NETSPay

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
NETS just launched their NETSPay app.

POSB has a promo for this

Do share your experience which merchants accept this new method. After so many years of NETS FP still so many merchants say terminal spoilt cannot accept.

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
don't complain
3x more reliable already
just bad luck it's buggy on launch day
someone let us down

ixoral

Reaction score
I can't add my nets card into IOS too. i thought my bank pin is wrong. but that should be our ATm pin right?

elnewbie

Reaction score
Who failed us ? Can the Finance Minister clarify ?

Also, will this team have their annual bonus deducted ??

dexboi

Master Member
Reaction score
ERRROOORRRRR adding my DBS atm card. uninstalled.

cui ttm. No QC at all. SG is really going downhill.

dexboi

Master Member
Reaction score
NETS could have done this way earlier with our local banks instead of each bank coming up with their own version PayLah, PayAnyone, PayNow, DASH etc. (just look at where China is now with just 1 app - WeChat).

Set up roadshows to print free QR codes for businesses to stick on their storefront, help consumers to get started and give incentives/promo codes to promote usage etc.

Too little too late la. Failed on launch day, just like the Downtown Line. Is this suppose to be a trend???

Last edited:

cynic_

Reaction score
NETS could have done this way earlier with our local banks instead of each bank coming up with their own version PayLah, PayAnyone, PayNow, DASH etc. (just look at where China is now with just 1 app - WeChat).

Set up roadshows to print free QR codes for businesses to stick on their storefront, help consumers to get started and give incentives/promo codes to promote usage etc.

Too little too late la. Failed on launch day, just like the Downtown Line. Is this suppose to be a trend???

Small quibble - PayNow is actually bank-agnostic. All banks can use PayNow, it's not specific to any one bank.

i-Movies

Reaction score
it is not an error, i think it means 'system busy'. i tried a couple of times and finally went thru.

vegavega25

Reaction score
Honest question: what is this app good for?

Is it meant for places that currently accept NETS and not credit cards?

My sense is that these places have relatively simple POS machines where I can input the 6-digit PIN after the merchant has inserted my NETS card into a machine at his/her end, but perhaps these machines already have the contactless NFC capability that this app requires built in?

And if they did, the NFC in those POS terminals is meant exclusively for NETS cards, and not Visa Paywave/Mastercard Paypass/Android Pay, is it?

Or they will now or in the future all get little QR stickers stuck on them?

Sorry, but I find this multitude of mobile wallets/payment mechanisms in Singapore quite confusing. Having said that, I very much welcome any prospect of paying via a credit card at places that currently only accept NETS but not credit cards.

If this app is a substitute for NETS-based debit cards and in fact offers the ability to link a credit card instead of a debit card, then I'm on board.

dexboi

Master Member
Reaction score
i would also just take the $5 and run. but i don't even know where i can use this NETSpay thingy.

Seriously, what's the point of this when it's not unifying payments. Cashier will be more confused and will just simply say machine spoil.

No NETSpay or minimum $20 to use NETS. hahahaha.

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
i would also just take the $5 and run. but i don't even know where i can use this NETSpay thingy.

Seriously, what's the point of this when it's not unifying payments. Cashier will be more confused and will just simply say machine spoil.

No NETSpay or minimum $20 to use NETS. hahahaha.

Ya agree. I always hear machine spoil when I wanna use NETS fp. But somehow the same machine not spoilt for NETS

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.