HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Mastercard tap in TransitLink

Like Tree219Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2018, 06:14 PM   #871

SCB Unlimited continues to work for me without a glitch. Switched from CEPAS mode to bank mode at the beginning of January, and <thankfully> no issues since.
vegavega25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 10:19 PM   #872
High Supremacy Member

Called POSB, the operator asked if I tried my card contactless function with any retailers, which I did not because that card is only for ATB and SP Group recurring billing. POSB will replace this card with a new, same number card, but I need to go to the ATB site to update the new expiry date.

So, just now when I was buying something at NTUC, I tried to pay using this card. The machine cannot read it, fail, and asked to swipe instead. So, it means the contactless function of my card totally died off...... Prior to this, I have had no issue at all... and this is a new card that I just received last year......
chengsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 10:40 PM   #873
High Supremacy Member

So I received my replacement card from POSB.

I added it into my ABT account. But, when I check it on GMT station, I did not see the screen of switching to bank card appear. Do I need to wait, for like 24 hours?
Old 11-04-2018, 12:34 AM   #874

So I received my replacement card from POSB.

I added it into my ABT account. But, when I check it on GMT station, I did not see the screen of switching to bank card appear. Do I need to wait, for like 24 hours?
I remember need to wait for the SMS.
vddgnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:49 AM   #875
Supremacy Member

It shows “bank card”.
A month or two ago my Citi MC stopped working with ABT. Asked MRT staff, ABT CS, Citi CS, all just point fingers at each other.

By coincidence I lost the card and asked for replacement with new number. Registered that new card with ABT and it worked only for a few days then same error20 or whatever. Since then gave up and moved back to ezlink.
deodorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:55 AM   #876
Supremacy Member

A month or two ago my Citi MC stopped working with ABT. Asked MRT staff, ABT CS, Citi CS, all just point fingers at each other.

By coincidence I lost the card and asked for replacement with new number. Registered that new card with ABT and it worked only for a few days then same error20 or whatever. Since then gave up and moved back to ezlink.
You are still so persistent with ABT??? I don't see anyone taps it on the bus anymore.
heng_ah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 10:05 AM   #877
High Supremacy Member

My new card is working fine.

Only hope the mobile trial can be better.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:04 AM   #878

The scheme did not work well. I think the MasterCard applet inside the card registers every entry/exit. If there is an entry without an exit, no one can clear the problem except MasterCard. Not the banks unless the banks issue you a new card. not transitlink, as I think they have no way of clearing the entry without exit in MasterCard system.
fr33d0m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 10:23 PM   #879
Arch-Supremacy Member

ABT stopped working for me abruptly too today, on my POSB card.
tomicaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 05:48 AM   #880

ABT stopped working for me abruptly too today, on my POSB card.
a failure project
demoforce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 10:25 AM   #881

Me too . I tapped out but keep giving error msg. Now they charged me miss exit. Try to submit claim on ABT but it won't work for miss exit . Anyone know how to do it?
hmyoth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 04:10 PM   #882

my POSB on ABT also suddenly stopped last march after 1 year trial.
then I tried in retail shop and the paypass not working anymore.

POSB replaced card for free and my ABT is back to normal. Seems there is max number of paypass/ABT tap ?
revogsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 08:10 PM   #883
High Supremacy Member

POSB everyday card?
I replaced mine last month as the paypass function did not work anymore
Old 06-05-2018, 08:00 PM   #884

My DBS card also stopped working suddenly today. Boarded the bus is fine. But got error when exiting the bus. Card doesn't work anymore on subsequent bus rides.
ahber79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 10:54 PM   #885
Supremacy Member

I have been using Maybank CC for ABT since November. No prob so far
Besides MRT and buses, I also use my CC at Fairprice, Watsons and Guardian with PayPass .... I am fortunate that I didn't encounter issues so far
chiokcc is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.