HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

OCBC OCBC 90N Card - 8 miles/$

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-08-2019, 10:20 AM   #46

hmm just apply this card thru ocbc internet banking. and get approved straight away and get the card next 2 to 3 working days ....
very fast. sms me detail for the card num to add in apps wallets....
received the card ytd.... apply on 26th afternoon and receive on 28th very fast.... thumb up!

Last edited by guards80; 29-08-2019 at 10:24 AM..
guards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2019, 04:23 PM   #47
Supremacy Member

received the card ytd.... apply on 26th afternoon and receive on 28th very fast.... thumb up!
still no news on my card - how weird. it seems some very fast, some very slow
geekroute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2019, 04:30 PM   #48

Is GRAB top-up considered as the local spend (earning 1.2 mile)?
a80241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2019, 09:40 PM   #49

hmmm maybe for existing CC customer will be faster?
guards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2019, 10:17 PM   #50

1) your website state instant approval using myinfo and even same day delivery If application is submitted and approved by 12pm. I saw that it state 5 days for approval if apply by going down to the bank to submit the documents.

2) hence I apply using my info (And OCBC did pull out my record from my info on 27 aug) and after apply for the card, it state 5 days to get back (no different from going down to the bank to give paper doc for application) which is already mismatched with instant approval. There was also no email acknowledgement on card application.

3) I left comment here about this (as I have a upcoming trip which I would like to use your card for my trip booking, I do have other cards that I can use) and you ask me to drop a private msg for a call back.

4) your service executive called me today telling me that the application is still under review (no mention of why the delay or if additional info is required) and when I ask how long this will take, she say it will take 7 days (which I take it from today) to get back. Am already not impressed with the 5 days wait and now it is 7 days wait.

Furthermore, seem like I am not the only one to encounter such delay.

I have apply for other card using my info for other bank (new customer to the bank too) and got instant approval. If you cannot deliver on instant approval, please do not mislead customers by asking them to use my info and not even giving a email or sms acknowledgement that the card application had been received and is under review.

This is not looking good (for a new customer).

Hi all,

Do drop us a private message with your bank registered mobile number. We will arrange for our service executive to call and check on your application status.

While using MyInfo allows the customer to complete and receive their application outcome in a shorter time, from time to time, our teams would still be required to review the information submitted, including information provided that may not have been taken from MyInfo.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

^DG

Last edited by happydog999; 29-08-2019 at 10:25 PM..
happydog999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2019, 12:23 PM   #51
Featured Sponsor for Money Mind, EDMW

1) your website state instant approval using myinfo and even same day delivery If application is submitted and approved by 12pm. I saw that it state 5 days for approval if apply by going down to the bank to submit the documents.

2) hence I apply using my info (And OCBC did pull out my record from my info on 27 aug) and after apply for the card, it state 5 days to get back (no different from going down to the bank to give paper doc for application) which is already mismatched with instant approval. There was also no email acknowledgement on card application.

3) I left comment here about this (as I have a upcoming trip which I would like to use your card for my trip booking, I do have other cards that I can use) and you ask me to drop a private msg for a call back.

4) your service executive called me today telling me that the application is still under review (no mention of why the delay or if additional info is required) and when I ask how long this will take, she say it will take 7 days (which I take it from today) to get back. Am already not impressed with the 5 days wait and now it is 7 days wait.

Furthermore, seem like I am not the only one to encounter such delay.

I have apply for other card using my info for other bank (new customer to the bank too) and got instant approval. If you cannot deliver on instant approval, please do not mislead customers by asking them to use my info and not even giving a email or sms acknowledgement that the card application had been received and is under review.

This is not looking good (for a new customer).
Hi happydog999

Thanks for the post & feedback. And for taking the time to speak to us

The offer for online instant approval is genuine. However, some applicantions may require more time to be reviewed and approved. You can also refer to "Important Notices" on 90N site for more info: https://www.ocbc.com/personal-bankin...es-n-card.html

Please be assured our team is looking into your application urgently. We understand you may need to use the card asap, and we would like you to be able to have it soon too.

^Sh

OCBC Bank: Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
OCBC Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2019, 12:40 PM   #52

Is GRAB top-up considered as the local spend (earning 1.2 mile)?
Hey there

Top up of prepaid accounts like EZ-Link, NETS FlashPay, YouTrip & Grab-pay top up, will not earn Travel$

^Sh

Old 30-08-2019, 12:41 PM   #53

Hi geekroute

Would you like us to check on the status for you? Drop us a PM =)

^Sh

Old 30-08-2019, 03:23 PM   #54
Supremacy Member

How long for the travel$ to show on the account?

I got 1 amazon transaction that had already posted but travel$ still 0.

how ya?

Tks

Last edited by djr81; 30-08-2019 at 03:37 PM..
djr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2019, 04:26 PM   #55

How long for the travel$ to show on the account?

I got 1 amazon transaction that had already posted but travel$ still 0.

how ya?

Tks
Hi there,

Travel$ should be credited to your account when the transaction is posted. Could you drop us a PM and advise us on your bank registered mobile number, the Amazon transaction transacted and posted date?

Thank you.

^DG

Old 30-08-2019, 04:28 PM   #56
Supremacy Member

Hi geekroute

Would you like us to check on the status for you? Drop us a PM =)

^Sh
I have called up your call centre and my application status is still under review.
Can't believe its taking this long when i'm an existing credit card holder - its a shared limit after all
geekroute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2019, 05:08 PM   #57

I applied today via MyInfo, after the website spin so long, then say wait 5 days, no instant approval. Also did not even received any SMS or email, not even sure if my application went through. So I tried a 2nd time in case my phone number or email was wrong... Same outcome... Very poorly implemented - now I still dunno if they received my application or not.

Also... don't have option to apply sub card at the same time?

By the way, use on MRT will get TRAVEL$?

EDIT: Received the SMS and approved Liao...

Last edited by oahiyeel; 30-08-2019 at 05:36 PM..
oahiyeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2019, 05:38 PM   #58

I applied today via MyInfo, after the website spin so long, then say wait 5 days, no instant approval. Also did not even received any SMS or email, not even sure if my application went through. So I tried a 2nd time in case my phone number or email was wrong... Same outcome... Very poorly implemented - now I still dunno if they received my application or not.

Also... don't have option to apply sub card at the same time?

By the way, use on MRT will get TRAVEL$?
UOB and OCBC I experienced the same thing as you. No "application received" SMS or Email when applying for their cards. UOB approved and sent me my card with no SMS; I just randomly received it a few days later.

For this card, I had to call OCBC to ask about my application status, which to my disbelief was rejected. (I'm new-to-bank customer with OCBC so no existing cards with them)...now just waiting for appeal after talking to the CSO
RocketAbyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2019, 06:15 PM   #59
Supremacy Member

Followup call was prompt. But bad news is my application was rejected as there were duplicated application which could be the reason. Was expecting fuss free sign up since I'm already holding on to existing cards. Likely won't be able to receive this card before my trip next sat

UOB existing sign up is fast thou

UOB and OCBC I experienced the same thing as you. No "application received" SMS or Email when applying for their cards. UOB approved and sent me my card with no SMS; I just randomly received it a few days later.

For this card, I had to call OCBC to ask about my application status, which to my disbelief was rejected. (I'm new-to-bank customer with OCBC so no existing cards with them)...now just waiting for appeal after talking to the CSO
MaoZeDuo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2019, 12:50 PM   #60

Hey there

Top up of prepaid accounts like EZ-Link, NETS FlashPay, YouTrip & Grab-pay top up, will not earn Travel$

^Sh
Hi. How about topping up overseas wallet(ie. Grabpay MY)?. Does this count as FCY as well?
GZ_rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.