HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

EZLink or NETS Flashpay with credit cards

Like Tree116Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-11-2013, 11:01 PM   #151
Master Member

EZlink card topup at AXS station using DBS credit cards

OK, went to AXS station to top up Ezlink for $5 (until they fix Top and Tap). During the process there was an option to top up with DBS credit card, however it asked for a pin.

Did anyone done this? I suspect that in this case it would be considered as cash advance and I'd rather stay safe topping up from the current account.
Got reply from DBS via message from their iBANKING. I am copy/pasting it here for everyone's consideration:

Dear Customer Support,

I have one question regarding EZLink card top up option at AXS station. One of the options offered is to use DBS credit card for top up.

However the process also involves entering PIN number. Will such a transaction be treated as cash advance by the DBS bank?

Thanks,
Thank you for your email on 21 November 2013.

I am Nina and I understand that you are enquiring on EZLink card top-up.

Please allow me to confirm that EZLink transactions on AXS machines using DBS/POSB Credit cards are not considered as cash advance.

I hope I have addressed your concerns completely. Should you require any other assistance, please email us or call our 24 hour Customer Service hotline 1800 111 1111 or +65 6327 2265 (if overseas).

Have a good day and thank you for banking with DBS.

Yours sincerely

Stiarnina Rahim
Customer Service Officer
Customer Centre
DBS Bank

Allow us to help you with your general banking concerns. Tweet us @dbsbank http://www.twitter.com/dbsbank. It's our pleasure to assist you.
Emphasis on bold above is mine.

Who is going to try it first?
invisible999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2013, 12:03 AM   #152
Arch-Supremacy Member

is top n tap down ? keep decline leh

Error Message : TRANSACTION FAILED - PAYMENT AUTHORIZATION DECLINED. This transaction was not approved because the bank has not authorized the payment. Message reference #9216

Last edited by sneggg; 28-11-2013 at 12:16 AM..
sneggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:56 PM   #153

try this. I just tried and it works.

Top Up Your EZ-Link Cards with My EZ-Link Mobile App for Selected NFC Smartphones - HardwareZone.com.sg
spearhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:06 PM   #154
Master Member

Anybody has experience if topping up via this method earns 10x points on DBS Woman's card? I'm worried cause payment is via a mobile app which the merchant or payment processing method could be not considered "online" hence may not earn 10x.

I've experienced buying SIA tickets using their mobile app but did not earn 10x points on the DBS Woman's card due to the merchant restriction.
lcpteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:21 PM   #155

Anybody has experience if topping up via this method earns 10x points on DBS Woman's card? I'm worried cause payment is via a mobile app which the merchant or payment processing method could be not considered "online" hence may not earn 10x.

I've experienced buying SIA tickets using their mobile app but did not earn 10x points on the DBS Woman's card due to the merchant restriction.
Your guess is as good as mine! Apps just launched 5 Dec!

btw spearhawk - which cc u used?

Last edited by frustrateddude; 06-12-2013 at 05:27 PM..
frustrateddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:15 PM   #156

just spoke to CSO, they don't consider it as online transaction. Right now its her words versus experience.

Whois willing to be the first guinea pig?
lcpteck likes this.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:01 PM   #157

anyway to quickly bypass the birthday screen on the ezlink app? It's so tedious to select the year, then the month, then the date - by scrolling up the long calendar.

also, anyone using any autofill app to quickly fill in the credit card details for multiple top-ups in quick succession?
ihuazai2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:55 PM   #158

anyway to quickly bypass the birthday screen on the ezlink app? It's so tedious to select the year, then the month, then the date - by scrolling up the long calendar.

also, anyone using any autofill app to quickly fill in the credit card details for multiple top-ups in quick succession?
tap on the year then u can scroll to the appropriate year lor? less than 1min to select dob leh..

so far I scan passion card, ezlink card, only my Everyday card is recognised (on Nexus 5)..
Old 07-12-2013, 09:49 PM   #159
Arch-Supremacy Member

tap on the year then u can scroll to the appropriate year lor? less than 1min to select dob leh..

so far I scan passion card, ezlink card, only my Everyday card is recognised (on Nexus 5)..
Local ezlink card does not comply to the latest NFC standard so newer phone NFC will likely not work on them.
hwmook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:55 PM   #160
Master Member

I am using Note 3. Tried normal ezlink card. Cannot detect. Only my Imagine cards and POSB Everyday card can be recognised.
bigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2013, 05:23 PM   #161
Master Member

Some transactions are missing from ezlinkactivate website

subj. Happened second times already in one month period. Seems there is some kind of bug because this time too two days are missing - Dec 5-6 from the reported transactions.
invisible999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2013, 08:21 AM   #162

Anyone know whether the FlashPay auto reload functions work?

I login MyNets website, there is no option to set up the auto top up function.

TIA
TribleBoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2013, 09:49 AM   #163
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone know whether the FlashPay auto reload functions work?

I login MyNets website, there is no option to set up the auto top up function.

TIA
Already mentioned before, it simply doesn't work. NETS sux big time.
hwmook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2013, 10:31 AM   #164
Honorary Member

is top and tap down?
Old 17-12-2013, 10:37 AM   #165
Master Member

is top and tap down?
Just try again alter.
lcpteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.