Mastercard tap in TransitLink

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
Why don't I just use my ezlink card?

LTA spends so much money so that I can use my ezlink card.

Sorry hor, with this system I'm guessing you go back to using EZ-Link while tapping with your wallet might have problem too. You will need to rearrange your cards such that all other paywave/paypass enabled cards are not stacked with your EZ-Link

fr33d0m

Master Member
Reaction score
The charges are not always instantly reflected on the app too. Especially for some bus trips, sometimes have to wait 1-2 days. Not sure how much they have improved before official launch. The last I encountered this was maybe last month. I reverted to using cepas card. But if this NFC thing works well I am interested to try.

NFC thing works not that well, actually.

ApplePay for face is a pain for contactless payment. It would be worse for MRT, I guess.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
See this is why I was saying that so close to launch date and no info. Some people here insisted all the info is provided. How to link your virtual card to ABT is a question mark. Some here say no need because the system will simply know. Some keep insisting no need to register (then how to see charges?)

lots of apple pay users already used Mobile ABT during pilot test.
we have used it and it worked.
just like u pay by apple pay at shops and the transaction is charged to your physical card bill.

fr33d0m

Master Member
Reaction score
Sorry hor, with this system I'm guessing you go back to using EZ-Link while tapping with your wallet might have problem too. You will need to rearrange your cards such that all other paywave/paypass enabled cards are not stacked with your EZ-Link

already did that.

Only recently, Visa is also enabled, then I have problems now. Last time Visa and EZlink can stack without problem.

Have to take out my card to tap.

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
NFC thing works not that well, actually.

ApplePay for face is a pain for contactless payment. It would be worse for MRT, I guess.

Google pay has worked very well for paying at merchants. Not sure if it'll be seamless with this ABT. The lag when using credit card is still there and on buses sometimes the reader can't detect the card too.

fr33d0m

Master Member
Reaction score
lots of apple pay users already used Mobile ABT during pilot test.
we have used it and it worked.
just like u pay by apple pay at shops and the transaction is charged to your physical card bill.

ApplePay with fingerprint or face recognition.

Default card or another card for public transport?

I found that it is not easy to use with face recognition and not default card for public transport.

chinnian

Reaction score
From day 1 since the 1st ezlink was launched donkey years back. It’s advised that users should take out card to tap.

Just that since tapplng wallet or handbags, or whatever backpacks work as well, it has become common practice.

Now some might also have memory problem, forgot which card to take out and tap.
Use phone, face id also very problematic. Frustrating indeed! I want to be able to stroll through gates without doing anything!

fr33d0m

Master Member
Reaction score
From day 1 since the 1st ezlink was launched donkey years back. It’s advised that users should take out card to tap.

Just that since tapplng wallet or handbags, or whatever backpacks work as well, it has become common practice.

Use phone, face id also very problematic. Frustrating indeed! I want to be able to stroll through gates without doing anything!

That's the goal.

Life should be easier than more difficult with technology. Otherwise, why does LTA get to spend top dollar?

Forgetting which card to tap is totally on LTA. I don't have such problem before they allow multiple cards registered in ABT. LTA creates new problem, they better fix it.

Last edited:

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score

weren't they testing the strolling through gates thing? wonder what happened. :s13:

chinnian

Reaction score
Discussed before, so which city's Apple Pay on transit system is the best?
London? Even then need to activate Face/Touch ID before approaching the gate.

Japan's Suica? Yes it's best. But it's not credit card. Need to add value to Suica. Added step.

Who else?

fr33d0m

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone using ApplePay for public transport only activate it when tapping on gantry?

One day, I will carry a POS machine and come close to all who use ApplePay or G-Pay for public transport. I guess, many of them will have enabled payment already, just waiting to tap on gantry. All you need is a POS machine near their phone and the phone will authorize payment automatically.

Wonderful, right?

chinnian

Reaction score
Anyone using ApplePay for public transport only activate it when tapping on gantry?

One day, I will carry a POS machine and come close to all who use ApplePay or G-Pay for public transport. I guess, many of them will have enabled payment already, just waiting to tap on gantry. All you need is a POS machine near their phone and the phone will authorize payment automatically.

Wonderful, right?

Sure, that's the same for any contactless enabled credit card. Even better you just need to wave your POS against their bags.

ice_angel

Reaction score
Change the SIM to non-NFC, simple?

Cost $42++.

Besides, that is just a workaround, not a solution. And my phone got this feature, why should I sacrifice this feature in order to use the simplygo. If Simplygo dev is good, they should try to solve the compatibility issue. Standard practice for all software devs.

chinnian

Reaction score
I think they should just kill off some previous systems like NFC sim etc to focus on only 2.
Credit card and ezlink/flashpay (or any other debit/prepaid system for those without credit card, similar to Suica).

Accomodating too many too confusing, troublesome, memory issue etc etc.

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
Cost $42++.

Besides, that is just a workaround, not a solution. And my phone got this feature, why should I sacrifice this feature in order to use the simplygo. If Simplygo dev is good, they should try to solve the compatibility issue. Standard practice for all software devs.

seems like it's an nfc sim issue rather than a simplygo issue though. since you mentioned it happens for all your contactless payments. if it doesn't bother you that you can't use any mobile payments other than your nfc sim, then it's okay. don't think there are so many benefits to simplygo that you need to pay 40+ dollars to use it.

just an idea, i think if you just report your phone lost to the telco they reissue the sim for free. if you report it as damaged or would like to change it, then it's chargeable

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
ApplePay with fingerprint or face recognition.

Default card or another card for public transport?

I found that it is not easy to use with face recognition and not default card for public transport.

i suggest u can buy Apple Watch.
i tap watch to pay at merchants everyday, long time never use apple pay on iphone.

as for transit, the fastest is still put one ezlink/flashpay card in wallet then tap wallet. u can also put a single credit card with ezlink/flashpay function then this will solve the card clash prob.
as for Mobile ABT, those who have tried it during the pilot test know the tapping experience is not good... lol.

just add all cc to apple pay, then put 1 cc+cepas card in wallet for swipe.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
Discussed before, so which city's Apple Pay on transit system is the best?
London? Even then need to activate Face/Touch ID before approaching the gate.

Japan's Suica? Yes it's best. But it's not credit card. Need to add value to Suica. Added step.

Who else?

samsung pay.
can add credit card as a transit card (still in pilot test), then the usage is similar to suica, tap without authentication.
but for samsung phones u need to tap back cover which is more difficult to tap compared to iphone top area. lol.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually, I don't think I will be making use of the new features. The cards that give better rebates for ABT (ie cimb master platinum, boc qoo10) cannot be added to samsung/apple/google pay.

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually, I don't think I will be making use of the new features. The cards that give better rebates for ABT (ie cimb master platinum, boc qoo10) cannot be added to samsung/apple/google pay.

Same here. CIMB Platinum Master.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.