to use the debit card for the 5% rebate, and now they change the terms.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT
Debit card spend not eligible for card spend in multiplier

Sent from Xiaomi using GAGT

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
after this month will stop using this card already... just applied for their live fresh card which gives 10% cashback for paywave + online spend instead of just paywave.. min spend $600 which is only $200 more. somemore now got signup cash gift of $50 now

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Debit card spend not eligible for card spend in multiplier

Sent from Xiaomi using GAGT
Thanks I know this. I will spend only a nominal amount on my womens card to meet the requirement.

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So to earn this rebate basically you need to have an account with another bank so that you can do a fast transfer and withdraw cash from ATM?

I have DBS cashline account, but I guess it is counted as DBS ATM card so it gets counted in the 400 withdrawal limit. So I will need to apply for a cashline account with another bank.

johanyu

Reaction score
So to earn this rebate basically you need to have an account with another bank so that you can do a fast transfer and withdraw cash from ATM?

I have DBS cashline account, but I guess it is counted as DBS ATM card so it gets counted in the 400 withdrawal limit. So I will need to apply for a cashline account with another bank.

from March onwards "you can enjoy 5% cashback on all local Visa payWave spend on your DBS Visa Debit Card when you spend minimum S$400 on your Card in that month."

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
from March onwards "you can enjoy 5% cashback on all local Visa payWave spend on your DBS Visa Debit Card when you spend minimum S$400 on your Card in that month."
Hmm.. you are right doesn't make sense. Might as well sign up for UOB One and spend another 100, to get 3.3% on all spend.

JuniorLion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm.. you are right doesn't make sense. Might as well sign up for UOB One and spend another 100, to get 3.3% on all spend.

Or, get Maybank Platinum Visa. Spend $300/month for 3 months and get 3.33% cashback.

peppermint7

Master Member
Reaction score
i also received my cashback. just gotten my live fresh card since they are giving 10% for 6 months. time to move on. unless i have excess. then I'll revisit this card.

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
received $28++ today... time to say bye bye to this card and start using the new dbs live fresh card from 1 March onwards..

Sent from International Space Station using GAGT

simplylyn

Reaction score
But still can use EZ-Link top up to make up the $400 Min spending right?

Yup, as long as it's by Visa/Mastercard and not by NETS. Do note they have a 10% rebate (contactless transactions) promo for the next 3 months if you don't withdraw cash at all. A good deal even with the min 400 spend, in my opinion.

Check out for more details: https://www.dbs.com.sg/personal/promotion/beepbeepkaching?pid=sg-dbs-pweb-home-heroblock-deposits-beepbeepkaching-btnlearnmore

Soul77

Reaction score
I saw in the tnc limit of max $200. So if i make 2 paywave trans 200 each then ok? Can the card be used to pay for $200? I thought paywave only eligible for up to $100 per transaction?

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I withdraw cash from dbs cashline account, using its atm card, is it considered as part of the withdrawal limit?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.