HSBC Visa Infinite card

continuum

Reaction score
http://plushasia.com/media_photo/14743

83872.jpg
Some time back, HSBC conducted a survey to their Elite Traveller card customers about a "travel card" (at that time I thought it was just a survey about the Elite Traveller card itself). Participants were asked to choose from a few designs. This is one of them.

TopGun

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I am very new to the airmile thingie.

What is 30,000 airmiles worth? As a rough proxy, a ticket to? $$ value?

continuum

Reaction score
Currently, SQ gives 15% discount for online miles redemption. Remember to factor in taxes as well, which can be shockingly expensive sometimes.

Inix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LOCAL SPENDING $1 - 1 MILE
OVERSEAS SPENDING $1 - 2 MILES

INCREASE OF MILES BASED ON SPENDING OF FIRST YEAR (50K OR 75K). THE RM TOLD ME WHEN I WAS AT THE BRANCH.

:D
I am more curious about how they define overseas spending. As in foreign spending denominated in SGD would be counted as local or foreign?

dragoncloud

Reaction score
Just like to check... anybody here indicated interest with regards to the Visa Infinity and have yet to receive a call from the CSO ?

Inix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just like to check... anybody here indicated interest with regards to the Visa Infinity and have yet to receive a call from the CSO ?
Me. Apparently they are now ultra busy as there is hell lot of interest

hclee01

Master Member
Reaction score
Me. Apparently they are now ultra busy as there is hell lot of interest

Same here. Sent an email last week and they say that a rep will contact me and I didnt hear from them since.

dragoncloud

Reaction score
haha yeap called them over the weekend and nobody got back to me... the hotline reps know nuts... LOL

Inix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OK. Someone just called me and will send me the forms later. If any of you guys wants, it PM me. You will need your NOA if you are an existing customer. Otherwise, NOA + NRIC if I'm not wrong.

And yes, the annual fee is $448 / $488. Can't remember which one

continuum

Reaction score
OK. Someone just called me and will send me the forms later. If any of you guys wants, it PM me. You will need your NOA if you are an existing customer. Otherwise, NOA + NRIC if I'm not wrong.

And yes, the annual fee is $448 / $488. Can't remember which one
Did you ask whether you can get it at $248 instead of $488?

Inix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did you ask whether you can get it at $248 instead of $488?
I didn't ask. Firstly, the 30K miles more than make up for it, but I wouldn't mind paying $488 as long as I don't need to dump $250K into a HSBC account.

Besides, I can get back the $488 in double quick time. All my supp card holders will get Priority Pass (this more than makes up for $$$), not to mention for the fact that we will be getting 2 Miles (which means 5 Point per $1 spend as opposed to the 1 Point per $1 now) for the 1st $75K means that it will be worth every penny.

hclee01

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone has any idea if for renewal, do you still get the 30,000 miles after paying annual fee or this is just one-off welcome gift?

continuum

Reaction score
I didn't ask. Firstly, the 30K miles more than make up for it, but I wouldn't mind paying $488 as long as I don't need to dump $250K into a HSBC account.

Besides, I can get back the $488 in double quick time. All my supp card holders will get Priority Pass (this more than makes up for $$$), not to mention for the fact that we will be getting 2 Miles (which means 5 Point per $1 spend as opposed to the 1 Point per $1 now) for the 1st $75K means that it will be worth every penny.
Ok. :)

By the way, 2 miles per dollar is only for overseas spending.

Here's what someone posted at flyertalk:
Local Spending:
first year 1$/1mile

Second year is $1/1.25miles if spent more than 50,000 in 1st year

Second year is $1/1.5miles if spent more than 75,000 in 1st year

Overseas spending :

First year $1/2miles

Second year $1/2.25miles if spent more than 50,000 in 1st year

Second year $1/2.5miles if spent more 75,000 in 1st year

and if you qualify for the earn ratio increase from the second year onwards, it continues till T&C changes.

Inix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well, like typical HSBC, the message seems to be completely different one way or the other.

This is what I got from the E-mail and the Brochure

Here are the following highlights of the program:

Unlimited access, Infinite luxury
• Infinite Travel and Lifestyle Butlers to take care of your every need
• UNLIMITED: One-way limousine transfer to the airport
• Private check-in service at JetQuay Terminal + 2 guests
• PRIORITY PASS - UNLIMITED access to over 600 VIP airport lounges globally
• FAST TRACK and MEET - Expedited immigration clearance in 40 selected airports

Earn miles faster
Enjoy a superior earn rate of up to 2.5 air miles* for every S$1 spent. (*If more than SGD75,000 spend in a year = 2.5miles. Otherwise - 2 air miles)

TRAVEL INSURANCE
Rest assured on your travels with our travel accident coverage of up to US$2 million
and emergency travel and medical assistance coverage of up to S$100,000.

Cathay Pacific
10% Discount All Year Long using HSBC Infinite Card.

1 Welcome gift to choose from:

30,000 air miles
Sony Tablet S 32gb

As someone who is well acquainted with the finest life has to offer, it gives us great pleasure to invite you to experience the Infinite world of preferential treatment.

Designed to perfectly complement your discerning lifestyle, the HSBC Visa Infinite card sets a new standard as the ultimate companion for those who care to travel well.

Please find attached our benefits and offers for you to indulge in.

No where it states that the 2 / 2.5 Miles is actually based on foreign spend. Even within the PDF file. So I'm still keeping my hopes on this issue :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.