HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Mastercard tap in TransitLink

Like Tree219Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-03-2017, 08:44 AM   #121
Master Member

i read we need to activate at GTM machine before using but i cant activate.
IF your card does not support CEPAS, there is no need to "activate" at GTM.
This can be confirmed if the GTM shows a message like "Bank Card Supported" when you place it on the reader.
chuanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2017, 08:47 AM   #122
Master Member

Btw, the system is from TransitLink, not LTA.

So TransitLink have access to the gantry records and they know which card linked to your account (since you need to register), everything is within their own system. I really so not get the rationale of the three day wait. If reflect after one day I still can close one eye accept. Three days is...

It is different from the credit card charge you mentioned because then the transaction data belongs to the payment network (VISA/MasterCard/AMEX/whathaveyous) which is external from the bank.
So I just checked today and yesterday's rides are in liao. Close one eye acceptable
chuanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2017, 08:51 AM   #123

Just to check, anyone has successfully added your FEVO card into the transitlink account?
Yes I added my M1 successfully yesterday and received an email confirmation stating I have to go to GTM on 23rd Mar to activate it.
worldrally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2017, 09:26 AM   #124
Supremacy Member

My Manhattan card is this wave logo. This one generally means contactless payment mode I guess (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contactless_payment)

Visa is payWave and MasterCard is PayPass.
Ya, that symbol shows it is contactless payment enabled card.

VISA PayWave is not eligible. Only MasterCard Contactless (rebranded, was MasterCard PayPass).

lohsenglte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2017, 10:44 AM   #125
Master Member

So I don't understand what the issue is on 3 days? When you charge to credit card today you don't expect to see it immediately on Internet Banking ya? Are you planning to validate every day whether the charges from LTA are correct?
The issue is when you make transactions with credit cards, you know what is the amount you paid.

With this, you don't.

I validate every trip because I've been overcharged more times than I can count. It's a few cents each time, but can you imagine if they do it to millions of ppl everyday which they probably do?
Old 21-03-2017, 11:12 AM   #126

since it's contactless payment, I actually wonder if anyone tried using apple pay?
drumma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2017, 11:14 AM   #127
Master Member

since it's contactless payment, I actually wonder if anyone tried using apple pay?
I don't think can. You have to register your card number, but you can't do it with mobile payments cos the number is virtual.

Probably in the pipeline though, since I see an icon for "virtual device" under payment methods in the portal
Old 21-03-2017, 11:17 AM   #128

The issue is when you make transactions with credit cards, you know what is the amount you paid.

With this, you don't.

I validate every trip because I've been overcharged more times than I can count. It's a few cents each time, but can you imagine if they do it to millions of ppl everyday which they probably do?
You chase back every trip from Ezlink daily?
Tormented Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2017, 11:21 AM   #129
Master Member

You chase back every trip from Ezlink daily?
Only when they overcharge me.
Old 21-03-2017, 12:32 PM   #130

With this, you don't.

The 3 days won't make a difference on this. Plus here you can potentially get the bank to dispute
JC2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2017, 01:18 PM   #131
Master Member

I just did the activation for my 3 DBS/POSB Mastercards at the MRT's GTM machine .

I confirm that this is a necessary step before you can start using your MasterCard Debit or Credit Card to pay for your rides.

The default mode for all my 3 cards was " CEPAS" mode, aka EZLINK.

You have to manually change it to " BANK MODE" at the GTM Terminal.

Even if you are not a POSB/DBS card holder, if you are a KS Sinkie (like me ! , I suggest checking out the payment mode of your card at the GTM Terminal.

Hope this post helps anyone out there.
Knightoftheblackrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2017, 01:49 PM   #132
Honorary Member

I just did the activation for my 3 DBS/POSB Mastercards at the MRT's GTM machine .

I confirm that this is a necessary step before you can start using your MasterCard Debit or Credit Card to pay for your rides.

The default mode for all my 3 cards was " CEPAS" mode, aka EZLINK.

You have to manually change it to " BANK MODE" at the GTM Terminal.

Even if you are not a POSB/DBS card holder, if you are a KS Sinkie (like me ! , I suggest checking out the payment mode of your card at the GTM Terminal.

Hope this post helps anyone out there.

Why you fill up all 3 slots with DBS mc cards?
Btw, the 1st 3 rides free is only applicable for one card user, not per card.

You should switch to SCB MAN cc immediately after you've tapped 3x wif your DBS mc cc.
Old 21-03-2017, 05:07 PM   #133

my manhattan dont have any logo. so the older version of the manhattan (without paypass) cannot use?

edited - yes cannot use if don't have the paypass logo

Last edited by Verbatin; 21-03-2017 at 05:13 PM..
Verbatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2017, 05:24 PM   #134

actually using GTM to "activate" is just to switch between CEPAS and BANK mode.
this is only applicable to credit cards with ezlink/flashpay.
it's stated in the FAQ or guides.
for credit cards without cepas function, once u recv the confirmation email (there are 2 diff ver), they will tell u to start using it immediately.
Old 21-03-2017, 06:27 PM   #135

I went to get back my stored refund via ATM as mine is a Debit Card and hence cancel the Netsflashpay function.

When I put the card on the GTM reader to activate the card after receiving the SMS, it says Purse Disabled.

Anyone can advice? I went to the passenger service centre and ticket office they also cannot help. Thanks.
htc_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.