HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

EZLink or NETS Flashpay with credit cards

Like Tree116Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #136
Master Member

unlike Singapore they don't have a single tap in tap out setup when using multiple lines. Some misleading info when getting to the airport too.
That's because, unlike to Singapore they have two metro systems, operated by two different companies, plus bunch of private ones. That in this condition you have just one card instead of one for each system is an accomplishment.

The map states "Domestic airlines" and "Int'l airlines" though it should state Domestic/Int'l destinations.
Now you are complaining about their ability to handle English? This whole matter is subject of running gag everywhere...

Worst problem are ATMs though. Nothing worked so had to leg it to the nearest Citi branch which was a few kms away.
Well, see the problem most (unsophisticated) international travelers are encountering that they (wrongly) assume (even subconsciously) that things in other places work similarly.

Wrong!

A 5 min time spent on wikitravel would explain this and other different stuff as well.

Haven't been to HK in decades so cannot comment.
Do next time.
invisible999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:08 PM   #137

That's because, unlike to Singapore they have two metro systems, operated by two different companies...
Wrong. Singapore MRT has two different operators as well. Do give wikipedia a look.

Now you are complaining about their ability to handle English? This whole matter is subject of running gag everywhere...
Just surprised that a misleading sign can stay up like this, especially as it pertains to the airport, so it's not some local sign in some obscure cafe pointing your way to the mens' room.

Well, see the problem most (unsophisticated) international travelers are encountering that they (wrongly) assume (even subconsciously) that things in other places work similarly.
I just assume things work. Period.

Getting back to Flashpay/EZ, you're about as likely to find a rubbish bin on a Tokyo street as you are a card that has both Flashpay and EZ-link wallets.
aster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:21 PM   #138
Master Member

Wrong. Singapore MRT has two different operators as well. Do give wikipedia a look.
Read carefully - 'two different metro systems'. In SIN, the MRT network is one, in TYO - there are bunch of them if you count JR East, Tokyo Metro, Toei, plus bunch of private railways - Keisei, Rinkai, Yurikamome, Keikyu and so on. Not only operators are different, network is different as well.

Just surprised that a misleading sign can stay up like this, especially as it pertains to the airport
This

is at NRT as well. Enjoy

Post 1965 Japanese governments spent 14B (Billion) dollars trying to teach local population speaking English, you see the result.

I just assume things work. Period.
Surpriiiiiiiiise!

Getting back to Flashpay/EZ, you're about as likely to find a rubbish bin on a Tokyo street as you are a card that has both Flashpay and EZ-link wallets.
Fair enough. And the same is applicable to attempt finding a bench at Singapore's parks as well.
Old 19-11-2013, 11:25 AM   #139

hi can I confirm:

if I'm using OCBC Frank, I can top up netFP, get 6% and use the netFP to shop at retail such as Fairprice, etc who accept netFP?

thanks
sheldoncooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #140
Banned

hi can I confirm:

if I'm using OCBC Frank, I can top up netFP, get 6% and use the netFP to shop at retail such as Fairprice, etc who accept netFP?

thanks
Yes confirmed can, read more of my posting in Frank Card thread
wts2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2013, 12:06 PM   #141
Featured Sponsor for Money Mind, EDMW

hi can I confirm:

thanks
Hi there. The 6% cash rebate is only applicable for the auto top up feature if you have a minimum of S$500 posted to your card for the month. The 6% cash rebate is not applicable if you manually top up the NETS flashpay feature. Yes, you will be able to utilise the card to make payment at retail merchants which accept NETS flashpay as a mode of payment if there is funds top up in the NETS flashpay. Thank you!

^Eric
For OCBC Bank

OCBC Bank: Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
OCBC Bank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2013, 10:46 PM   #142

How do I check nets flashpay balance for my frank card
tyroe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2013, 12:10 AM   #143

I registered myNets account but not able to see flashPay options from the left panel. Hence i cannot set up auto reload functions. any idea?
TribleBoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2013, 08:11 PM   #144
Master Member

Top and Tap is down again....
Old 21-11-2013, 09:20 PM   #145
Master Member

OK, went to AXS station to top up Ezlink for $5 (until they fix Top and Tap). During the process there was an option to top up with DBS credit card, however it asked for a pin.

Did anyone done this? I suspect that in this case it would be considered as cash advance and I'd rather stay safe topping up from the current account.
Old 22-11-2013, 09:48 AM   #146

Top and Tap is down again....
I did at 1am this morning was ok.
zjjx1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2013, 10:30 AM   #147
Master Member

I did at 1am this morning was ok.
Affirmative. But you have no idea when it will work and when - won't.

Heck, systems in my lab have higher uptime than this one...
Old 22-11-2013, 10:30 AM   #148
Master Member

OK, went to AXS station to top up Ezlink for $5 (until they fix Top and Tap). During the process there was an option to top up with DBS credit card, however it asked for a pin.

Did anyone done this? I suspect that in this case it would be considered as cash advance and I'd rather stay safe topping up from the current account.
Any comments/thoughts on this?
Old 24-11-2013, 03:08 PM   #149

Nope, a few months ago, they added flashpay option.
When you walk across the bridge to Sentosa you still cannot pay using Flashpay. Only EZ-link is accepted at the entrance gates.
aster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2013, 06:17 PM   #150
Master Member

When you walk across the bridge to Sentosa you still cannot pay using Flashpay. Only EZ-link is accepted at the entrance gates.
& @Pinnacles @ duxton.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.