GrabPay - cards for it and where it is accepted

SBC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
While GrabPay is loosing traction, other providers are not picking up this space.

V disappointing of SG mobile payment providers.

t2r3st

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i use the Grab App to take grab quite often... can i use shop back for this purpose?
That was around in March 2018. They have ceased cashback for Grab via shopback for quite awhile now.

iiippp

Reaction score
My GP accepts grab pay so its easy to hit it 😬 ole town also accept grab pay

bladez87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
While GrabPay is loosing traction, other providers are not picking up this space.

V disappointing of SG mobile payment providers.

Why u think grabpay losing traction? So many merchants accepting grabpay...I am wondering what is their payment fee being charged to merchant. 3%?

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score
Sorry, the SCB's 15% Grab rebate promtion only started on Aug 1 and based on tnc, the earilest cashback would be on Sep.28, right?

then how to be "Tested and confirmed"?

he is referring to the previous campaign before august.

anyways SCB has callback to confirmed also.

boiboi123

Reaction score
Think it's 0% now, have a couple of friends who have GrabPay in their business

Why u think grabpay losing traction? So many merchants accepting grabpay...I am wondering what is their payment fee being charged to merchant. 3%?

kashanai

Reaction score
The August cash back was already credited a few days ago for my account

Sorry, the SCB's 15% Grab rebate promtion only started on Aug 1 and based on tnc, the earilest cashback would be on Sep.28, right?

haydentan

Reaction score

Do u know it was 20% rebate and capped at $50 for Grab after Uber left the market? They reduced the rebate and capped amount lately.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
It’s like the private hire business. When there’s other players, they can offer prices at cut throat levels. Once competition is reduced, up is the only way to go.

While I don’t think they’ll raise their fees above Visa/MC. Maybe around 0.5-1% at most since many consumers here are already using Grab.

Think it's 0% now, have a couple of friends who have GrabPay in their business

nekoarc

Reaction score
Theres no way to transfer back to bank account for unuse balance right?
Not sure if newspaper is bullsh!tting or not, but inter-op and cashing out are in the pipeline. The moment this happens, all the freebies and discounts e-wallets will provide will go down the drain.
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/interbank-system-fast-to-be-linked-to-e-payment-scene said:
... this will change with the opening up of Singapore's interbank instant fund transfer system, dubbed Fast, to non-banks such as GrabPay and Singtel Dash.
... In this way, an e-wallet can be topped up from any bank account and its value cashed out into any bank account, Mr Ong said

fr33d0m

Master Member
Reaction score
Think by end of the year or earlier next year, all credit cards will differentiate between grab rides and grab topup.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.