www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Credit Cards & Line of Credit facilities (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/credit-cards-line-credit-facilities-243/)
-   -   OCBC Titanium Mastercard (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/credit-cards-line-credit-facilities-243/ocbc-titanium-mastercard-3616565.html)

zIpdIsK 31-03-2017 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inix (Post 106681358)
OCBC Bank,

Do you know if the bank will continue the promotion for the 10X points for mobile transactions?

Just checked the website.
It has been extended for half a year till 30th Sept 2017.
yeah!

leogeo 01-04-2017 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zIpdIsK (Post 107189074)
yeah!

awesome news!!

fuschia 01-04-2017 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zIpdIsK (Post 107189074)
yeah!

Yeah, great! I removed OCBC card as my default samsung pay card this morning. Going to put it back. :)

lavenderblues 03-04-2017 03:43 PM

Just got to know that my Qoo10 didn't get awarded 10X. The previous time it was awarded. And also big box electronic store. The name in the transaction was big box electronics though. I'm emailing them back again. I told them off no merchant will tell us or even know the MCC. I did try to ask back points when I used my Citibank rewards when I shopped at Chanel in Europe. End up they credit back. I think OCBC should be more transparent about such transactions or just provide us with the merchants directly instead of us asking them. I will stick to Samsung pay for now but it can get a bit irritating when merchants don't know that Samsung pay can be done via MST.

elnewbie 03-04-2017 05:37 PM

FYI, if you read my earlier posts, the SamsungPay transactions were not getting the 10x.

My ApplePay transactions were getting the 10X. Also, ApplePay can be used for more than $100 per transaction. I used ApplePay at Best Denki, bought a $300 item

Quote:

Originally Posted by lavenderblues (Post 107244118)
Just got to know that my Qoo10 didn't get awarded 10X. The previous time it was awarded. And also big box electronic store. The name in the transaction was big box electronics though. I'm emailing them back again. I told them off no merchant will tell us or even know the MCC. I did try to ask back points when I used my Citibank rewards when I shopped at Chanel in Europe. End up they credit back. I think OCBC should be more transparent about such transactions or just provide us with the merchants directly instead of us asking them. I will stick to Samsung pay for now but it can get a bit irritating when merchants don't know that Samsung pay can be done via MST.

OCBC Bank 03-04-2017 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lavenderblues (Post 107244118)

Hi lavenderblues,

We came across your post and thought to share that the bank identifies transactions and their categories via codes assigned by Visa. Eligible transactions would qualify for 10 X OCBC$ as long as the transactions fall under the accepted Merchant Category Code (MCC) as listed out in our terms and conditions. We wish also to share that merchantsí MCCs are assigned to the merchants by the acquiring bank based on guidelines provided by the card association in which OCBC does not have control over.

We note that you will also be emailing us again on this matter.

^WX

lavenderblues 03-04-2017 09:22 PM

Hi, for me, I got 10X for all my Samsung pay transactions. And I use Samsung pay in gain city using their paywave terminals as well for huge purchases and have no problem at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by elnewbie (Post 107246119)
FYI, if you read my earlier posts, the SamsungPay transactions were not getting the 10x.

My ApplePay transactions were getting the 10X. Also, ApplePay can be used for more than $100 per transaction. I used ApplePay at Best Denki, bought a $300 item

lavenderblues 05-04-2017 12:33 PM

I received my latest statement and the 9X points doesn't tally yet again. OCBC, if you're reading this, do you know how frustrating it is as a customer to keep emailing in to check and verify the missing points? I never had such issues with my dbs women's and Citibank rewards!

elnewbie 05-04-2017 01:38 PM

Did u have any SamsungPay transactions via MST ? Those were where my missing points went.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lavenderblues (Post 107278207)
I received my latest statement and the 9X points doesn't tally yet again. OCBC, if you're reading this, do you know how frustrating it is as a customer to keep emailing in to check and verify the missing points? I never had such issues with my dbs women's and Citibank rewards!

Tyrhung 05-04-2017 02:01 PM

Quote:

If only all the banks point system is as convenient and detailed as Citibank. Bonus posted together with base, and shows allocation by transaction.

fuschia 05-04-2017 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrhung (Post 107279701)
If only all the banks point system is as convenient and detailed as Citibank. Bonus posted together with base, and shows allocation by transaction.

Second that!

lavenderblues 05-04-2017 03:51 PM

Yes, I have. It's a mixture of both via paywave as well as MST.

Quote:

Originally Posted by elnewbie (Post 107279255)
Did u have any SamsungPay transactions via MST ? Those were where my missing points went.

OCBC Bank 05-04-2017 05:46 PM

Quote:

Hi lavenderblues,

You should earn 10X OCBC$ if the transaction was made via mobile payments or if the transactions are under the MCC categories as shown in our T&Cs.

For each 10X OCBC$ reward earned, 1 OCBC$ will be posted to the Card Account with every S$1 successfully charged to the Card Account. The remaining 9 OCBC$ will be posted to the Card Account by the end of the next calendar month, following the relevant transaction posting date.

https://www.ocbc.com/assets/pdf/card...ons.pdf?rand=1

We apologise for any inconvenience caused should you not have been credited with the right amount of OCBC$. We noted that you have dropped us an email.

^DG

elnewbie 05-04-2017 07:47 PM

The CSO can confirm on the spot if you're getting the 9X for the MST transactions. I didn't get mine for my February MST transactions.

For MST, the amounts are usually quite significant, hence it's very obvious when the 9X points are not credited.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lavenderblues (Post 107281925)
Yes, I have. It's a mixture of both via paywave as well as MST.

lavenderblues 05-04-2017 10:06 PM

That's what I hate about OCBC. They keep repeating the same thing that we already know. We just want our points credited for the transactions that's all!

Quote:

Originally Posted by OCBC Bank (Post 107284377)
Hi lavenderblues,

You should earn 10X OCBC$ if the transaction was made via mobile payments or if the transactions are under the MCC categories as shown in our T&Cs.

For each 10X OCBC$ reward earned, 1 OCBC$ will be posted to the Card Account with every S$1 successfully charged to the Card Account. The remaining 9 OCBC$ will be posted to the Card Account by the end of the next calendar month, following the relevant transaction posting date.

https://www.ocbc.com/assets/pdf/card...ons.pdf?rand=1

We apologise for any inconvenience caused should you not have been credited with the right amount of OCBC$. We noted that you have dropped us an email.

^DG