Mastercard tap in TransitLink

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After I tapped out mrt, Abt card had error.... Couldn't tap into bus. When I called transit link, they told me that quite a number of CIMB users had card error. Asked me to get card replacement from cimb :s22:

it happened to me with different cards

i think its got more to do with the gantry system instead of card specific issue

for my issues, transitlink said it was error at the entry system at that mrt station

i tried again a few days later with the same card and no more issues

vddgnd

Reaction score
without displaying the fare, troublesome to check for error later. prefer ezlink or nestfp that can check last exit time to time for next transfer.

Boefje

Reaction score
1. Using the UOB PRVI MILES, you can get 1.4 miles per dollar (only when at least 5 sgd is hit per 5 days)
2. Do you feel that the tapping is less sensitive and it doesnt go through ur wallet, as compared w cepas?

galacticnick

Reaction score
1. Using the UOB PRVI MILES, you can get 1.4 miles per dollar (only when at least 5 sgd is hit per 5 days)
2. Do you feel that the tapping is less sensitive and it doesnt go through ur wallet, as compared w cepas?

2. Yes, and even if you take it out of your wallet to tap, you still get an error message half the time.

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score
not great times to use ABT now. till they trial contactless next year and banks starts rolling out promos to encourage takeup rate.

back to NFP ATU for now.

jiaklormee

Reaction score
Less sensitive, and there is a noticeable lag in the machine when reading the card.

johanyu

Reaction score
CIMB rebate

Last month I received CIMB MC rebate for ABT Jul usage, has anyone received rebate for Aug usage?

jackieatbtu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yea, i have not receive anything since sept. I thought there are at least one more for the final period?

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
On CNA, no sure take how long to implement on all gantries

i1x7Dew.jpg

vegavega25

Reaction score
I am thinking of moving to using a Mastercard credit card for the MRT, for the only reason that I can carry one card less in my wallet.

So my question is: are people here using the SCB Unlimited Mastercard to tap in and out of the MRT without any issues?

I ask because initially the Standard Chartered Cashback Unlimited Mastercard could not be linked? Or there was a delay of some sort.

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

purpletoysmum

Reaction score
I am thinking of moving to using a Mastercard credit card for the MRT, for the only reason that I can carry one card less in my wallet.

So my question is: are people here using the SCB Unlimited Mastercard to tap in and out of the MRT without any issues?

I ask because initially the Standard Chartered Cashback Unlimited Mastercard could not be linked? Or there was a delay of some sort.

Can be linked. No problems do far.

haydentan

Reaction score
Posb abt promotion: Rebates for Xmas n new year rides if u made 10 rides in the week prior to the two dates.

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.posb.com.sg/personal/promotion/cards-posb-transit
Go Cash Free. Get Festive Rides Free.

From 18 to 31 December 2017, just tap and go™ on buses and trains with Mastercard® contactless and enjoy FREE bus/train rides.

Here’s how it works:

Tap 10X from 18-24 Dec - ride free on Christmas Day, 25 Dec 2017.
Tap 10X from 26-31 Dec - ride free on New Year’s Day, 1 Jan 2018.
Register your contactless POSB/DBS Mastercard Card for the Account-Based Ticketing pilot programme today!

For Terms and Conditions regarding Get Festive Rides Free, Click here.
https://www.posb.com.sg/iwov-resources/pdf/cards/promotions/posb-transit/posb-transit-lta-steps.pdf

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.