HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

MCO Crypto Visa Card (Strictly no referral!)

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2019, 12:16 AM   #166
Master Member

I think it's avail.
There is a pop-up at bottom of the main page

Yup, not available yet. Supposedly October so few more weeks to go..
foozgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 12:18 AM   #167
Master Member

Oh really.
I don't need 500USD.
Just wanna test say 50bucks.

Anyone tried TW/IR?
There should be some kinda fees involved using the above two platform

500usd is for swift transfers. You can try instarem/transferwise, no minimum amount. Some are trying revolut to transfer in as well, and have successfully transferred with no fees
Old 09-10-2019, 06:09 AM   #168
Supremacy Member

Oh really.
I don't need 500USD.
Just wanna test say 50bucks.

Anyone tried TW/IR?
There should be some kinda fees involved using the above two platform
InstaReM has some slight fees - you can view it on their website. Tried it with no issues, and deposit takes around 1-2 days.

First deposit takes longer though (~3 days).
JuniorLion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 06:33 AM   #169
Master Member

why would anyone use such a card which requires staking is really out of my mind.

The drop in MCO token price is not enough to cover your Netflix sub, whatever cashbacks and whatever MCO gives you as rebates... lol. Don't be Penny Wise but Pound Foolish.

Anyone who took the Black card staking back in Jun will see a substantial loss of more than 50% in token price which I believed no amount of rebates, cashbacks or free subscriptions can cover. I am talking abt more than $150k loss here
Hafi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 07:51 AM   #170
Supremacy Member

why would anyone use such a card which requires staking is really out of my mind.

The drop in MCO token price is not enough to cover your Netflix sub, whatever cashbacks and whatever MCO gives you as rebates... lol. Don't be Penny Wise but Pound Foolish.

Anyone who took the Black card staking back in Jun will see a substantial loss of more than 50% in token price which I believed no amount of rebates, cashbacks or free subscriptions can cover. I am talking abt more than $150k loss here
Indeed. I certainly don't recommend getting Black Card unless the price is USD$0.50.

People who do this are people who can stomach volatility.
Old 09-10-2019, 09:03 AM   #171
Master Member

InstaReM has some slight fees - you can view it on their website. Tried it with no issues, and deposit takes around 1-2 days.

First deposit takes longer though (~3 days).
how much did you transfer?
in SGD or USD?

also, their receiving bank is a UK barclays bank right?
Old 09-10-2019, 11:40 AM   #172

I think it's avail.
There is a pop-up at bottom of the main page
What pop-up are you referring to? I do not see it at the app home page, or I might have missed it if it is a one-time only notification.
linuskltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 12:40 AM   #173

Yup, really depends when you entered and how long you can stomach the volatility. Staking has to be held for a minimum of 6 months, so its a paper loss till then. After 6 months, you can unstake and sell the tokens and realise the loss, or hold on if you've faith in the project. Crypto markets are volatile so what the price will be in the next few months is anyone's guess
wescgw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 01:47 AM   #174

Just gotten the card. Tried using it topup my ezlink with the card at translink machine where you can tap but it doesn't work even though I have enough SGD value. Not sure why ��
petshijie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 05:38 AM   #175
Supremacy Member

Just gotten the card. Tried using it topup my ezlink with the card at translink machine where you can tap but it doesn't work even though I have enough SGD value. Not sure why ******************
You cannot top up EzLink at the machine. Only can do it with the Ezlink App.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:57 AM   #176

You cannot top up EzLink at the machine. Only can do it with the Ezlink App.
Ah i see. I tried with the Ezlink app as well but keep getting redirected to hooks.stripe and fail I don't think it works
petshijie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 11:07 AM   #177

Ah i see. I tried with the Ezlink app as well but keep getting redirected to hooks.stripe and fail I don't think it works
Yup, needs 3DS for the ezlink app to work. You can tap it directly for transport but can't top up ezlink for now. Still waiting for 3DS!
wescgw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 12:28 PM   #178
Arch-Supremacy Member

just got the card, staked.
and applied for spotify.

But still not sure what to use the card for..
any ideas?

just realise need a min 500usd to fund the card?
Good for spending at places (Gov, hospitals,ezlink...)where cashback is excluded by other cards.

Good for spend in foreign currency up to your limit without extra charges. If your cashback is 2%, add the forex charges + VISA/MC charges by other cards 2.5-3%, equivalent to 4.5-5% cashback if you use other cards.
Only problem now is you need to have min 4.5 MCO (given as cashback) to sell, but they said they will remove the minimum soon.
koreanlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 12:39 PM   #179

MCO can take a backseat while Grab MasterCard is the king now.
dexboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 05:57 PM   #180

MCO can take a backseat while Grab MasterCard is the king now.
Any reason why. Don't have grab card now.
PippingCafe is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.