HSBC Revolution Credit Card

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
online SGD transactions and local dining for 2 miles/dollar accrual.

chongpang

Reaction score
This card is good for online spending after SingPost card $60 cashback is max out. ;)

juelim

Reaction score
Anyone managed to get the 12% cash rebate from the HSBC credit cards' "It's a Big Deal" promotion?

Does insurance payment made online count?

sgdividends

Reaction score
HSBC is officially the worst card ever, I just called to enquire about a new card and they assumed I wanted the new card and deleted existing cards and ALL existing points !!!! Crazy...

MaoZeDuo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
HSBC is officially the worst card ever, I just called to enquire about a new card and they assumed I wanted the new card and deleted existing cards and ALL existing points !!!! Crazy...

heard they have lousy cust svc but ur case is :s22:

sgdividends

Reaction score
heard they have lousy cust svc but ur case is :s22:

Ok it's because my card expire this month and the new card with the same number is not activated , so they erase the account till I activate ( subtly forcing me to activate the new card )..

Points and cashback still there..

Seriously, no other banks does this...Bloody irritating

marcho21

Master Member
Reaction score
Ok it's because my card expire this month and the new card with the same number is not activated , so they erase the account till I activate ( subtly forcing me to activate the new card )..

u should not have paid your bills.

mksing

Reaction score

HSBC is like that only. I became so frustrated that I closed all my accounts and moved on.

Their CSO like: sir we understand, but we can't do anything, as this is the banks business process :(

kelvinkezz

Reaction score
Anyone knows if monthly recurring payments for gum (i.e fitness first) is classified as a online spend for revolution card?

eosfoto

Reaction score
I applied for this card during a recent promo - Sign up online to get $20 cashback

However the bank now calls to tell me that HSBC's Marketing team is refusing to give the $20 for the sign up online as i did not tick to agree to receive their direct-marketing

There was No mention that we have to tick this option to receive the $20, as it previously mention that the cashback was for online sign up and did not mention that applicants have to tick that box in the Letter of Instruction

Anyone else encounter this?

vince123123

Reaction score
From HSBC website:

S$120 cash back# or HSBC's Gold Class Movie Card# (worth S$138) for new customers
or S$50 cash back+ for existing customers
+ S$20 cash back with supplementary card sign up
+ S$20 cash back^ (Online sign up exclusive)

* Not applicable to customers who have cancelled any HSBC credit card within the last 12 months. To qualify, charge a minimum of S$600 in Qualifying Transactions within a month of Card Account Opening Date. Other terms and conditions apply. # Must not hold any existing HSBC credit card. + Existing HSBC credit card must be issued more than 24 months earlier. ^ Full supporting documents must be uploaded. The customer must also consent to receive direct marketing and promotional materials from HSBC by indicating on the Letter of Instruction.

I applied for this card during a recent promo - Sign up online to get $20 cashback

However the bank now calls to tell me that HSBC's Marketing team is refusing to give the $20 for the sign up online as i did not tick to agree to receive their direct-marketing

There was No mention that we have to tick this option to receive the $20, as it previously mention that the cashback was for online sign up and did not mention that applicants have to tick that box in the Letter of Instruction

Anyone else encounter this?

eosfoto

Reaction score
From HSBC website:

S$120 cash back# or HSBC's Gold Class Movie Card# (worth S$138) for new customers
or S$50 cash back+ for existing customers
+ S$20 cash back with supplementary card sign up
+ S$20 cash back^ (Online sign up exclusive)

* Not applicable to customers who have cancelled any HSBC credit card within the last 12 months. To qualify, charge a minimum of S$600 in Qualifying Transactions within a month of Card Account Opening Date. Other terms and conditions apply. # Must not hold any existing HSBC credit card. + Existing HSBC credit card must be issued more than 24 months earlier. ^ Full supporting documents must be uploaded. The customer must also consent to receive direct marketing and promotional materials from HSBC by indicating on the Letter of Instruction.

wa , when they added this clause in? It wasn't there last time when i read that page and it was not mentioned in the letter of instruction they provided

At that time also dun have "...or HSBC's Gold Class Movie Card", they have updated the infomation on that page since my application earlier this year

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.