HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

HSBC Visa Infinite card

Like Tree180Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2011, 09:07 AM   #106
Arch-Supremacy Member

ic ic. Perhaps only Elite Traveller card holders get to enjoy that rate, because we paid $90 for the Elite Traveller card, which is kind of redundant now that there's Visa Infinite.
Hmmm. I didn't pay anything for the Elite Traveller ah

[IMG]http://openflights.org/banner/inix.png[/IMG]
Inix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:41 AM   #107

so the statement below means what? free transfer from anywhere to changi airport and this is unlimited? can the principle card owner called for the service but use by his spouse to the airport? did someone check?

"Unlimited one-way limousine transfer to Changi Airport "
wuga98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:49 AM   #108

so the statement below means what? free transfer from anywhere to changi airport and this is unlimited? can the principle card owner called for the service but use by his spouse to the airport? did someone check?

"Unlimited one-way limousine transfer to Changi Airport "
Main cardholder has to fly on the day when he intends to order for the limousine service. In that case, you can't order for your spouse unless you both are flying together.
budiyanto168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:51 AM   #109

Alright, just got the card. It has the words "founding member" on it for some reason.

So here are some of the highlights of the perks:
  • Unlimited one-way limousine transfer to Changi Airport
  • Unlimited JetQuay Terminal access, including departure and arrival services
  • Unlimited fast-track immigration at several Asian airports
  • Unlimited Priority Pass access
  • Mileage accrual formula that's will make you go 'hmmm...'. Here's what you earn per S$1 based on Year 1, Year 2 (spend > $50k), Year 2 (spend > $75k)

Other perks include (may not be very accurate):
  • Rewards redemption at 10% discount
  • Buttler service (looks similar to some other cards)
  • Travel insurance up to $2 million (common sense dictates that the ticket must be fully paid with the card; it's not mentioned in the booklet)
  • Golfing privileges (free access to 3 golf clubs in Singapore and others oversions + golf insurance)
  • Golden Village (4 for 3 movie tickets; complimentary refrehments at Gold Class Lounges)
  • 5% rebates at Cold Storage, Giant and Guardian (I think this is a standard HSBC thing; there are some restrictions if I recall correctly)
  • Cathay Pacific special fares (I doubt it's 'that special' though)
  • Hotel upgrades, discounts and other privileges
  • Salt grill & Sky bar (priority queue & wait list, free sparkling wine & valet parking)
  • Quaich Bar (complimentary glass of whiskey)
  • Astor Bar (complimentary glass of wine + 15% off subsequent drinks)
  • Esplanade Concert Hall & Theatre (complimentary glass of champagne for every ticket purchased with the card)
  • Hotel dining discount (15% off at Capella, St Regis & Ritz Carlton's Greenhouse)

It is clear that this card targets people who travel more than a few times a year. The local privileges do not stand out much aside from the complimentary drinks and a few other perks.
Congrats on being the founding member. Hope my card will have that word too.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:13 PM   #110
Arch-Supremacy Member

Main cardholder has to fly on the day when he intends to order for the limousine service. In that case, you can't order for your spouse unless you both are flying together.
This is where it gets interesting. Because the taxi driver actually don't care and don't know

Old 04-11-2011, 02:50 PM   #111

This is where it gets interesting. Because the taxi driver actually don't care and don't know
This is what I was told by the RM in hsbc branch. I have not tried using these services as I did not apply the previous elite travellers card. If the taxis don't care, then would be better.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:41 PM   #112

HSBC is strange... they put my application on hold 'cause my fixed salary in Singapore is too low, even though I showed them monthly credit card spending of 15k+ ???
Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:49 PM   #113

HSBC is strange... they put my application on hold 'cause my fixed salary in Singapore is too low, even though I showed them monthly credit card spending of 15k+ ???
Low as in how low? The criteria is 250k pa. But now first batch promo so they lower to 120k pa. By invitation only.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:49 PM   #114

ic ic. Perhaps only Elite Traveller card holders get to enjoy that rate, because we paid $90 for the Elite Traveller card, which is kind of redundant now that there's Visa Infinite.
Wrote a letter of complaint to F them. Premier status also couldnt get $248!! However today, myself and colleagues have received the invitation from SQ (for HSBC) and we are offered $248 for the card!

So for Krisflyer frequent travellers, check your mailbox!
GenuineSeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:27 AM   #115

As far as I know, there is only the $40 (+ GST) annual fee (just like DBS). Conversion should be free of charge.
you are right.... Maybank Horizon Card is FOC though...but I dont like Maybank and hence will stop using it.

Are there any charges to convert my Rewards points into air miles?An annual Mileage Programme fee of S$40 (subject to GST) applies. Alternatively, you can redeem 9,000 Rewards points for the Mileage Programme fee waiver
GenuineSeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:50 AM   #116
Arch-Supremacy Member

This is what I was told by the RM in hsbc branch. I have not tried using these services as I did not apply the previous elite travellers card. If the taxis don't care, then would be better.
Well, this is my personal experience. I've tried this a few times and they have never ever actually asked for my card, nor asked me to sign anything.

I was asked to pay once, but that's because it was 5am in the morning. But otherwise, no questions asked.

Old 05-11-2011, 06:25 AM   #117
Master Member

Well, this is my personal experience. I've tried this a few times and they have never ever actually asked for my card, nor asked me to sign anything.

I was asked to pay once, but that's because it was 5am in the morning. But otherwise, no questions asked.
I see that HSBC procure a taxi company to do this airport transfer.

since it is a taxi, is the cap for passengers 4 or as per the t&c 3?

At any one time, how many can you order?

like a family of 5, can we get 2 cars or just strictly 1?
tycosiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:56 AM   #118

Do you mean that if we get the earlier timing cab, we have to pay? Or it is because of any other reasons so that you paid at 5am? Thanks
Old 05-11-2011, 10:41 AM   #119
Arch-Supremacy Member

I see that HSBC procure a taxi company to do this airport transfer.

since it is a taxi, is the cap for passengers 4 or as per the t&c 3?

At any one time, how many can you order?

like a family of 5, can we get 2 cars or just strictly 1?
I never exceeded 4 pax before, but I did request for a Maxicab in April which can seat 6 and it came as we had a hell lot of luggage. No additional charge.

Old 05-11-2011, 10:41 AM   #120
Arch-Supremacy Member

Do you mean that if we get the earlier timing cab, we have to pay? Or it is because of any other reasons so that you paid at 5am? Thanks
Before 6am will need to pay $12. No other charges applicable. I think its reasonable.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.