HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Mastercard tap in TransitLink

Like Tree219Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2017, 10:45 AM   #676
Arch-Supremacy Member

i am using the CIMB MasterCard all along
have already gotten 3 months of rebates.
last friday went to work, can scan in & out no issue.
after work can scan in MRT Transfer to SBS Transit bus no prob. but when transfer to SMRT bus got error on the scanner & for subsequent taps for MRT, SBS transit & SMRT buses over the weekend up to now.
any ideas? called Transitlink on sat they say will check need a few days.
do you think its physical card related?
What is the error message?
Trazora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:19 PM   #677

What is the error message?
erm didnt remember the full text but its red not amber
just took out my stand by normal top up card to tap.
also called CIMB card centre, was assured its not credit limit issue
it feels like a physical card issue as in when i tap, it takes very long (even longer than when first time using ABT) to get the error out as if the scanner cant interrogate the card so flash error if that makes any sense

Last edited by a4973; 01-08-2017 at 12:21 PM..
a4973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:30 PM   #678
Arch-Supremacy Member

it feels like a physical card issue as in when i tap, it takes very long (even longer than when first time using ABT) to get the error out as if the scanner cant interrogate the card so flash error if that makes any sense
Maybe can go to any mrt control station or transitlink service counter to have a quick verdict what is the error. If really physical card problem can call CIMB to do a replacement
Trazora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 02:56 PM   #679
Supremacy Member

for me, TransitLink said it was their reader/system problem at that specific MRT Station.

more likely to be system issue unable to read the card rather than card issue IMO
oceanicmanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 03:42 PM   #680

for me, TransitLink said it was their reader/system problem at that specific MRT Station.

more likely to be system issue unable to read the card rather than card issue IMO
from friday evening after 1 mrt & 1 SBStransit successful ride, it has been this way for 2 SMRT bus rides, on sat 2 smrt bus rides, on sun 2 mrt rides. today 1 mrt ride.
i'll try again when going home this evening.
Old 01-08-2017, 07:45 PM   #681

My CIMB 10% ABT rebate was credited on 20 Jul 17.

The good thing is the ABT transactions for different CIMB MC are eligible for rebates, rebate credited back into 1 CC.
What do you mean by ABT transactions for different CIMB MC?
daxiong88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 07:49 PM   #682

So CIMB, SCB offer 10% rebate? ABT regards will be given for every two to bus and mrt? Nothing to do with auto top up right?
daxiong88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 10:41 AM   #683

Hello everyone,

Just to check with the current users here.

My DBS mastercard is now available to use for mrt rides. I previously used the Citi SMRT card as my ezlink card and it's always in my card holder. No problems tapping in and out for train rides and bus.

But with this DBS mastercard, it seems like the reader is unable to recognise the mastercard when it's in my card holder. Card holder is fairly thin, the typical types that you put name cards in it plus some credit cards. I made a conscious effort to insert the mastercard in the outer most card slot but the gantry still can't recognise the card.

I find it quite troublesome to remove the mastercard from the card holder each time i enter the gantry.

So just want to check if you all are able to leave the mastercard in your wallets / card holders and still able tap through for your train rides.
Meatfactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 07:16 AM   #684

Hello everyone,

My DBS mastercard is now available to use for mrt rides. I previously used the Citi SMRT card as my ezlink card and it's always in my card holder. No problems tapping in and out for train rides and bus.

But with this DBS mastercard, it seems like the reader is unable to recognise the mastercard when it's in my card holder. Card holder is fairly thin, the typical types that you put name cards in it plus some credit cards. I made a conscious effort to insert the mastercard in the outer most card slot but the gantry still can't recognise the card.

I find it quite troublesome to remove the mastercard from the card holder each time i enter the gantry.

So just want to check if you all are able to leave the mastercard in your wallets / card holders and still able tap through for your train rides.
same here, I think it's applicable for all MC
johanyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 07:32 AM   #685

Hello everyone,

mine work fine with the MC in my wallet. my wallet is pretty thick
beckham8178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 06:07 AM   #686

which bank/card?
johanyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 08:58 AM   #687

Same here. It is troublesome.

same here, I think it's applicable for all MC
zumaba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 10:20 AM   #688

Wallet full of cash
mdax23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 07:47 AM   #689

from friday evening after 1 mrt & 1 SBStransit successful ride, it has been this way for 2 SMRT bus rides, on sat 2 smrt bus rides, on sun 2 mrt rides. today 1 mrt ride.
i'll try again when going home this evening.
further update for everyone who may encounter same issue.
after waiting for Transitlink for a week to get back to me but did not.
i called cimb & asked for a replacement card & upon learning that my concern was continuing with Tap & Go program, the replaced card carried the same 16 D card number & i received it within 3 days of the call.
just activated it with an sms & walah can tap in on buses & mrts.
Old 07-08-2017, 11:53 AM   #690

Hello everyone,

tap wallet no problem for me.
have u removed your ezlink/flashpay and all other paywave/paypass cards from ur card holder and there is no card clash?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.