HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

OCBC Titanium Mastercard

Like Tree173Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-12-2016, 06:36 PM   #151

How useful is this revamped card? More for shopping. Doesn't look that suitable to be a generic or everyday use card. 365 card seems better for that purpose.
gnooliew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2016, 08:21 PM   #152
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi vince123123,

Thank you for getting in touch.

For Apple Pay, the limit on old terminals is up to a $100, while new terminals can transact more than a $100. The same applies for Samsung Pay NFC.

For Samsung Pay MST, it would be up to your card/spending limit.

^WX
Hi, are you sure apple pay can go above $100? Any reference for the "new terminals" ? compared to old.
IcYFl4mEz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2016, 11:01 PM   #153

I've tested this myself at Best Denki. They are using the new terminals. I charged $1300 one shot using Paywave.

Hi, are you sure apple pay can go above $100? Any reference for the "new terminals" ? compared to old.
elnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 12:48 PM   #154

does this card still give 2 miles / $ for foreign transactions?
Bobbyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 05:44 PM   #155

How do the "new terminals" look like compared to the "old terminals"?

I've tested this myself at Best Denki. They are using the new terminals. I charged $1300 one shot using Paywave.
vince123123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 08:15 PM   #156

It looks much newer. I'm serious.

The older machines look very faded and "worn".

The newer machines have the LED panel lighted up.

So far, I've seen the newer terminals issued by DBS and OCBC. UOB also seems to have a newer terminal with the "Mighty Pay" sticker but most merchants don't allow to use it if you are not using a physical UOB Paywave card.

How do the "new terminals" look like compared to the "old terminals"?
elnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 08:20 PM   #157

So far, I've seen the newer terminals issued by DBS and OCBC. UOB also seems to have a newer terminal with the "Mighty Pay" sticker but most merchants don't allow to use it if you are not using a physical UOB Paywave card.
uob new paywave machine is like a usb number pad style?
look very special?
the only merchant having it is at singtel, cant recall other yet.
you can stand at singtel cashier to see.

this paywave is just like any other, no restriction on the card use
ska13a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:43 PM   #158

Hi purpletoysmum,

The rewards of the Titanium MasterCard and the Titanium Rewards card are different.

In order to enjoy the same benefits, customers will have to apply for the new card.

Do note that all application will be subject to review and approval.

Should you require further clarification, do drop us a PM.

^DG
I've been spending on the "old" card for 2 months before realising that the new benefits don't apply. This isn't made clear on your website or your press ads. This isn't the right way to treat your existing clients.
dunmesswifme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 11:11 PM   #159

I've been spending on the "old" card for 2 months before realising that the new benefits don't apply. This isn't made clear on your website or your press ads. This isn't the right way to treat your existing clients.
I agree. It is not made clear that they are 2 completely different products. Moreover, it takes a long time to process and send the new card even though applied through internet banking and already an existing customer of the bank.
purpletoysmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 11:39 AM   #160

Hahah I see. I have been trying to notice the outward appearance of terminals for quite some time trying to figure out which can acccept Samsung Pay + CitiRewards last year. But this "new" terminals could be something I have not seen before. If you encounter it again, could you take a photo for us?

vince123123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 11:46 AM   #161
Featured Sponsor for Money Mind, EDMW

does this card still give 2 miles / $ for foreign transactions?
Hi Bobbyss,

With effect from 1 December 2016, the OCBC Titanium Bonus Miles Programme will no longer be available.

Every S$1 in foreign currency transaction will earn 1 OCBC$ instead of 3 OCBC$.

^DG

OCBC Bank: Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
OCBC Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 01:11 PM   #162

Hi there,

Thanks for the feedback. We have shared this with the relevant department.

Should you require any clarification between the benefits of the cards, do drop us a PM.

^DG

Old 04-01-2017, 01:16 PM   #163

I agree. It is not made clear that they are 2 completely different products. Moreover, it takes a long time to process and send the new card even though applied through internet banking and already an existing customer of the bank.
Hi,

Thank you for the feedback. We have shared this with the relevant department.

We could help to check on your application. Do drop us a PM with your contact details.

^DG

Old 05-01-2017, 12:49 AM   #164

Was just checking through my statement, seems like this card doesn't earn 10◊ on shopee. Citi rewards earns 10◊ on shopee though.
lavenderblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 01:17 AM   #165

Beware of using ocbc cards. When u call the hotline, u may experience something like below:

https://www.facebook.com/9gag/videos/10155260087931840/
Yachtmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.