Debt Management Programme (DMP) by Credit Counselling Singapore (CCS)

iamnotlame

Reaction score
In my case, clearance session was on 14/6. CCS submitted proposal on 19/6. The next day, 20/6 UOB called to ask me to come down to sign letter of offer and to go to any UOB branches to open up account for the purpose of repayment.
Based on my case, UOB calls the next working day after they received the DMP proposal from CCS. Mine was submitted on a Friday, got a call from UOB the following Monday.

morningglory

Reaction score
Based on my case, UOB calls the next working day after they received the DMP proposal from CCS. Mine was submitted on a Friday, got a call from UOB the following Monday.

Just received letter from CCS saying my DMP proposal has been accepted by the banks. I am relieved beyond words! Good luck, guys! Better days coming ahead. Hang tough!

iamnotlame

Reaction score
Just received letter from CCS saying my DMP proposal has been accepted by the banks. I am relieved beyond words! Good luck, guys! Better days coming ahead. Hang tough!
Congratulations and goodluck! You are on your journey to a debt-free life.

money88

Reaction score
hi, may i know what is the email address of ccs to send the excel sheet for the 1st time MI payment??

kop2311987

Reaction score
May i know can we self negotiate with the bank rather den goin through ccs? Have outstanding for 2 banks but interest is too high.. any advice?

money88

Reaction score
May i know can we self negotiate with the bank rather den goin through ccs? Have outstanding for 2 banks but interest is too high.. any advice?

hi, u can call up the bank to negotiate for installment plan but u need to clear this month outstanding amount. After clearing outstanding amount, call the bank again and they will put up an installment plan (subject to approval) for u

kop2311987

Reaction score
hi, u can call up the bank to negotiate for installment plan but u need to clear this month outstanding amount. After clearing outstanding amount, call the bank again and they will put up an installment plan (subject to approval) for u

Hi noted thanks for the advice..

Proton4051

Reaction score
Hi bro..i have received letters from my creditors except DBS..is DBS take longer time to agree on the proposal?

morningglory

Reaction score
Hi bro..i have received letters from my creditors except DBS..is DBS take longer time to agree on the proposal?

I haven't heard from DBS either. Out of 4 banks, I have only heard from 2 banks. Today though, I noticed that my credit card account in DBS ibanking has disappeared. Only Cashline account is there. No idea what that means. Shall just wait to hear from them and if not, I shall pay according to CCS plan in the meantime. My first payment is 18/7 so there's still time.

money88

Reaction score
Hi all, just to check if the ccs clearance agree monthly amount is send to banks and waiting for bank approval to ccs, do I still need to pay min sum due for credit card while waiting for approval ??

coastisclear

Reaction score
Cashline account will remain & monthly statement generated as per normal until the sum is fully paid up. Just keep paying the sum proposed to all DBS accounts and they will be reflected in the statements. Everything is as per normal except interest rate is now 3% or whatever it is agreed for u.
I haven't heard from DBS either. Out of 4 banks, I have only heard from 2 banks. Today though, I noticed that my credit card account in DBS ibanking has disappeared. Only Cashline account is there. No idea what that means. Shall just wait to hear from them and if not, I shall pay according to CCS plan in the meantime. My first payment is 18/7 so there's still time.

coastisclear

Reaction score
Only pay the amount CCS is proposing for u. Paying more signals u hv the means.
Hi all, just to check if the ccs clearance agree monthly amount is send to banks and waiting for bank approval to ccs, do I still need to pay min sum due for credit card while waiting for approval ??

maddogkiller0

Reaction score
DBS

Out of all the banks, i can say DBS took the longest, damn unwilling and over the phone, the attitude also like bo char. Also, remember not to pay in the month you receive the pay if the month is previous of the month you need to pay. E.g. if your salary comes in on 25 June, do not do it until Jul, to make your payment as banks, esp DSB will consider it to be payment for June if you pay in June.

Last edited:

coastisclear

Reaction score
It depends on date statement is generated. But don't u pay by the date CCS drew up?
Out of all the banks, i can say DBS took the longest, damn unwilling and over the phone, the attitude also like bo char. Also, remember not to pay in the month you receive the pay if the month is previous of the month you need to pay. E.g. if your salary comes in on 25 June, do not do it until Jul, to make your payment as banks, esp DSB will consider it to be payment for June if you pay in June.

maddogkiller0

Reaction score
My one mostly is on the 18th, except for uob 8th, ocbc 1st. There was one month I pay in the same month I received my pay, May, for the 18th Jun payment. Stupid bank go and deduct the money the same day I put in the bank account and registered it as extra money for the May payment. I only found it out after they called me up on 17th Jun and said I haven't paid up yet

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.