HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Mastercard tap in TransitLink

Like Tree219Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-11-2018, 12:49 PM   #991

So, money still goes from bank account

https://www.nets.com.sg/personal/ret...actless-cards/

Simply, NETS in a contactless form. Backend is NETS, frontend is a tap on the NETS terminal. Playing catch-up with Paywave and Masterpass.
dhwang_best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2018, 10:06 PM   #992
High Supremacy Member

dunno huai pilot testing need sooooo long to do
shows the efficiency of the civil service
vbhelper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2018, 10:14 PM   #993
Supremacy Member

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...ts-cardholders

LTA expands contactless payment trial for public transport to Visa, Nets cardholders

SINGAPORE - Visa and Nets cardholders can soon pay for their train and bus rides using their contactless bank cards, with the expansion of a pilot by the Land Transport Authority (LTA) to begin next month.

The LTA, Nets and Visa said in a joint statement on Friday (Nov 30) that the account-based ticketing (ABT) system has seen a successful pilot run with Mastercard since March last year.

Commuters are charged for their public transport rides in their credit or debit card bill, similar to contactless transactions made at retail merchants.

The expansion to include Visa and Nets card holders will allow them to improve the inter-operability of these cards before the LTA introduces the system to all commuters with contactless bank cards, the statement said.

LTA chief executive Ngien Hoon Ping said: "I am confident that the Visa and Nets trials will be equally helpful in fine-tuning the ABT system before we launch it to the public in future."

Commuters with Nets contactless bank cards with DBS/POSB, OCBC and United Overseas Bank (UOB) who are interested in joining the pilot can register at www.nets.com.sg/netsintransit from next Monday.

Visa will be inviting a group of employees and participants from various banks to take part in the pilot.

The participating banks include Bank of China, Citibank, CIMB, DBS, HSBC, ICBC, Maybank, OCBC, Standard Chartered and UOB.

Participants will be informed by Visa or their respective banks to register on the TransitLink ABT Portal or mobile app from next Monday.

Mr Kunal Chatterjee, Visa's country manager for Singapore and Brunei, said that a recent transit study by Visa found that nearly seven in 10 Singaporeans agree that the top benefit of using contactless payment is the convenience it brings.

They added that they no longer need to use cash or top up their stored value cards to pay for their rides.

The LTA, in an update on the Mastercard pilot, said more than 100,000 commuters have made 26 million trips using the ABT system since March 2017. This is an average of over 50,000 trips daily.

One of the pilot users, Ms Adeline Goh, said: "Nowadays, I simply tap my Mastercard at the fare gates, and there is no need to top-up or worry about insufficient balance in my travel card, especially since I have to take a bus to the MRT station to top-up.

"It is also very convenient for me to check my transactions and track my transport expenditure on the TransitLink ABT Portal."

Mastercard users who are interested in signing up for the Mastercard ABT pilot can continue to do so via the TransitLink ABT Portal or mobile app.
chiokcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 04:46 PM   #994

Any promo related to this?

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...ts-cardholders

LTA expands contactless payment trial for public transport to Visa, Nets cardholders

SINGAPORE - Visa and Nets cardholders can soon pay for their train and bus rides using their contactless bank cards, with the expansion of a pilot by the Land Transport Authority (LTA) to begin next month.

The LTA, Nets and Visa said in a joint statement on Friday (Nov 30) that the account-based ticketing (ABT) system has seen a successful pilot run with Mastercard since March last year.

Commuters are charged for their public transport rides in their credit or debit card bill, similar to contactless transactions made at retail merchants.

The expansion to include Visa and Nets card holders will allow them to improve the inter-operability of these cards before the LTA introduces the system to all commuters with contactless bank cards, the statement said.

LTA chief executive Ngien Hoon Ping said: "I am confident that the Visa and Nets trials will be equally helpful in fine-tuning the ABT system before we launch it to the public in future."

Commuters with Nets contactless bank cards with DBS/POSB, OCBC and United Overseas Bank (UOB) who are interested in joining the pilot can register at www.nets.com.sg/netsintransit from next Monday.

Visa will be inviting a group of employees and participants from various banks to take part in the pilot.

The participating banks include Bank of China, Citibank, CIMB, DBS, HSBC, ICBC, Maybank, OCBC, Standard Chartered and UOB.

Participants will be informed by Visa or their respective banks to register on the TransitLink ABT Portal or mobile app from next Monday.

Mr Kunal Chatterjee, Visa's country manager for Singapore and Brunei, said that a recent transit study by Visa found that nearly seven in 10 Singaporeans agree that the top benefit of using contactless payment is the convenience it brings.

They added that they no longer need to use cash or top up their stored value cards to pay for their rides.

The LTA, in an update on the Mastercard pilot, said more than 100,000 commuters have made 26 million trips using the ABT system since March 2017. This is an average of over 50,000 trips daily.

One of the pilot users, Ms Adeline Goh, said: "Nowadays, I simply tap my Mastercard at the fare gates, and there is no need to top-up or worry about insufficient balance in my travel card, especially since I have to take a bus to the MRT station to top-up.

"It is also very convenient for me to check my transactions and track my transport expenditure on the TransitLink ABT Portal."

Mastercard users who are interested in signing up for the Mastercard ABT pilot can continue to do so via the TransitLink ABT Portal or mobile app.
demoforce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 05:13 PM   #995
Supremacy Member

No idea. Think it's available for selected card holders if I read correctly.
chiokcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:01 PM   #996
Supremacy Member

free rides friyays with posb/dbs nets contactless atm card ABT

3 weeks to process registration though
oceanicmanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 09:23 PM   #997

Visa trial only open to bank staffs, not yet released to public.
silverbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 09:52 PM   #998
Arch-Supremacy Member

when will apple pay open to public..
IcYFl4mEz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:39 AM   #999

free rides friyays with posb/dbs nets contactless atm card ABT

3 weeks to process registration though
I have POSB saving account, but do not have their contactless atm card because I am using everyday card for atm
Old 10-12-2018, 09:22 AM   #1000
Supremacy Member

I have POSB saving account, but do not have their contactless atm card because I am using everyday card for atm
can apply at branch, get on the spot, wont affect your everyday card atm

just means u will have 2 atm cards

3 weeks is referring to ABT registration
oceanicmanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2018, 12:36 AM   #1001

https://www.dbs.com.sg/personal/promotion/dbs-visa-abt

for visa trial, the bank staffs are enjoying 10% promo.

so there's likely similar adoption drives by the banks just like when masters was first trialed with promos, so can keep a lookout when public visa trial launches
silverbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2018, 06:13 AM   #1002

https://www.dbs.com.sg/personal/promotion/dbs-visa-abt

for visa trial, the bank staffs are enjoying 10% promo.

so there's likely similar adoption drives by the banks just like when masters was first trialed with promos, so can keep a lookout when public visa trial launches
why dbs need to put something internal for their staff on public website...
Old 18-12-2018, 10:41 PM   #1003
Master Member

Be careful of the contactless limit of each card. After using ABT on my POSB passion (master) from the beginning of the trial, the payment for contactless fail, suddnely error upon tap on gantry, GTM reader and all payment via physical card when using contactless payment mode.

Called POSB to re-issue card, register new card to ABT and use for months and again the contactless limit reach and card fail again.

Long story short: there is a limit count to each card contactless payment, once it reach it will fail for all physical contactless payment mode aka paywave, tap on public transport , also cannot convert back to CEPAS (if you have normal ezlink value inside then too bad as GTM or control station staffs also cannot read the card.

For normal physical withdraw, swipe payment, EMV payment still work and your mobile payment on phones with Apple pay, Google pay and samusng pay and even previously enrolled mobile ABT will still work as it's different virtual card number.
Is ABT causing the cards to fail after x number of taps or all cards have limited number of taps before they conk out? So rubbish, I'm using BOC, if fail they sure take donkey years to reissue my card
hyperbole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2018, 10:46 PM   #1004

Does this limit apply for every contactless transaction or just ABT? So rubbish, I'm using BOC, if fail they sure take donkey years to reissue my card
Contactless payment: paywave (bank told me usually customers don't hit the limit for normal physical contactless payment and by the time new card is issue) but ABT + Normal physical contactless will reach the limit fast as we use it almost everyday and once reach limit, it will be disabled for any physical contactless payment mode.

Mobile contactless not counted as using a different virtual card number.

Bank said to re-issue my 3rd posb passion card so I can use contactless payment, I said forget it I don't use any physical contactless for this card from today onwards and this second card was registered for mobile ABT on my smartphone so if termimate it and change new card troublesome.

PS: Accidentally deleted my post above 🤦🏻*♂️

Last edited by Fellowes; 18-12-2018 at 10:56 PM..
Fellowes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2018, 10:52 PM   #1005
Master Member

Contactless payment: paywave (bank told me usually customers don't hit the limit for normal physical contactless payment and by the time new card is issue) but ABT + Normal physical contactless will reach the limit fast as we use it almost everyday and once reach limit, it will be disabled for any physical contactless payment mode.

Mobile contactless not counted as using a different virtual card number.

PS: Accidentally deleted my post above 🤦🏻*♂️
So it's the card limitations? Any idea how many taps before it dies?
hyperbole is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.