HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Mastercard tap in TransitLink

Like Tree219Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-10-2018, 10:35 AM   #946

Better to just use EZ-Link or NETS FlashPay.
Old 26-10-2018, 02:15 PM   #947

I have been getting "Missing Entry" and "Missing Exit" at least once a week since beginning of August. This have never happen to me until recently.

Guess ABT is starting to be less reliable.
Use mastercard for bus and use ezlink for mrt
Old 28-10-2018, 12:49 AM   #948

Wow. TXs posted today and all my missing entries and exits auto-reconciled, correctly too. Guess they had the info on their end all along
act333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2018, 10:51 AM   #949
Supremacy Member

Use mastercard for bus and use ezlink for mrt
If you have to transfer between MRT and bus, best to stick with one mode of payment.

Past 1+ month using ABT, seems to have less problem already....
chiokcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2018, 11:43 AM   #950
Supremacy Member

I had quite a few missing entrances/exits and each deduct $1 for such an occurrence. Is it supposed to be $1?
Pardon my ignorance, these missing entrances/exit charges are found under your transaction history?

I was trying to find out if I got wrongly charged too, but cant seem to find such transactions(lucky me?)

Mind sharing how such transaction looks like?
Shinji Kagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2018, 01:15 PM   #951

Pardon my ignorance, these missing entrances/exit charges are found under your transaction history?

I was trying to find out if I got wrongly charged too, but cant seem to find such transactions(lucky me?)

Mind sharing how such transaction looks like?
It will show either a missing entry or a missing exit. As the system does not know the entry or exit, they are not able to charge the exact fare and charge $1 instead. If your ride is more than $1 then you gain.
RangerSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2018, 01:55 PM   #952
Supremacy Member

It will show either a missing entry or a missing exit. As the system does not know the entry or exit, they are not able to charge the exact fare and charge $1 instead. If your ride is more than $1 then you gain.
Thanks, I guess its been so far so good for me. Im using icbc global travel card.
Shinji Kagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2018, 12:08 PM   #953

may i know is it still unreliable? and i have to keep switch between ezlink function and CC function?

say i tap in mrt, tap out mrt, go fairprice want to tap to pay, possible? or i have to go machine change to CC mode to pay in fairpice in order to charge to my CC
dd_se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2018, 12:29 PM   #954

may i know is it still unreliable? and i have to keep switch between ezlink function and CC function?

say i tap in mrt, tap out mrt, go fairprice want to tap to pay, possible? or i have to go machine change to CC mode to pay in fairpice in order to charge to my CC
Still the same, my card spoilt recently.
You can go straight to ntuc to use because they're different wallet.
One is paypass, another is cepas
stylechap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2018, 10:14 PM   #955
Supremacy Member

My Maybank F&F died on me today. After which I try to use its PayPass function at Watsons, also no good.

Called customer service, told me to try using the "smart chip" function for payment and claimed that it may be able to reset the PayPass component. So I went to downstairs Fairprice, neither the "smart chip" nor PayPass work. Meaning the claim was wrong.

Called customer service again, request a new card to be send to me without issue.

One interesting info provided by the first customer service officer is that LTA set a limit on the number of "wave" allowed for bus and MRT rides. I requested this number and I was given "1024".

I did a quick estimate. The previous time I requested a new card when it failed on me was early June. Till today, it's around 5.5 months. I use average 6 tap-in/out a day, so its approximately 6x30x5.5 = 990 for this particular card, which is very near 1024.

Somehow, if this "1024" thingy is true, some how this is killing the card? Just a personal observation.....
Old 21-11-2018, 11:08 AM   #956
Master Member

I have also encountered the ABT not working anymore issue last week. Completely unable to use the card for buses and trains. Even Paypass cannot be used. Called TransitLink and was also informed about the risk management security reason. Had to go to the bank and be re-issued with a brand new card and register the card in the ABT portal and wait couple of days to activate the ABT function.
tkl23786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2018, 11:13 AM   #957
Supremacy Member

i have been using DBS/POSB Mastercards on ABT and so far all 3 cards working fine past 1month +
oceanicmanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2018, 12:33 PM   #958

OCBC has a promo now for 1 month, gonna try ABT for the first time on the Titanium Rewards card.

12 miles per $1.
kashanai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2018, 10:15 PM   #959
Supremacy Member

My Maybank F&F died on me today. After which I try to use its PayPass function at Watsons, also no good.

Called customer service, told me to try using the "smart chip" function for payment and claimed that it may be able to reset the PayPass component. So I went to downstairs Fairprice, neither the "smart chip" nor PayPass work. Meaning the claim was wrong.

Called customer service again, request a new card to be send to me without issue.

One interesting info provided by the first customer service officer is that LTA set a limit on the number of "wave" allowed for bus and MRT rides. I requested this number and I was given "1024".

I did a quick estimate. The previous time I requested a new card when it failed on me was early June. Till today, it's around 5.5 months. I use average 6 tap-in/out a day, so its approximately 6x30x5.5 = 990 for this particular card, which is very near 1024.

Somehow, if this "1024" thingy is true, some how this is killing the card? Just a personal observation.....
Got my replacement card within 3 working days. Countdown to 1024th tap-in/out starts today ....
Old 23-11-2018, 12:05 AM   #960

Got my replacement card within 3 working days. Countdown to 1024th tap-in/out starts today ....
Don't just tap, have a "dip" transaction in between. It resets the counter
JC2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.