HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

EZLink or NETS Flashpay with credit cards

Like Tree116Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-11-2017, 12:08 AM   #1516

If any bank gives a rebate against EZ-link ATU, I would get that without a...third thought.

Any ideas?
Would u consider citibank SMRT for ezlink ATU? Waived $0.25 service charge. 1.7% for ATU amount > $30, additional 0.3% if total spend > $300 per bill cycle.
vddgnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2017, 12:18 AM   #1517
Arch-Supremacy Member

Actually, my NFP has been misplaced since Jun. I read the same T&C then & thot all was lost.

Recently, I called NETS on a separate matter & thought just ask. The CSO simply said she will deactivate the NFP, send me the refund form via email, submit for their process ... yes it was a relief. You need to know the CAN number for the form.
Glad it worked out for you. Then again I am a bit skeptical now that the CSO will allow the refund next time I lose a nfp card, they can choose to follow the FAQ and not allow refund.
Trazora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:09 PM   #1518
Supremacy Member

If I top up my ezlink card at the MRT top up machine using credit card, will I be charged any fee, like the 25c for ATU?

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT
revhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:27 PM   #1519
Master Member

If I top up my ezlink card at the MRT top up machine using credit card, will I be charged any fee, like the 25c for ATU?

No fee since its a "manual" top up.
crystalnox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 11:05 PM   #1520
Supremacy Member

No fee since its a "manual" top up.
Thanks. This is brilliant way to satisfy minimum spend for credit cards then.

Old 05-12-2017, 09:33 PM   #1521
Master Member

Thanks. This is brilliant way to satisfy minimum spend for credit cards then.

Most cards exclude TRANSITLINK in their spending calculations though.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:50 AM   #1522
Supremacy Member

Most cards exclude TRANSITLINK in their spending calculations though.
I think this is for the rebate calculation. For for fulfilling minimum spend, everything is included other than fees.

I just applied for HSBC card and need to hit 600 to get 120 cash back as new card application promo.

Yesterday I managed to charge 100 on my ezlink card using HSBC card at MRT.

Old 07-12-2017, 12:35 AM   #1523

I think this is for the rebate calculation. For for fulfilling minimum spend, everything is included other than fees.

I just applied for HSBC card and need to hit 600 to get 120 cash back as new card application promo.

Managed to charge doesn't necessarily mean it will count to the $600 spend requirement. You may want to check that particular card's promotion terms and conditions.
juelim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 01:35 PM   #1524
High Supremacy Member

not sure if this has been as before.

Lets say my posb everyday card expire, bank issue a new credit card.
I assume i need to reapply for the ezlink auto-topup again.

How about the old card? how do i seek a refund of the remaining amount in the card? or transfer balance?

Secondly, since there are so many credits card with EZLink or NETS Flashpay function. Which credit card would you guys recommand for daily commute?
lewist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 03:21 PM   #1525
Arch-Supremacy Member

How about the old card? how do i seek a refund of the remaining amount in the card? or transfer balance?

Secondly, since there are so many credits card with EZLink or NETS Flashpay function. Which credit card would you guys recommand for daily commute?
1) http://www.ezlink.com.sg/ez-reload-by-card-faqs

Q12: My bank has renewed my credit card number/ I have changed my credit card number. How do I inform EZ-Link? What are the procedures?
If there is a change of your credit card number due to card upgrade or replacement of a lost card, you will need to deactivate the Auto Credit Card top-up facility immediately and reapply. Deactivation can be done at any TransitLink Ticket Office with your NRIC/Passport and your ez-link card(s). Please allow at least 7 working days for your account to be updated before reapplication.

Please note that if you have performed one of the transactions below in the past four days, you will not be able to deactivate the EZ-Reload facility. Please wait for another 7 days for your account to be updated, before you deactivate the facility.

Activation of the EZ-Reload facility
Auto Top-up
Settlement of outstanding amount

2) http://www.ezlink.com.sg/refund-your-ez-link-card

3) boc family for 5% on 4x $50 nets flashpay auto top up, if you can clock min $500 monthly.
Trazora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 03:48 PM   #1526
Master Member

Go to the transit link office to deactivate giro on the old card, 10 days later can bring the card back for a cash refund of the remaining value or transfer out to new card. New card go apply for ezreload as new application anytime.
Old 08-12-2017, 03:51 PM   #1527

My BoC family card got double ATU deduction from Credit card, but only 50 dollar was credited into Flashpay.

Anyone encountered similar problem before?

Call NETS Flashpay?
fr33d0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:03 PM   #1528

Yes please call NETS hotline to investigate.

My BoC family card got double ATU deduction from Credit card, but only 50 dollar was credited into Flashpay.

Anyone encountered similar problem before?

Call NETS Flashpay?
endofworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 10:46 PM   #1529

I asked this question before, the reply was "EZ-Link, Transitlink or NETS Flashpay will be included qualifying transctions. HOWEVER, please note that it is NOT AN ELIGIBLE TRANSACTIONS for the monthly cash rebate."

So can use it to meet the $600 for the signup gift.
vddgnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2017, 07:50 PM   #1530

Need help on 2 questions:
1) i have been using EZ-Link card in my IU for carpark fees. In some old carpark, they don’t accept EZ-Link so I have to use a physical cashcard. I have recently gotten nets FlashPay on my BOC credit card. Can this FlashPay card now replace the old cashcard for those old car parks?

2) I read in previous posts that BOC Family card will impose $0.5 service fee for ATU??? Is this right? I tot the first 4 ATU are free for BOC card?

Thanks so much in advance!
hygge island is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.