HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

history lesson : DBS merged with POSB even without the President approval

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-05-2018, 09:10 PM   #1
Arch-Supremacy Member

Eventually then, with the list of properties and the executive summaries, you were kept informed?
I wouldn't be able to say that. Even in my last year as president, I was still not being informed about some ministerial procedures. For example, in April last year, the government said it would allow the sale of the Post Office Savings Bank POSB to DBS Bank. In the past, when there was no elected president, they could just proceed with this kind of thing. But when there is an elected president you cannot, because the POSB is a statutory board whose reserves are to be protected by the president. You cannot just announce this without informing him. But I came to know of it from the newspaper. That is not quite right. Not only that, but they were even going to submit a bill to parliament for this sale and to dissolve the POSB without first informing me.

Hooligan act from DBS and the current government ! lets not forget this outrageous act from Lee Hsien Loong
chercm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2018, 09:26 PM   #2
High Supremacy Member

I think you posted this thread in the wrong subforum. More suited for political/current affairs or ya know, edmw.
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.