HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

HSBC Visa Infinite card

Like Tree180Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-10-2011, 09:51 AM   #31
Supremacy Member

Or perhaps you might want to ask them if you could sign up for another card first (those with free annual fee waiver) and once that is approved, you sign up for the Visa Infinite card @ $248? Alternatively, straight away ask for $248. lol.
That's an idea but I would think they would require me to plonk in an amount of $ in HSBC, which I am not entirely receptive to.
Old 20-10-2011, 10:33 AM   #32
Arch-Supremacy Member

What extra benefits compared to SCB Infinite?
limpoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2011, 10:38 AM   #33
Supremacy Member

What extra benefits compared to SCB Infinite?
Jetquay, fast track immigration, more miles per $ spent. Honestly SCB infinite is not very useful. I keep it for the unlimited priority pass visits, that's about it. Don't even use it at all.
Old 20-10-2011, 12:58 PM   #34
Arch-Supremacy Member

Jetquay, fast track immigration, more miles per $ spent. Honestly SCB infinite is not very useful. I keep it for the unlimited priority pass visits, that's about it. Don't even use it at all.
Yup SCB infinite sucks, other than unlimited entry PP nothing else worth mentioning and the reward points are not rewarding at all.

But HSBC infinite is not cheap and useful unless you travel a lot, any free entry to clubs in Singapore?
limpoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2011, 01:08 PM   #35

Last time Visa Platinum required $250k income. Now only require $30k.

In a few years time, Visa Infinite probably require only $30k like Visa Plat, haha.

Given Gold Prices, I think they will next relaunch Visa Gold as the most prestigious credit card.....
Well Visa Signature is already S$30k

I don't understand why they give out privileges when the card users most likely won't need/use them. Most frequent travelers would have status with their airline program, usable across the airline alliance and partners, which already gives lounge access and fasttrack immigration at some airports (and something that's not needed at the highly efficient Changi Airport).
Well some well heeled don't travel much. But now with this card, it'd be wonderful

Just got a call from HSBC. Annual fee payable is $488 but you get the tablet or 30k miles. Your supp card(s) gets a priority pass as well. Min income required is 120k.
Now that's a plus. Supp Cards get PP too
Old 20-10-2011, 01:12 PM   #36

Yup SCB infinite sucks, other than unlimited entry PP nothing else worth mentioning and the reward points are not rewarding at all.

But HSBC infinite is not cheap and useful unless you travel a lot, any free entry to clubs in Singapore?
Free Entry to clubs...
Try an Amex Platinum CC...
Free entry to Avalon.
Old 20-10-2011, 01:57 PM   #37

Airfares are so cheap these days (its the fuel surcharge thats the killer), 30k miles isn't what it used to be, unless you are gonna use them exclusively for upgrades...

Anyway there are other cards that give you more miles for less, $488 is quite for a rip off imo.
Wah. Which other cards give more miles for less? Share share. Thanks.
continuum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2011, 06:20 PM   #38
Master Member

Wah. Which other cards give more miles for less? Share share. Thanks.
There are many ways to get free miles.

DBS altitude gives you 10k miles free if you charge at least 25k to the card per annum. Amex krisflyer card gives you 5k miles when you charge it for the first time, first year membership is free.
d5dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2011, 06:21 PM   #39
Master Member

SCB VI is free first year, this card must pay 488 right from the start *faintz*. I think HSBC is trying to earn from the card fee but they are targeting the wrong consumer group, most people who earn 120k p.a will not want to pay 488 for a cc. Maybe for cards like ultima it will be easier.

Last edited by d5dude; 20-10-2011 at 06:24 PM..
Old 20-10-2011, 11:26 PM   #40

I am not an existing cardholder. I do have a mortgage with them though. It's a no brainer at 248. The tablet should cost more than that and the rewards points should give more than that amount of vouchers
epigram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2011, 11:51 PM   #41
Supremacy Member

There are many ways to get free miles.

DBS altitude gives you 10k miles free if you charge at least 25k to the card per annum. Amex krisflyer card gives you 5k miles when you charge it for the first time, first year membership is free.
Sorry but would you have the link where DBS would give you 10k miles free if you spent 25k/year? Because from what I read, it says if you spend less than 25k/yr, you have to pay the annual fee of $180 and in return you will get the 10k miles.

http://www.dbs.com/sg/personal/cards...fault.aspx#tnc

Thanks
Old 20-10-2011, 11:55 PM   #42
Supremacy Member

SCB VI is free first year, this card must pay 488 right from the start *faintz*. I think HSBC is trying to earn from the card fee but they are targeting the wrong consumer group, most people who earn 120k p.a will not want to pay 488 for a cc. Maybe for cards like ultima it will be easier.
SCB can call to waive every year but problem is it's not very useful. You get 1 mile per dollar spent. That's pathetic. If you do the miles vs annual fee calculation for the HSBC visa infinite, it would work out to be $16.27 per 1000 miles, which is definitely better than the DBS altitude's $18 per 1000 miles.

ps: Ultima is a totally different ballgame. The annual fee is $3888 and you need to have 5 million bucks with them or an annual salary of 350k.
Old 21-10-2011, 12:28 AM   #43

Sorry but would you have the link where DBS would give you 10k miles free if you spent 25k/year? Because from what I read, it says if you spend less than 25k/yr, you have to pay the annual fee of $180 and in return you will get the 10k miles.

http://www.dbs.com/sg/personal/cards...fault.aspx#tnc

Thanks
10,000 = $180
30,000 = 3 years x $180 = $540

Having said that, DBS Altitude is still my number 1 favourite card because it gives the most miles per dollar on local spending. HSBC Visa Infinite only gives 1 mile per S$1 for local spending unless you hit $75,000 during the first year.

Found the list of cards ranked by most miles per dollar: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...er-thread.html

Last edited by continuum; 21-10-2011 at 12:37 AM..
continuum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2011, 10:44 AM   #44
Supremacy Member

10,000 = $180
30,000 = 3 years x $180 = $540

Having said that, DBS Altitude is still my number 1 favourite card because it gives the most miles per dollar on local spending. HSBC Visa Infinite only gives 1 mile per S$1 for local spending unless you hit $75,000 during the first year.

Found the list of cards ranked by most miles per dollar: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...er-thread.html
I didn't know that HSBC only gave 1 mile per $1 for local spend. Any source where I can read up? Thanks!
Old 21-10-2011, 11:10 AM   #45
Master Member

SCB can call to waive every year but problem is it's not very useful. You get 1 mile per dollar spent. That's pathetic. If you do the miles vs annual fee calculation for the HSBC visa infinite, it would work out to be $16.27 per 1000 miles, which is definitely better than the DBS altitude's $18 per 1000 miles.

ps: Ultima is a totally different ballgame. The annual fee is $3888 and you need to have 5 million bucks with them or an annual salary of 350k.
Well according to continuum, HSBC VI is just as useless because you get 1 mile per dollar spent too. So both cards are just as bad, but one of them is free...
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.