www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Credit Cards & Line of Credit facilities (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/credit-cards-line-credit-facilities-243/)
-   -   OCBC Titanium Mastercard (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/credit-cards-line-credit-facilities-243/ocbc-titanium-mastercard-3616565.html)

gnooliew 30-12-2016 06:36 PM

How useful is this revamped card? More for shopping. Doesn't look that suitable to be a generic or everyday use card. 365 card seems better for that purpose.

IcYFl4mEz 30-12-2016 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OCBC Bank (Post 105400070)
Hi vince123123,

Thank you for getting in touch.

For Apple Pay, the limit on old terminals is up to a $100, while new terminals can transact more than a $100. The same applies for Samsung Pay NFC.

For Samsung Pay MST, it would be up to your card/spending limit.

^WX

Hi, are you sure apple pay can go above $100? Any reference for the "new terminals" ? compared to old.

elnewbie 30-12-2016 11:01 PM

I've tested this myself at Best Denki. They are using the new terminals. I charged $1300 one shot using Paywave.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IcYFl4mEz (Post 105529342)
Hi, are you sure apple pay can go above $100? Any reference for the "new terminals" ? compared to old.

Bobbyss 03-01-2017 12:48 PM

does this card still give 2 miles / $ for foreign transactions?

vince123123 03-01-2017 05:44 PM

How do the "new terminals" look like compared to the "old terminals"?

Quote:

Originally Posted by elnewbie (Post 105531851)
I've tested this myself at Best Denki. They are using the new terminals. I charged $1300 one shot using Paywave.

elnewbie 03-01-2017 08:15 PM

It looks much newer. I'm serious.

The older machines look very faded and "worn".

The newer machines have the LED panel lighted up.

So far, I've seen the newer terminals issued by DBS and OCBC. UOB also seems to have a newer terminal with the "Mighty Pay" sticker but most merchants don't allow to use it if you are not using a physical UOB Paywave card.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vince123123 (Post 105597505)
How do the "new terminals" look like compared to the "old terminals"?

ska13a 03-01-2017 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elnewbie (Post 105600037)

So far, I've seen the newer terminals issued by DBS and OCBC. UOB also seems to have a newer terminal with the "Mighty Pay" sticker but most merchants don't allow to use it if you are not using a physical UOB Paywave card.

uob new paywave machine is like a usb number pad style?
look very special?
the only merchant having it is at singtel, cant recall other yet.
you can stand at singtel cashier to see.

this paywave is just like any other, no restriction on the card use

dunmesswifme 03-01-2017 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OCBC Bank (Post 105331882)
Hi purpletoysmum,

The rewards of the Titanium MasterCard and the Titanium Rewards card are different.

In order to enjoy the same benefits, customers will have to apply for the new card.

Do note that all application will be subject to review and approval.

Should you require further clarification, do drop us a PM.

^DG

I've been spending on the "old" card for 2 months before realising that the new benefits don't apply. This isn't made clear on your website or your press ads. This isn't the right way to treat your existing clients.

purpletoysmum 03-01-2017 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunmesswifme (Post 105602646)
I've been spending on the "old" card for 2 months before realising that the new benefits don't apply. This isn't made clear on your website or your press ads. This isn't the right way to treat your existing clients.

I agree. It is not made clear that they are 2 completely different products. Moreover, it takes a long time to process and send the new card even though applied through internet banking and already an existing customer of the bank.

vince123123 04-01-2017 11:39 AM

Hahah I see. I have been trying to notice the outward appearance of terminals for quite some time trying to figure out which can acccept Samsung Pay + CitiRewards last year. But this "new" terminals could be something I have not seen before. If you encounter it again, could you take a photo for us? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by elnewbie (Post 105600037)

OCBC Bank 04-01-2017 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobbyss (Post 105591840)
does this card still give 2 miles / $ for foreign transactions?

Hi Bobbyss,

With effect from 1 December 2016, the OCBC Titanium Bonus Miles Programme will no longer be available.

Every S$1 in foreign currency transaction will earn 1 OCBC$ instead of 3 OCBC$.

^DG

OCBC Bank 04-01-2017 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunmesswifme (Post 105602646)

Hi there,

Thanks for the feedback. We have shared this with the relevant department.

Should you require any clarification between the benefits of the cards, do drop us a PM.

^DG

OCBC Bank 04-01-2017 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpletoysmum (Post 105603165)
I agree. It is not made clear that they are 2 completely different products. Moreover, it takes a long time to process and send the new card even though applied through internet banking and already an existing customer of the bank.

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback. We have shared this with the relevant department.

We could help to check on your application. Do drop us a PM with your contact details.

^DG

lavenderblues 05-01-2017 12:49 AM

Was just checking through my statement, seems like this card doesn't earn 10 on shopee. Citi rewards earns 10 on shopee though.

Yachtmaster 05-01-2017 01:17 AM

Beware of using ocbc cards. When u call the hotline, u may experience something like below:

https://www.facebook.com/9gag/videos/10155260087931840/