Mastercard tap in TransitLink

mdax23

Reaction score
Called scb and they told me they never heard of these 1024 thing. Advise me to use contactless for payment first. Then call back if these any issue.

Any number I can call to verify this 1024 thing?

Some cockster cso don't even know what is simplygo

bullsback

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From my experience, Google pay is the most seemless, it's better than physical cards.

Sent from HUAWEI EVR-L29 using GAGT

hclee01

Master Member
Reaction score
https://www.mastercard.com.sg/en-sg/consumers/payment-technologies/contactless/transit.html

Win tickets to JJ Lin Sanctuary 2.0 World Tour.

Stand to win when you tap & go with Mastercard on buses and trains from 22 September to 31 October:

Every $1 spent earns you 1 chance of winning. New users get 10 chances with their first $1 and the chance to win a Priceless Surprise.

Terms & Conditions are available here:
https://www.mastercard.com.sg/conte...n-Transit-Campaign-Terms-and-Conditions-1.pdf

hclee01

Master Member
Reaction score
I have a 50 cents admin fee being charged, but have no idea why.

Is yours a foreign issued credit card?
https://simplygo.transitlink.com.sg/FAQs

10. Why is there an administrative fee charged for the use of foreign issued contactless bank cards?

An administrative fee of $0.50 per posting is charged to defray the additional cost for processing foreign bank cards.

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am using POSB card.... I have called and they said they will ask IT to investigate.

hclee01

Master Member
Reaction score
How do u track your claims in the simplygo app?

Based on my past experience, you should receive an alert when your claim is approved. Also from the apps, under the Claims section, you should be able to see the status of the claims whether it has been approved or rejected.

DarkMage168

Reaction score
How do u track your claims in the simplygo app?

Please go below to see claims. I've also added step by step procedure to setup simplyGo.

1. Check if your credit card is already configure for simplyGo. Either thru your app or via MRT station kiosk. Go-to website t check how to use before using the kiosk.

2. Does your daily commute 'tap' says, I think is, "have a good day" instead of $x.xx trip? That confirms you are using simplyGo.

3. download simplyGo app. Register your credit card into the app. Only 1 app will be registered as your main app. This means you can't have 2 phones using a single account or app.

4. Everytime you enter and exit your trip, the app will notify you your trip cost.

5. Note you must tap in by 7.45am to get MRT $0.50 discount (weekday only)

6. Be careful if you are using your mobile phone for simplyGo. It may not register your entry or exit. I suspect newer generation phone are more stable than older phones.

7. simplyGo app can also help you to settle (online) missed 'tap' after a few days later. It is much better than previous CEPAS app which I found out there are sometimes unreported missed 'tap' that was gone unnoticed.

8. I've gone through simplyGo claims caused by using older mobile phone via Samsung pay app that missed some 'tap'.

simply wait a few days for the simplyGo app to enable that day's problematic transaction, then press claim button and describe the problem, and submit.

Wait a few days later for them to check the claim issue. If found the problem is theirs, they will SMS you and refund you back to your credit card. Otherwise, they will SMS you that the problem is yours and will not process the claim. Usually my initial problem was I missed my 7.45am entry and I can't claim it.

The app will also be updated for successful claims.

Hope this will help

Last edited:

mdax23

Reaction score
So before they sms, where to track? The claim section only tell me to file claims, no keep records

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For some reason, when I boarded a bus last week, my card got "read" twice during my tap-in, and gotten the "Card already presented" error.

What I am annoyed was, the card reader was flashing RED and Beeping so loudly, as if I did not pay up. The bus driver insisted that I need to pay up, and I had to tap my card again to show him the "Card already presented" message. I check my SimplyGo account afterwards, and luckily, the deduction was correct and I need not submit any claims.

Hope if any of you encounter the same problem, just explain to the driver the situation.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.