Mastercard tap in TransitLink

Like Tree219Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2018, 09:43 PM   #841
Supremacy Member

I have been using Maybank CC for ABT since November. No prob so far
chiokcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 12:35 AM   #842

Hmm why use abt now when theres no more rebates?
efreelancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 10:37 AM   #843
Supremacy Member

Maybank still giving 5% rebate if total card spend is min $500 for Friend & Family card

8% if min $1000

http://info.maybank2u.com.sg/persona...astercard.aspx

Last edited by chiokcc; 11-02-2018 at 10:39 AM..
chiokcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 01:18 PM   #844
Master Member

For the convenience.

My Credit cards are set on auto full GIRO payment each month .

Under ABT, if I use my linked CC to pay for the trips, I only pay as and when I travel instead of having to top up a prepaid EZ link card.

Hmm why use abt now when theres no more rebates?
Knightoftheblackrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2018, 01:49 AM   #845

May i confirm that using the maybank Tap and Ride with Maybank Mastercard Cards, there will not be any additional charges for the auto top up?
icyclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2018, 06:39 AM   #846
Arch-Supremacy Member

May i confirm that using the maybank Tap and Ride with Maybank Mastercard Cards, there will not be any additional charges for the auto top up?
no additional charges. It is not auto top up, charged as and when you use the card for transport.
Trazora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 05:41 PM   #847
Supremacy Member

Thanks for your update. a bunch of people that don't know what's going on. just keep pushing here and there. oh well back to using ezlink
An update. By coincidence I lost my card (lol) and got a replacement with new number and re-registered it on transitlink site.

It worked ... for ONE DAY. Day two onwards same error invalid card (20) when trying to tap in. Give up, screw this buggy piece of crap.
deodorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 08:41 PM   #848
Supremacy Member

An update. By coincidence I lost my card (lol) and got a replacement with new number and re-registered it on transitlink site.

It worked ... for ONE DAY. Day two onwards same error invalid card (20) when trying to tap in. Give up, screw this buggy piece of crap.
Yup buggy. Always got this error plus there a bloody lag when tapping when compared to the Ezlink card.
Old 04-03-2018, 12:28 AM   #849

For the convenience.

My Credit cards are set on auto full GIRO payment each month .

Under ABT, if I use my linked CC to pay for the trips, I only pay as and when I travel instead of having to top up a prepaid EZ link card.
I second this completely.

Since my total travel bill per month is about S$65, I stand to forego about S$3 or so of cashback a month if I use a Mastercard instead of NETS Flashpay with ATU on the BOC Family card, for example. I can live with that.

The convenience of using a regularly used Mastercard credit card is superb and for me beats the so-called cash cards hands down. I am also happy with the peace of mind that I don't have to carry one more card with some value 'locked' on it with the risk of losing the card and having it misused.
vegavega25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 03:46 PM   #850
Supremacy Member

I second this completely.

Since my total travel bill per month is about S$65, I stand to forego about S$3 or so of cashback a month if I use a Mastercard instead of NETS Flashpay with ATU on the BOC Family card, for example. I can live with that.

The convenience of using a regularly used Mastercard credit card is superb and for me beats the so-called cash cards hands down. I am also happy with the peace of mind that I don't have to carry one more card with some value 'locked' on it with the risk of losing the card and having it misused.
Credit linked ezlink card can be refunded once reported lost no? Don't you think you could lose your mastercard as well?
Old 04-03-2018, 04:18 PM   #851

Credit linked ezlink card can be refunded once reported lost no? Don't you think you could lose your mastercard as well?
To get a refund on ezlink, you need to have the physical card in your possession. It's like losing a wallet full of cash. It's gone.

For mastercard, once you report lost no additional charges can go through.
JC2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 09:31 PM   #852
Supremacy Member

To get a refund on ezlink, you need to have the physical card in your possession. It's like losing a wallet full of cash. It's gone.

For mastercard, once you report lost no additional charges can go through.
Not true. The balance will be refunded to the account. But Mastercard is better in a way as the card can be blocked immediately whereas there is some waiting period after notifying Ezlink for a lost ez-reload card. (There is also some insurance coverage of $15 if you register your card beforehand though http://www.ezlink.com.sg/cardblocking)

Also, when Mastercard when lost, it can be used for a wide range of purchases compared to an Ezlink card.

http://www.ezlink.com.sg/ez-reload-by-card-faqs
Please call EZ-Link’s Hotline at 6496 8300 to make a lost report on your ez-link card. Should you call after office hours, please leave a voicemail and your lost report will be lodged. The remaining monies left on your ez-link card, subject to the terms and conditions of refund of cards on the EZ-Reload facility, will be refunded back to your credit/debit and charge card account.
Old 04-03-2018, 09:40 PM   #853
Supremacy Member

Normally ABT through DBS/POSB debit cards I've no issues, but for unknown reason, both my SAFRA DBS Debit and POSB Passion Debit can't tap in at Pioneer MRT. Had to transfer to another bus to go Boon Lay to board the train.

Anyone have the same issue?
lohsenglte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 01:18 AM   #854

Normally ABT through DBS/POSB debit cards I've no issues, but for unknown reason, both my SAFRA DBS Debit and POSB Passion Debit can't tap in at Pioneer MRT. Had to transfer to another bus to go Boon Lay to board the train.

Anyone have the same issue?
Was it happen today (4-Mar)? I was unable to top up the posb cards using credit card payment mode, don't know what happens to posb card.
vddgnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 07:58 AM   #855
Supremacy Member

Was it happen today (4-Mar)? I was unable to top up the posb cards using credit card payment mode, don't know what happens to posb card.
It happened to me everytime I try to board at Pioneer. 3/3 times all fail. Then the Passenger Service can't do anything. They can't even read any info out of the card, unlike other stations.
lohsenglte is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.