HSBC Visa Infinite card

Suleyman

Reaction score
Hmmm HHonors and PC... now how do you choose between the two? =:p

Actually, the decision largely lies with where you travel and which hotels are available there.

All things being equal, you can refer to this blogpost for a good comparison of the various advantages of each program (obviously this is a US-based post so all those 'shortcuts' mentioned through using hotel co-branded credit cards don't apply to us. :().

tycosiao

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually, the decision largely lies with where you travel and which hotels are available there.

All things being equal, you can refer to this blogpost for a good comparison of the various advantages of each program (obviously this is a US-based post so all those 'shortcuts' mentioned through using hotel co-branded credit cards don't apply to us. :().

Hhonors gold gives you more tangible benefits during stays. (upgrades, lounge and breakfast)
PC Plat gives you good earn and burn ratio. As for benefits, it's a hit or miss.

aardy1

Reaction score

Thanks guys. Checked out a few cities and it seems that Hilton is a better fit :)

Btw, with the VI upgrade to gold, do we need to maintain the HH Gold status?

coppee

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Checked out a few cities and it seems that Hilton is a better fit :)

Btw, with the VI upgrade to gold, do we need to maintain the HH Gold status?

The membership is for 1 year i think.

I think you need to hit their target in terms of no. of stays or no. of nights, otherwise after a year you'll get bumped down to silver. One more thing, u're also required to stay at least once in a certain interval or else ur membership will expire and all points forfeited. That's what happened to me...

PC points do not expire. You can stop staying for 5 years and go back and your membership will still be there (although you'll get bumped down to the lowest membership level by then)

ngensys2000

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine not even hitting 60k p.a., but still get the invite, why is that?

Last edited:

lufu

Master Member
Reaction score
Mine not even hitting 60k p.a., but still get the invite, why is that?

Marketing are the people who sent out invitations and ultimately credit approval will be the ones reviewing and Approving the card application

Aleksandr

Master Member
Reaction score
Quick summary of the main questions on the benefits that I prepared after reading through the thread again:

- JetQuay - to use, call HSBC in advance, up to 2 people travelling with cardholder. Additional perks - 10 days free parking, staff will help buy DFS if necessary.
- Limo - only one way, outbound, 12mn - 6am will incur additional $12 surcharge. Can also book for family up to 4.
- Priority pass - unlimited use, but guests will be $30 per head. Supp card holder will get a PP card as well.
- Fast track immigration - call HSBC in advance to arrange.

Anything I missed?

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Come on, my colleagues didnt receive any calls too. they are busy approving the cards...These days, they approved it pretty fast :). I just provided first hand information to you ya. You should receive your card soon.

Not everybody gets the approval.... you are definitely their targetted customer :).

Thanks again

Just gotten the card today...

Also has "Founding Member" on it...hahah

GenuineSeller

Reaction score
The membership is for 1 year i think.

I think you need to hit their target in terms of no. of stays or no. of nights, otherwise after a year you'll get bumped down to silver. One more thing, u're also required to stay at least once in a certain interval or else ur membership will expire and all points forfeited. That's what happened to me...

PC points do not expire. You can stop staying for 5 years and go back and your membership will still be there (although you'll get bumped down to the lowest membership level by then)

THats' right.

HHonors - Easy and fast to get enough pts for a free redemption with Double points...

SPG - Many promotions, like 3 stays, 1 free night etc. But points accummulation takes a while.

PC - Points do not expire. Not as many promotion as SPG, as in no free stay promotion. Not difficult to get Platinum status, you can even get it by transferring points from Credit Card to PC.

GenuineSeller

Reaction score
Promotion ended....need to wait to see if HSBC continues with the referral programme.

I received a number of PM asking for my NRIC, Name etc. Please be informed that I will not provide personal information via forums. Majority of them just PMed me with their name and contact number for HSBC to call them. All got approved without issue, unless income didnt meet requirement.

hclee01

Master Member
Reaction score
Seems like the referral promotion is still around:
https://www.apps.asiapacific.hsbc.c...d_init&hidden.srccode=&hidden.type=VI_landing

*Terms and conditions of HSBC Visa Infinite Credit Card Referral Programme 2012
(1)The HSBC Visa Infinite Credit Card Referral Programme (the "Programme") is valid from now to 31 March 2012, unless otherwise specified.
(2) HSBC Visa Infinite cardholders will receive the 5,000 HSBC Rewards points for every friend/family ("Referee") that they have referred to the Bank and whose application for HSBC Visa Infinite credit card has been successfully approved. With 3 or more successful approved applications, the referral will receive a one time bonus of 15,000 HSBC Rewards points.
(3) The referral is considered successful when the Referee completes and submits the application by 30 April 2012 and the application is approved by 31 May 2012.
(4) If more than one referrer introduces the same person whose HSBC Visa Infinite credit card has been successfully approved, only the first eligible referrer who sends in the referral form will be entitled to receive the 5,000 Rewards points.
(5) The referrer shall consent to HSBC disclosing his/her name to the Referee whom he/she had referred.
(6) Referrers cannot refer themselves for the Programme.
(7) There is no restriction to the number of referrals as long as all applications submitted fulfill the terms and conditions of this Programme.
(8) HSBC has the right to exclude anyone from this Programme in its absolute discretion. Rewards points will be credited to the referrer's main card account by 15 June 2012.
(9) HSBC is not a supplier of the products or services redeemed under the vouchers and will not accept any liability in relation thereto.
(10) HSBC's decision on all matters relating to this Programme, including without limitation on the time of receipt of the referral form and application forms by HSBC is final and no appeal or correspondence will be entertained.
(11) HSBC reserves the right in its absolute discretion to vary, delete or add to any of these terms and conditions of this Programme or change or withdraw the Programme at any time without giving any reason or prior notice. In case of any dispute, the Bank's decision is final.

GenuineSeller

Reaction score
Seems like the referral promotion is still around:
https://www.apps.asiapacific.hsbc.c...d_init&hidden.srccode=&hidden.type=VI_landing

*Terms and conditions of HSBC Visa Infinite Credit Card Referral Programme 2012
(1)The HSBC Visa Infinite Credit Card Referral Programme (the "Programme") is valid from now to 31 March 2012, unless otherwise specified.
(2) HSBC Visa Infinite cardholders will receive the 5,000 HSBC Rewards points for every friend/family ("Referee") that they have referred to the Bank and whose application for HSBC Visa Infinite credit card has been successfully approved. With 3 or more successful approved applications, the referral will receive a one time bonus of 15,000 HSBC Rewards points.
(3) The referral is considered successful when the Referee completes and submits the application by 30 April 2012 and the application is approved by 31 May 2012.
(4) If more than one referrer introduces the same person whose HSBC Visa Infinite credit card has been successfully approved, only the first eligible referrer who sends in the referral form will be entitled to receive the 5,000 Rewards points.
(5) The referrer shall consent to HSBC disclosing his/her name to the Referee whom he/she had referred.
(6) Referrers cannot refer themselves for the Programme.
(7) There is no restriction to the number of referrals as long as all applications submitted fulfill the terms and conditions of this Programme.
(8) HSBC has the right to exclude anyone from this Programme in its absolute discretion. Rewards points will be credited to the referrer's main card account by 15 June 2012.
(9) HSBC is not a supplier of the products or services redeemed under the vouchers and will not accept any liability in relation thereto.
(10) HSBC's decision on all matters relating to this Programme, including without limitation on the time of receipt of the referral form and application forms by HSBC is final and no appeal or correspondence will be entertained.
(11) HSBC reserves the right in its absolute discretion to vary, delete or add to any of these terms and conditions of this Programme or change or withdraw the Programme at any time without giving any reason or prior notice. In case of any dispute, the Bank's decision is final.

Looks good ;)

greddy88

Reaction score
have received the card :D
one thing i noticed in the 'exclusive' rebates & rewards.
caltex:
15% savings at caltex service stations (earn additional rebates on top of prevailing site and hsbc's petrol discounts)

so.. 15% + the site petrol discounts HSBC Caltex...
means what, 15% on top of existing discount that is already 18%?

anyone can advice?
if it is true, woohooo! :s12:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.