HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

OCBC Titanium Mastercard

Like Tree174Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-09-2018, 12:41 PM   #1531
Featured Sponsor for Money Mind, EDMW

Hi OCBC,

May I confirm again that buying things like lamps and other electronic household appliances at Ikea will give me 10x points even though Ikea's MCC is not classified under the eligible category for 10x points
Hi biodraft,

That is right. If you do not receive the 10X OCBC$ automatically for your eligible purchases by the end of the following month, do drop us a private message.

^DG

OCBC Bank: Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
OCBC Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2018, 12:43 PM   #1532

Hi OCBC!

My July 9x OCBC$ has some discrepancy. It is lesser than what I had calculated. I made almost all transactions through google pay which means i should get 9x OCBC$
Hi there,

Please drop us a private message with your contact number. We will arrange for our service executive to call and assist you with your OCBC$ calculation, and to check on the discrepancy.

^DG

Old 14-09-2018, 12:44 PM   #1533
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi biodraft,

That is right. If you do not receive the 10X OCBC$ automatically for your eligible purchases by the end of the following month, do drop us a private message.

^DG
I believe Mustsfa MCC is not catagorised under the eligible category too. If I buy a tv from Mustafa, technically I should be receiving 10X too right?

Same concept as Ikea.
biodraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2018, 02:21 PM   #1534

Hi both,

Purchases made at Singtel or other Telco will not be eligible for 10X OCBC$.

^DG
Does OCBC consider handphones to be electronics or gadgets for appeal?
thegiantmarshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2018, 02:29 PM   #1535
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi biodraft,

^DG
How does OCBC know how much of a card transaction is for electronic items or non-electronic item? Such info isn't and shouldn't be made known to the bank right?
Trazora is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2018, 03:18 PM   #1536

Hi OCBC, can reply this

hi OCBC, can elaborate abit here as compared to the Ikea scenario.

you mention if purchasing electronic items at Ikea, it can be 10X points and if not given you can write in with the receipt showing the item purchased.

why don't you award 10X points for purchase iPhone which is a electronic item? i undstd if custs are using it to pay for accessories or other misc items in the telco shop is not 10X surely, but iPhones/device purchase not considered for electronics?

do clear the air here.
kashanai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2018, 03:45 PM   #1537

you mention if purchasing electronic items at Ikea, it can be 10X points and if not given you can write in with the receipt showing the item purchased.

why don't you award 10X points for purchase iPhone which is a electronic item? i undstd if custs are using it to pay for accessories or other misc items in the telco shop is not 10X surely, but iPhones/device purchase not considered for electronics?

do clear the air here.
Hi biodraft,

^DG
Hi OCBC, you have not addressed my query but answered another Ikea question for another member. Please clarify as I am sure many here are looking to this clarity and explanation, where we are looking with reference to your example for Ikea electronics purchases.

Last edited by silverbomb; 14-09-2018 at 03:48 PM..
silverbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2018, 06:42 PM   #1538

Hi OCBC,

If I was to purchase a iphone on the Apple store app with Apple Pay option, am I still able to get 10x OCBC$
wwee01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2018, 06:52 PM   #1539

Scroll below, don’t need Apple Pay , use physical card confirm for 10X

Hi OCBC,

If I was to purchase a iphone on the Apple store app with Apple Pay option, am I still able to get 10x OCBC$
kashanai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2018, 07:58 PM   #1540

Scroll below, donít need Apple Pay , use physical card confirm for 10X
Understand that...but because I paid by Apple Pay already...was thinking if this way will work if not I would have wasted the points..
wwee01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2018, 04:36 PM   #1541

Will like to understand this as well
Does OCBC consider handphones to be electronics or gadgets for appeal?
How does OCBC know how much of a card transaction is for electronic items or non-electronic item? Such info isn't and shouldn't be made known to the bank right?
Hi OCBC, can reply this
Hi OCBC, you have not addressed my query but answered another Ikea question for another member. Please clarify as I am sure many here are looking to this clarity and explanation, where we are looking with reference to your example for Ikea electronics purchases.

Hi all,

In general, 10x OCBC$ will be awarded on the eligible MCCs and purchases from Telcos do not qualify as such.

Transactions made are automatically categorised according to the Merchant Category Code (MCC) of the store, and the MCC determines whether the transaction is eligible for additional rewards.

Transactions made in eligible categories from merchants with ineligible MCC such as Ikea is an exception & we apologise but we will not be able to extend the additional OCBC$ for purchases made at Telcos.

Buying an iPhone from Telcos will not receive 10x OCBC$ as they are not in the list of eligible categories and MCCs, they are classified as telecommunications.

^CC

Old 17-09-2018, 04:46 PM   #1542

Hi OCBC,

Hi there,

Purchases via mobile pay will not be eligible for 10x OCBC$.

Moreover, iPhone is classified as telecommunications & hence does not fall under any of the eligible MCC or categories.

^CC

- - -

Edited:

19/09/2018

Hi all, we apologise for the misinformation in our reply. Do allow us to clarify that iPhone is not classified as telecommunications.

Singtel, M1, Circles Life, StarHub, MyRepublic are some examples of telecommunications merchants.

Purchasing mobile phones from these merchants will not be eligible for 10X OCBC$.

Mobile payment is granted 10X OCBC$, if the merchants' MCC is as what is shown in the Terms & Conditions (https://www.ocbc.com/assets/pdf/card...ons.pdf?rand=1).

For purchasing of iPhone via Apple store (physical/online/online app), it will be granted 10X OCBC$.

^DG

Last edited by OCBC Bank; 19-09-2018 at 11:52 AM..
Old 17-09-2018, 05:06 PM   #1543

do clear the air here.
Hi there,

In general, 10x OCBC$ will be awarded on the eligible MCCs and purchases from Telcos do not qualify as such.

Transactions made are automatically categorised according to the Merchant Category Code (MCC) of the store, and the MCC determines whether the transaction is eligible for additional rewards.

Transactions made in eligible categories from merchants with ineligible MCC such as Ikea is an exception & we apologise but we will not be able to extend the additional OCBC$ for purchases made at Telcos.

Buying an iPhone from Telcos will not receive 10x OCBC$ as they are not in the list of eligible categories and MCCs, they are classified as telecommunications.

^CC

Old 17-09-2018, 11:55 PM   #1544

Hi there,

^CC
Hi OCBC, so why is buying iPhone from Apple Store, best denki not considered 'telecommunications'?
silverbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2018, 12:10 AM   #1545

Hi OCBC, so why is buying iPhone from Apple Store, best denki not considered 'telecommunications'?
Because those are electronics store and not TELECOM???

Anything thatís government, school, financial services released or telco normally donít earn points de.

If you buy a phone from Apple store you are buying a phone. If you visit a telco, you are signing a plan + installments + upfront fees for a phone.

Just buy the phone directly from Apple la if you want the point. Itís only 1.6k. Better than paying installment to telco

Last edited by helloworld321; 18-09-2018 at 12:18 AM..
helloworld321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.