HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Mastercard tap in TransitLink

Like Tree219Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-03-2017, 07:39 PM   #91

My Manhattan card is the old one. There is no paypass function.
paypass is for newly issued card?
which scb mastercard supports paypass?? (edit - the new unlimited cc)

btw "transitlink" apps in hp can see ABT account

Last edited by frustrateddude; 20-03-2017 at 08:02 PM..
frustrateddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 08:04 PM   #92

I just go check online and had a good laugh...

** Your transactions may take up to 3 days to be reflected in your account.
You may view any 7 days of your transactions, up to the last 90 days.
So I don't understand what the issue is on 3 days? When you charge to credit card today you don't expect to see it immediately on Internet Banking ya? Are you planning to validate every day whether the charges from LTA are correct?
JC2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 08:11 PM   #93
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yes.have to strategise when to use.
useful to take express buses to/from town, those trips costs about $2 for me.
Old 20-03-2017, 08:16 PM   #94
Arch-Supremacy Member

My Manhattan card is the old one. There is no paypass function.
Scb recently sent me manhatten world platinum card with paypass.
Trazora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 08:17 PM   #95
Supremacy Member

I think best strategy would be to use SCB card in the beginning of the month until $10 of transactions are done and then start using CIMB. After 3 months stop using SCB and continue using CIMB.

SCB unlimited card is also ezlink card, so there will be additional hassle to disable the Ezlink feature at the SMRT machine. Better to register Manhattan card.

I am wondering why ANZ optimum has still not come up with a promo. May be because they are already a part of DBS
Asphodeli likes this.
revhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 08:19 PM   #96
Arch-Supremacy Member

I think best strategy would be to use SCB card in the beginning of the month until $10 of transactions are done and then start using CIMB. After 3 months stop using SCB and continue using CIMB.

SCB unlimited card is also ezlink card, so there will be additional hassle to disable the Ezlink feature at the SMRT machine. Better to register Manhattan card.

I am wondering why ANZ optimum has still not come up with a promo. May be because they are already a part of DBS
For me I will largely be using same strategy, use SCB to clock $10, then switch to CIMB. Use DBS/POSB for Express bus to town/far locations, but that's a 3x use max only.
Old 20-03-2017, 08:20 PM   #97
Supremacy Member

tHANKS, Trazora!

sO NOW ranking all mc ccs in terms of max cash benefits

1. Everyd (1st 3 rides free)
2. CIMB mc, 10% cashback
3. Maybank mc, 8% casback

Correct me if I'm wrong
SCB 100% cashback provided you stop after $10 in transaction and for 3 months only.
revhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 08:22 PM   #98
Arch-Supremacy Member

Need to go GTM to choose whether u using cepas(ezlink or nfp) or paypass for the registered card.
Asphodeli likes this.
Old 20-03-2017, 08:25 PM   #99
Arch-Supremacy Member

Need to go GTM to choose whether u using cepas(ezlink or nfp) or paypass for the registered card.
Yeah this is extremely important. It applies to ALL cards with ezlink/NETs, have to disable at GTM.
Old 20-03-2017, 08:27 PM   #100
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yeah this is extremely important. It applies to ALL cards with ezlink/NETs, have to disable at GTM.
Not really disable, more like select the payment mode for bus/mrt. Still can use both cepas and paypass for other merchants.
Asphodeli likes this.

Last edited by Trazora; 20-03-2017 at 08:36 PM..
Old 20-03-2017, 08:37 PM   #101
Supremacy Member

Just an update on my post below .

I have not yet carried out step 3 below.

DBS/POSB will send a reminder SMS , one per registered card, to you.
It looks like the following:

"You may now activate your POSB/DBS Mastercard Card ending xxxx at any General Ticketing Machine (located in train stations). Once activated, you can tap and go on buses/trains with Mastercard contactless! Get 100% cashback on the first 3 rides from 20 Mar - 20 Apr 2017. T&Cs apply. Visit posb.com.sg/transit for details."

If you receive this SMS, you can treat it as a confirmation from the bank.

Same here. Just got the TransitLink email.

So the latest sequence is as follows :

1. Sign up for the pilot run via your MasterCard debit/credit card's issuing bank

2. ABT Transit link will send an email to you asking you to " activate" your account.

3. TransitLink will then send to you an email asking you to go to any of the GTMs in any train station. Place your card on the reader and follow the onscreen instructions to physically activate your MasterCard.
Knightoftheblackrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 08:41 PM   #102

Anyone tried tapping it when the card is in your wallet? It's seems that the system cannot detect the card if something is blocking/in between. I have to take out my card and tap it directly.

Btw I'm using UOB MasterCard
curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 08:47 PM   #103
Master Member

WARNING - 'Bank Card Usage' does not work on buses!

Added FEVO card, got email confirmation, went to GTM, activated 'Bank Card Usage' and had no issues with a train ride.

However, couple hours later when tried to use the same card at a bus, it lit with red and got message - 'Bank card not supported'. So had to pay cash.

Had to hike to MRT station tomorrow to disable this @$*(#&*#& and switch back to Ezlink.
invisible999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 09:18 PM   #104

Anyone tried tapping it when the card is in your wallet? It's seems that the system cannot detect the card if something is blocking/in between. I have to take out my card and tap it directly.

Btw I'm using UOB MasterCard
no prob tapping wallet.
if previously use ezlink/flashpay inside wallet, now put mastercard at the same place should work... but need to wait 1-2 sec more.
just make sure u only have 1 contactless card inside your wallet.
Old 20-03-2017, 09:22 PM   #105

no prob tapping wallet.
if previously use ezlink/flashpay inside wallet, now put mastercard at the same place should work... but need to wait 1-2 sec more.
just make sure u only have 1 contactless card inside your wallet.
hmm.. I was using posb cc as my ezlink. I place the card in the same location but it did not work.

My amex card was there when I was using my posb card, maybe i arrange my card again to see how.

Thanks
curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.