Mastercard tap in TransitLink

mdax23

Reaction score
It is Standchart never apply to LTA for this card?
or they apply but haven't approved?

TiOnGSquare

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Unlimited cashback scb card got issue, i mentioned it a few weeks ago in the cc thread, informed scb and they say they still fixing the issue and will update the gtm to support it. Just wait lor, i will update here once they inform me

more3cm

Reaction score
You can only choose 1 option.

One must go to the Ticket Machine at any MRT station to choose the payment mode.

EZ-Link ( normal mode)

Or

" Bank Mode" via MasterCard

The single option is referring to transport... U can still ezreload at merchant

only_lonely

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any promo by using mc for transportation?
I got enrolled as pilot batch but din't use.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Probably 0.5-1s longer than normal. Actually a lot of delay is caused by the people moving forward and need to almost backtrack cause the card hasn't completed scanning. If we look at Japan or HK metro system, their response time is indeed much faster even though our screen looks much more sleek.

Cut this latency and it'll actually improve the overall efficiency even though it's mere seconds.

The process time is indeed longer than normal ez-link. You need to place the card on the control station gantry for like 2 sec.

more3cm

Reaction score
For DBS/POSB MCs, your first 3 trips are free.

The 3rd trips free offer is until 20th Apr, but it takes 8 day for amounts <$15 to get posted, so effectively today is the last day since the bank won't know the exact transaction date of individual trips?

jackieatbtu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thought as long as trip made by 20th April will be counted?

The 3rd trips free offer is until 20th Apr, but it takes 8 day for amounts <$15 to get posted, so effectively today is the last day since the bank won't know the exact transaction date of individual trips?

Knightoftheblackrose

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No that is not how they operate.

You still have to pay for all your trips.

They will credit a Cashback to you for your 1st 3 trips later on, end of following month , or end of May 2017.
See item 6 for the details .

http://www.posb.com.sg/iwov-resources/pdf/cards/promotions/posb-transit/posb-transit-lta-tnc.pdf

more3cm

Reaction score
I thought as long as trip made by 20th April will be counted?

My point is how would POSB know whether you made the trip before 20 Apr just looking the posted date? The only sure way is posting before 20 Apr

For eg, make first 3 trips all on 20 Apr, get posted $X on 28 Apr (X<15)
vs make first 3 trips on 21 Apr, few days later accumulated > $15 and get posted $Y on 24 Apr.

Last edited:

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My point is how would POSB know whether you made the trip before 20 Apr just looking the posted date? The only sure way is posting before 20 Apr

For eg, make first 3 trips all on 20 Apr, get posted $X on 28 Apr (X<15)
vs make first 3 trips on 21 Apr, few days later accumulated > $15 and get posted $Y on 24 Apr.

Somehow POSB need to know the amount for the first 3 trips. Just knowing the posted amount dun give enough info about exactly how much is the first 3 trips. Maybe transitlink give the detailed breakdown per trip to POSB, not transparent to us.

Last edited:

jackieatbtu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The ABT account page will show individual trips by each card. So this record will be available. Maybe posb get from them separately. Since the rebate only given much later.

curo

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any idea if I use the Prvimiles mastercard will i earn miles for it?

wildfaye29

Reaction score
i reg my maybank card in abt liao

can i add this card in my xiaomi (android pay) and use it to tap and pay for mrt n bus?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.