HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Mastercard tap in TransitLink

Like Tree219Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2018, 10:43 AM   #856

It happened to me everytime I try to board at Pioneer. 3/3 times all fail. Then the Passenger Service can't do anything. They can't even read any info out of the card, unlike other stations.
try a different gantry.

not all gantries are the same in MRT.
fr33d0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 01:15 PM   #857

CIMB Master platinum still got 10% on MRT and bus ride?
ice_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 03:55 PM   #858
Supremacy Member

try a different gantry.

not all gantries are the same in MRT.
I tried all the gantries, all give me error.
lohsenglte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 08:01 AM   #859

I tried all the gantries, all give me error.
I think the abt is still not stable. A lot of bugs. My bro’s card cannot be used for buses or trains after using it since launch. He requested for the bank to issue him a new card. Now he decided to use the normal ezlink with reload.
haydentan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 11:43 AM   #860
Master Member

Now he decided to use the normal ezlink with reload.
I decided to do the same on the second day I tried it. If you can't make it work as easy as Ezlink/FP, people are not going to use it unless they are forced.

You should not need to carry Ezlink/FP 'just in case ABT does not work'. Because people do not carry two Ezlink/FP cards just in case if the first does not work.
invisible999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 08:12 PM   #861
High Supremacy Member

My POSB Everyday Card was OK in the morning when I went to work. But in the evening, I coukd not tap in. Tried 2 different gantries, both same. Passenger Service could not read the card, suggested I go to Ticket Counter. It happened at all 3 stations that I need to go through on way home. I could use TopUp machine to top up though. But still could not use after I topped up $10. So I went to Bishan Ticket Counter, the Malay auntie direct me to check or contact the ABT site, her side cannot do anything. And she said today a few cases like that also.

Anyone got the same issue?
chengsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 10:04 PM   #862

My POSB Everyday Card was OK in the morning when I went to work. But in the evening, I coukd not tap in. Tried 2 different gantries, both same. Passenger Service could not read the card, suggested I go to Ticket Counter. It happened at all 3 stations that I need to go through on way home. I could use TopUp machine to top up though. But still could not use after I topped up $10. So I went to Bishan Ticket Counter, the Malay auntie direct me to check or contact the ABT site, her side cannot do anything. And she said today a few cases like that also.

Your card currently is in bank card mode right (to use the master card not ezlink)?

You top up is into the ezlink wallet in the card. As you are in bank card mode, even there is money in the ezlink, it would not deduct from the ezlink wallet, unless you change it from bank card mode to ezlink mode.

I am curious, when card in bank card mode still can top up into ezlink wallet?

When is your master card expiry ?
vddgnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 10:29 PM   #863
High Supremacy Member

Your card currently is in bank card mode right (to use the master card not ezlink)?

You top up is into the ezlink wallet in the card. As you are in bank card mode, even there is money in the ezlink, it would not deduct from the ezlink wallet, unless you change it from bank card mode to ezlink mode.

I am curious, when card in bank card mode still can top up into ezlink wallet?

When is your master card expiry ?
I did not think about that when I tried to “solve” it.
Now it feels sucks, I shld check with bank or check with transitlink?

My card expires in 2022 I think.
Old 03-04-2018, 11:01 PM   #864

When you tap the gate this morning and usually what you read on the gantries display? Is it "bank card" or the stored value or the fare?

If it is "bank card" then it is under ABT, then look for ABT. If it displays fare then your card is in ezlink mode.

Or you can go GTM check what mode your card is and change the mode.
Old 03-04-2018, 11:07 PM   #865
High Supremacy Member

It shows “bank card”.

When you tap the gate this morning and usually what you read on the gantries display? Is it "bank card" or the stored value or the fare?

If it is "bank card" then it is under ABT, then look for ABT. If it displays fare then your card is in ezlink mode.

Or you can go GTM check what mode your card is and change the mode.
Old 03-04-2018, 11:09 PM   #866

If your card still can do contactless payment then the NFC should still working and the bank not blocking your card for spending. Don't know is the ABT system server problem that lose your card's info (I really don't know, just guess).

Last edited by vddgnd; 03-04-2018 at 11:11 PM..
Old 04-04-2018, 08:08 AM   #867

You can call posb to replace your credit card if the fault cannot be determined after you tried.

haydentan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 09:30 AM   #868
High Supremacy Member

You can call posb to replace your credit card if the fault cannot be determined after you tried.
I will call posb later see if they can do anything without replacing the card. it was just replaced last year I think. if cannot i will just cancel all atb and ezlink function, let it remain as a cc only sua
Old 04-04-2018, 10:10 AM   #869

I will call posb later see if they can do anything without replacing the card. it was just replaced last year I think. if cannot i will just cancel all atb and ezlink function, let it remain as a cc only sua
If it is only ABT got problem, u still can change the mode back to ezlink and use it as ezlink card. Since u already top up $10 inside.
Old 04-04-2018, 05:25 PM   #870
High Supremacy Member

I have given up too. Used to use stan chart unlimited cashback. Notice the gantry reader always takes longer to read than ezlink. Also sometimes certain readers keep getting red light. Then one day it just died on me. Used on mrt twice & then lrt. No problem. Then go on bus cannot work. Went to mrt station near my house to check at the ticket machine, suddenly cannot read.

Stupid nets, never test properly come up with this crap!
derrickgoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.