Mastercard tap in TransitLink

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
Of course we can still tap and charge. My question is how can we track in the portal?

it will be shown in portal under the physical card number, with "virtual device icon". u won't see any virtual number in the transaction history.

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
it will be shown in portal under the physical card number, with "virtual device icon". u won't see any virtual number in the transaction history.

are you saying the simplygo system can link your card virtual number to your physical card number? thought the whole point of having a virtual card number is so the merchant doesn't receive your actual credit card details.

Last edited:

chinnian

Reaction score
I already have a MasterCard registered in ABT. Had been using the Apple Pay trial on my whitelisted old iPhone. Had changed iPhone since, does it mean that from 4 Apr, I'd be able to use ApplePay with the same ABT registered MasterCard on this new iPhone without the need to go to TransitLink office to scan first?

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I already have a MasterCard registered in ABT. Had been using the Apple Pay trial on my whitelisted old iPhone. Had changed iPhone since, does it mean that from 4 Apr, I'd be able to use ApplePay with the same ABT registered MasterCard on this new iPhone without the need to go to TransitLink office to scan first?

Should be ok. Dun think it matters whether it was on the old iphone or not.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
are you saying the simplygo system can link your card virtual number to your physical card number? thought the whole point of having a virtual card number is so the merchant doesn't receive your actual credit card details.

yes. don't forget ABT project also involves master/visa and banks all worked together.
btw for the Mobile ABT trial, they only scanned the phone/watch during registration, didn't ask for any account info or physical card number, so no linkage is done at registration.

ice_angel

Reaction score

Thank Traz.. super efficient in finding related topics over internet.. :s13:

I think the page is about adding the NFC Sim into Samsung pay so that can use phone to tap into MRT gantry. The problem for me is even if I don't add the Sim card to Samsung pay, it is already auto deducting from the Sim ezlink. I want to find the other way to somehow disable to SIM ezlink and let charge go to my Google pay/Samsung pay. ;)

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank Traz.. super efficient in finding related topics over internet.. :s13:

I think the page is about adding the NFC Sim into Samsung pay so that can use phone to tap into MRT gantry. The problem for me is even if I don't add the Sim card to Samsung pay, it is already auto deducting from the Sim ezlink. I want to find the other way to somehow disable to SIM ezlink and let charge go to my Google pay/Samsung pay. ;)

Change the SIM to non-NFC, simple?

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
yes. don't forget ABT project also involves master/visa and banks all worked together.
btw for the Mobile ABT trial, they only scanned the phone/watch during registration, didn't ask for any account info or physical card number, so no linkage is done at registration.

Still don't understand how it works technically. If that is true that the ABT system knows which virtual card number is linked to which physical card number then why we could not tap with NFC before and need to get the device validated?

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
Still don't understand how it works technically. If that is true that the ABT system knows which virtual card number is linked to which physical card number then why we could not tap with NFC before and need to get the device validated?

because Mobile ABT was under pilot test and not open to public.
so trial users go scan the phone/watch to take down the virtual numbers to be unblocked. so only trial users can use it, others can't.
i've told u the trial registration got nothing to do with card linking.

fr33d0m

Master Member
Reaction score
because Mobile ABT was under pilot test and not open to public.
so trial users go scan the phone/watch to take down the virtual numbers to be unblocked. so only trial users can use it, others can't.
i've told u the trial registration got nothing to do with card linking.

Every card has a different virtual card number in mobile app. How could you register all future cards with Transitlink?

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
Every card has a different virtual card number in mobile app. How could you register all future cards with Transitlink?

He's saying no need to register. Just register the physical card will do cos the system is omnipotent can auto match the virtual card number to your physical card

fr33d0m

Master Member
Reaction score
He's saying no need to register. Just register the physical card will do cos the system is omnipotent can auto match the virtual card number to your physical card

How? ApplePay and G-Pay opens API for Transitlink to query everytime?

If you delete and re-add the same card, virtual card number will be different, too.

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
How? ApplePay and G-Pay opens API for Transitlink to query everytime?

If you delete and re-add the same card, virtual card number will be different, too.

i dunno how. to me, it doesn't make sense technically. but he say can lor.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score

aiyoh... u all still thinking about the pilot test... it's all over already.
pls read up the new ABT/SimplyGo guides and forget about registering for pilot test. :s8:

after 4/4 no need to register. so ur question on how to register future cards all won't exist.

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
pls read up the new ABT/SimplyGo guides and forget about registering for pilot test. :s8:

after 4/4 no need to register. so ur question on how to register future cards all won't exist.

Where are these new guides? Even the simplygo website FAQ is still about the pilot.

I think most of us know DON'T NEED TO REGISTER. But if you don't register you cannot see the charges right? Unless overnight the system improved 100 times.

fr33d0m

Master Member
Reaction score

What kind of mechanism does Transitlink provide for security or tapping wrong card at exit? I personally encountered tapping wrong card at exit several times. With more cards, it is even higher chance to tap wrong card. You got charged twice. one missing exit and one missing entry.

Anyone can tap anyone else's card to use public transport?

People can have tens of card in wallet when tapping to exit.

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
What kind of mechanism does Transitlink provide for security or tapping wrong card at exit? I personally encountered tapping wrong card at exit several times. With more cards, it is even higher chance to tap wrong card. You got charged twice. one missing exit and one missing entry.

I think that's why they tell you to take out the card before tapping. With cepas cards they can detect multiple cards but doesn't seem so with credit cards

fr33d0m

Master Member
Reaction score
I think that's why they tell you to take out the card before tapping. With cepas cards they can detect multiple cards but doesn't seem so with credit cards

with all Visa and Mastercard accepted, which card to take out?

How to remember....

Does Transitlink create a solution or a problem?

chinnian

Reaction score

They have quite explictly advised users to take out the intended card from wallet to tap.
If users choose to tap card with a wallet-full of cards, there might be error? Or even if cards got charged wrongly, LTA can’t be blamed for that, as they have already advised on that.

fr33d0m

Master Member
Reaction score
They have quite explictly advised users to take out the intended card from wallet to tap.
If users choose to tap card with a wallet-full of cards, there might be error? Or even if cards got charged wrongly, LTA can’t be blamed for that, as they have already advised on that.

What value does Transitlink try to create without registration?

People with multiple credit cards don't intend to use all cards for public transport.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.