HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Mastercard tap in TransitLink

Like Tree219Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-04-2019, 10:37 AM   #1531

Do I need to deactivate my CEPAS on credit card before I can use Google pay for bus ride?
lcsvince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 12:22 PM   #1532

Do I need to deactivate my CEPAS on credit card before I can use Google pay for bus ride?
CEPAS is on the physical card that share with your cc. Need to switch to bank card mode if use physical card but if master card in app (GP, SP, AP) , can directly use, not related to CEPAS. So you still can have your physical card with CEPAS and app with master card SimplyGo.

Last edited by vddgnd; 22-04-2019 at 12:26 PM..
vddgnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 01:18 PM   #1533
Supremacy Member

relax la your trip not even posted yet. the box is still grey. wait for it to turn green first.

i also kena a missing entry $2, 3 days later it resolved itself, didn't even have to file a claim
kns, yesterday kena a 'missing exit' at mrt and charged $2, although not yet posted.

how can the dumb system allow people to leave the station without tapping their card? ridiculous.

hope it'll resolve itself so I don't need to file any claim. first time have bad experience. previously on ez-link no such issues before.
maumu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 02:02 PM   #1534
Arch-Supremacy Member

kns, yesterday kena a 'missing exit' at mrt and charged $2, although not yet posted.

how can the dumb system allow people to leave the station without tapping their card? ridiculous.

hope it'll resolve itself so I don't need to file any claim. first time have bad experience. previously on ez-link no such issues before.
Because you tailgate the person in front of you. To prevent you from tailgating then they have to use the gantry to clamp down on you, do you want that to happen?
hwmook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 02:37 PM   #1535
Master Member

Because you tailgate the person in front of you. To prevent you from tailgating then they have to use the gantry to clamp down on you, do you want that to happen?
Missing entry / exit doesn't mean tailgating. I kena the missing entry in app when there was no one in front of me at all. It resolved in 3 days and charged correctly.
hyperbole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 03:07 PM   #1536

or you tap exit with another card. one missing entry, one missing exit.

remember which card you use for entry.
fr33d0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 04:32 PM   #1537

go to Simplygo and submit a claim
Hinana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 05:17 PM   #1538
Supremacy Member

you which eye see me tailgate the person in front of me? pls don't make wild guesses... fyi, I don't tailgate, and not so dumb to tailgate (for what?).

or you tap exit with another card. one missing entry, one missing exit.

remember which card you use for entry.
no I did not. I don't have another card that I use for bus/mrt. in the first place, why would the gantry allow one to use another card to exit? isn't there a buzz sound to alert the person if the wrong card is used for exit?

although I don't know yet the reason, I'll appreciate if people commenting here not make irresponsible assumptions or wild guesses. clearly, i'm not the only one experiencing this 'missing exit' issue as seen by the previous posts.
Old 22-04-2019, 05:25 PM   #1539

you which eye see me tailgate the person in front of me? pls don't make wild guesses... fyi, I don't tailgate, and not so dumb to tailgate (for what?).

no I did not. I don't have another card that I use for bus/mrt. in the first place, why would the gantry allow one to use another card to exit? isn't there a buzz sound to alert the person if the wrong card is used for exit?

although I don't know yet the reason, I'll appreciate if people commenting here not make irresponsible assumptions or wild guesses. clearly, i'm not the only one experiencing this 'missing exit' issue as seen by the previous posts.
no more buzz sound for missing entry, at least with MasterCard.

I encountered a few times one card entry and a different exit.
fr33d0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2019, 09:58 PM   #1540
Master Member

For Mastercard contactless bank cards, fare charges will be accumulated for up to 5 days or after a total of $15 is spent on transit fares, whichever is earlier.

How to know when is the 5 day period?
assiak71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2019, 10:34 PM   #1541
Master Member

For Mastercard contactless bank cards, fare charges will be accumulated for up to 5 days or after a total of $15 is spent on transit fares, whichever is earlier.

Based on my SimplyGo history.

The Date of New Transaction + 5 Days (after Last Posted Amount in SimplyGo).

Example
- SimplyGo Last Posted Amount is on 12 Apr
- New Ride is Transacted on 14 Apr
- SimplyGo will Post the Total amount between 14 Apr to 18 Apr with the date 18 Apr (assuming less than $15 between this period).

SimplyGo Post Dating will not reflect immediately in bank, so far for me it will take a few days to be reflected.
maumu likes this.

Last edited by NTTDoCoMo; 23-04-2019 at 10:50 PM..
NTTDoCoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2019, 10:37 PM   #1542

Can check on the Simplygo app.
shm725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2019, 10:44 PM   #1543
Master Member

Can check on the Simplygo app.
How to see?
assiak71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2019, 10:50 PM   #1544
Master Member

How to see?
Open SimplyGo App, Select My Cards
NTTDoCoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2019, 07:59 AM   #1545
Supremacy Member

an update:

not sure if it's because I called in to service hotline yesterday, or it auto-rectify itself, but the 'missing exit' penalty is gone when I view the simplygo app history.

so maybe like one of the bros here, it's the same experience, if u experience 'missing exit', wait for three days to see if it'll auto-fix itself.

for me, it happened on 21 April and today (24 April) the penalty disappeared.

hope it helps.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.