HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

DBS Visa Debit 5% cashback for contactless payment

Like Tree129Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-07-2016, 11:20 AM   #1

DBS Visa Debit 5% cashback for contactless payment

Rewards are just a tap away with the DBS Visa Debit Card, voted the Best Credit/Debit Card of 2016 by AsiaOne People's Choice Awards. From 1 August 2016, enjoy 5% cashback when you pay using Visa payWave, through your card, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or Android Pay. Simply keep your cash withdrawals to three times or less every month at any DBS/POSB ATMs and branches.

http://www.dbs.com.sg/personal/cards...dbs-visa-debit

Cap at $50 cashback per month... looks good!

Edit:

There's new sign up bonus as well:

http://www.dbs.com.sg/personal/promotion/dbs-visa-debit

Start using your new DBS Debit Card & get a S$10 shopping voucher with a minimum spend of S$100!

Last edited by Hyphos; 30-07-2016 at 07:03 PM..
Hyphos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2016, 11:36 AM   #2

Looks like both to me.
Old 30-07-2016, 11:45 AM   #3

shd be.

P.s: deleted my earlier post as i realised I missed out "through your card" phrase
Old 30-07-2016, 03:30 PM   #4

Rewards are just a tap away with the DBS Visa Debit Card, voted the Best Credit/Debit Card of 2016 by AsiaOne People's Choice Awards. From 1 August 2016, enjoy 5% cashback when you pay using Visa payWave, through your card, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or Android Pay. Simply keep your cash withdrawals to three times or less every month at any DBS/POSB ATMs and branches.

http://www.dbs.com.sg/personal/cards...dbs-visa-debit

Cap at $50 cashback per month... looks good!

Thanks for the info. Looks good indeed. No minimum spending somemore. I don't have this card though. Time to apply?

Last edited by benlau1; 30-07-2016 at 03:35 PM..
benlau1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2016, 03:59 PM   #5

Simply keep your cash withdrawals to three times or less every month at any DBS/POSB ATMs and branches.
i've a DBS SAFRA debit visa card, thing it qualifies for this. but can i safely say, the above is a never before condition? and the ultimate motive is to reduce the number of people queuing to withdraw cash. meaning if i typically withdraw cash that can last 3-4 days, now i need to carry at least 10 days worth of money?

edited: my mistake. DBS SAFRA is a master debit, not visa debit.

Last edited by dlrowehtleah; 30-07-2016 at 05:30 PM..
dlrowehtleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2016, 04:34 PM   #6

i've a DBS SAFRA debit visa card, thing it qualifies for this. but can i safely say, the above is a never before condition? and the ultimate motive is to reduce the number of people queuing to withdraw cash. meaning if i typically withdraw cash that can last 3-4 days, now i need to carry at least 10 days worth of money?
Don't think it is valid for SAFRA, this seems to be specifically valid only for THE DBS Visa Debit card:

For the withdrawal part as long as you have more than one bank account should be no problem. There's nothing stopping you to transfer $$ from your DBS account to OCBC/UOB and then withdrawing multiple times from their ATMs.
Old 30-07-2016, 05:40 PM   #7

Don't think it is valid for SAFRA, this seems to be specifically valid only for THE DBS Visa Debit card:

For the withdrawal part as long as you have more than one bank account should be no problem. There's nothing stopping you to transfer $$ from your DBS account to OCBC/UOB and then withdrawing multiple times from their ATMs.
yes and i updated my post.

ever since i replaced the standard dbs atm (the above) with the safra one, i've shelved the card for a few years since. but thankfully, i managed to find it several mmt ago in my drawer. hopefully the payware thing is still working. the card expires in 7/18 though.

dbs is not my main driver so i won't have this problem as my salary is credited in to ocbc acct. only pity those regular users. unless they have multiple atm cards from dbs, otherwise they have to "Fast" transfer the money from one bank to another. kinda leichey.

just find the condition, how shall i put it, .... atypical!? (nothing right or wrong of course)
dlrowehtleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2016, 06:40 PM   #8

Is a promotion or an on-going rebate? anyone knows?
piyozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2016, 06:43 PM   #9

Is a promotion or an on-going rebate? anyone knows?
From 1 August 2016

Every month
Looks like on-going rebate to me. No promo end date for now.
Old 30-07-2016, 06:57 PM   #10

Just to confirm people with livefresh card, wont be taking this right. Until end Sept at least..
ice_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2016, 07:03 PM   #11

There's new sign up bonus as well:

http://www.dbs.com.sg/personal/promotion/dbs-visa-debit

Start using your new DBS Debit Card & get a S$10 shopping voucher with a minimum spend of S$100!
Old 30-07-2016, 09:06 PM   #12

Just to confirm people with livefresh card, wont be taking this right. Until end Sept at least..
Live fresh has minimum spending of 700 but DBS visa debit does not have any minimum spending.
iamalwaysin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2016, 11:56 PM   #13

Live fresh has minimum spending of 700 but DBS visa debit does not have any minimum spending.
Well, yes. But live fresh has 5% for online too but this debit card doesn't. Not to mention the 3x points.. I'm using live fresh as my main online card already so think will give this debit card a pass..

Ps. For those ppl who don't understand what I am talking about. Please go read the live fresh bank web site again before posting.

Last edited by ice_angel; 02-08-2016 at 11:26 AM..
ice_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2016, 12:43 AM   #14

Edit-duplicate

Last edited by gravityz3r0; 31-07-2016 at 12:49 AM..
gravityz3r0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2016, 12:46 AM   #15

I don't understand Why are people even comparing live and this card?

Live has min spending and only for online.

This one is paywave meaning you can tap at mcdonald for a few bucks and still get 5% no min spend. Live cant do this.

Both are useful for completely different situation.

So, why are people comparing again?
gravityz3r0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.