www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Credit Cards & Line of Credit facilities (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/credit-cards-line-credit-facilities-243/)
-   -   OCBC Titanium Mastercard (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/credit-cards-line-credit-facilities-243/ocbc-titanium-mastercard-3616565.html)

vishnusux 07-05-2017 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by czheyuan (Post 107838809)
I am having this same issue as well, including for the "Personal Care" category where I had bought things from Guardian. All my apple pay transactions and personal care transactions didn't get 10x.



They told me the same thing too. I actually had to spend 30mins explaining what the 10x mean instead of them explaining to me. She went to check with her bosses who also said the same thing. I even had to tell them to look at past few months statements which I had no issue getting 10x for mobile payments but they say no such thing :s11: OCBC CSO is really cmi now.


Yeah after all that nonsense about transparency in advertising, they're giving us this kind of explanation. Lost faith in OCBC

OCBC Bank 08-05-2017 12:09 PM

Hi all,

We would like to clarify that the Titanium Rewards card will entitle cardholders to 10X Rewards for transactions that falls under the MCC as stated in the T&Cs (https://www.ocbc.com/assets/pdf/card...ons.pdf?rand=1)

Till 30th September 2017, cardholders will also be eligible to 10X Rewards for:

- Transactions made at Personal Care retail establishments under "MCC 5912: Drug Stores and Pharmacies"

- Mobile Payments (Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Android Pay)
Transactions that are entitled to 10X Rewards for its' MCC categorisation will not be entitled to the 10X Rewards for mobile payments.

We apologise for the misinformation given when some of you called in to speak to our service executives.

Should you require further clarification, please drop us a PM with your query, as well as your contact details.

Thank you.

^DG

laurent_rio 08-05-2017 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vishnusux (Post 107857096)
Yeah after all that nonsense about transparency in advertising, they're giving us this kind of explanation. Lost faith in OCBC

Why you all risk yourself with all of OCBC things when there are card outside that give similar benefit without problems.

swordspirit 08-05-2017 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OCBC Bank (Post 107880144)
Hi all,

We would like to clarify that the Titanium Rewards card will entitle cardholders to 10X Rewards for transactions that falls under the MCC as stated in the T&Cs (https://www.ocbc.com/assets/pdf/card...ons.pdf?rand=1)

Till 30th September 2017, cardholders will also be eligible to 10X Rewards for:

- Transactions made at Personal Care retail establishments under "MCC 5912: Drug Stores and Pharmacies"

- Mobile Payments (Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Android Pay)
Transactions that are entitled to 10X Rewards for its' MCC categorisation will not be entitled to the 10X Rewards for mobile payments.

We apologise for the misinformation given when some of you called in to speak to our service executives.

Should you require further clarification, please drop us a PM with your query, as well as your contact details.

Thank you.

^DG

Hi. I guess people here are quite clear that mobile payments (samsung pay, apple pay) qualify for 10x rewards points. Problem is the system is not auto crediting the additional 9x rewards points and need to call in to chase for it. Further, the CSOs appears to be clueless about this.

What is the action that OCBC going to do? auto credit the rewards points or we still need to individually call in for it? What about those people who dont check their statements?

vince123123 08-05-2017 03:21 PM

just speaking about banks in general. that's one of the problems - when customer make mistake (late in payment), customer have to pay interest. when bank make mistake, nothing happens until customer does something. even then, still could be nothing happening.

i suppose however some banks are willing to waive interest charges in cases of genuine oversight so perhaps customers can be more accommodating as part of give and take. But for those banks who do not...hmmmm...

in summary, inequality in bargaining position puts onus of everything on the customer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordspirit (Post 107881005)
auto credit the rewards points or we still need to individually call in for it? What about those people who dont check their statements?


mojojoel 08-05-2017 04:10 PM

Yea, OCBC's CSO for credit card issues really CMI.

Missing points, said will investigate and call back, nada.

elnewbie 08-05-2017 04:31 PM

Hi OCBC

The issue here is that many of us are not getting the bonus points at the end of the 2nd month for all SamsungPay transactions.

Every month I have to call in to complain about not getting bonus points for the previous month's SamsungPay transactions.

Can you imagine how much time is wasted by everyone (customers and CSO) to have these missing points credited ?

Wouldn't fixing this system issue be a much more efficient solution ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by OCBC Bank (Post 107880144)
Hi all,

We would like to clarify that the Titanium Rewards card will entitle cardholders to 10X Rewards for transactions that falls under the MCC as stated in the T&Cs (https://www.ocbc.com/assets/pdf/card...ons.pdf?rand=1)

Till 30th September 2017, cardholders will also be eligible to 10X Rewards for:

- Transactions made at Personal Care retail establishments under "MCC 5912: Drug Stores and Pharmacies"

- Mobile Payments (Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Android Pay)
Transactions that are entitled to 10X Rewards for its' MCC categorisation will not be entitled to the 10X Rewards for mobile payments.

We apologise for the misinformation given when some of you called in to speak to our service executives.

Should you require further clarification, please drop us a PM with your query, as well as your contact details.

Thank you.

^DG


leogeo 08-05-2017 11:22 PM

i don't think it is only samsung pay that was affected. my txns on apple pay for the month of Mar only got me '1092 adjusted pts' when I should have been expecting 2664 pts. Not sure how the 1092 was derived - it is not even divisble by 9

leogeo 08-05-2017 11:24 PM

by the way, the bonus pts are awarded based on txn month spend right? So if I made the txn on 1 Mar (even though it appeared in my Feb statement), the bonus pts should be awarded by end Apr?

leogeo 08-05-2017 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordspirit (Post 107881005)
Hi. I guess people here are quite clear that mobile payments (samsung pay, apple pay) qualify for 10x rewards points. Problem is the system is not auto crediting the additional 9x rewards points and need to call in to chase for it. Further, the CSOs appears to be clueless about this.

What is the action that OCBC going to do? auto credit the rewards points or we still need to individually call in for it? What about those people who dont check their statements?

i'm on the phone with their CSO now and he seems clueless about my query on missing bonus pts.

he says that the MCC for my Mar-17 mobile payments do not fall within the eligible MCC list.

I see a 7058 prefixed to all my mobile (apple pay) txns in my statement. I presume txns with this prefix are all eligible for the 9x bonus pts because my pts were all awarded correctly for spend in Feb.

I suppose many others are facing this same issue?

vishnusux 09-05-2017 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leogeo (Post 107893939)
i'm on the phone with their CSO now and he seems clueless about my query on missing bonus pts.

he says that the MCC for my Mar-17 mobile payments do not fall within the eligible MCC list.

I see a 7058 prefixed to all my mobile (apple pay) txns in my statement. I presume txns with this prefix are all eligible for the 9x bonus pts because my pts were all awarded correctly for spend in Feb.

I suppose many others are facing this same issue?

Yeah precisely, they still don't seem to understand that mobile payments qualify for 10X points regardless of MCC for this promotion. And the system is not crediting us properly for this as well.

Hope OCBC can see that it's a widespread issue for mobile payments where they're shortchanging customers and fix it entirely, instead of waiting for customers to complain about it. For now, complaining to CSOs seem pretty futile as well

nick3384me 09-05-2017 09:31 AM

OCBC CSO also not clear about the term and condition of promotion

swordspirit 09-05-2017 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leogeo (Post 107893939)
i'm on the phone with their CSO now and he seems clueless about my query on missing bonus pts.

he says that the MCC for my Mar-17 mobile payments do not fall within the eligible MCC list.

I see a 7058 prefixed to all my mobile (apple pay) txns in my statement. I presume txns with this prefix are all eligible for the 9x bonus pts because my pts were all awarded correctly for spend in Feb.

I suppose many others are facing this same issue?

the 4 digits u see is the last 4 digits of the virtual card in apple pay or samsung pay. that way, u know that it is payment using that apple pay or samsung pay.

leogeo 10-05-2017 01:12 AM

Ooh. Thanks for clarifying. All the more proof that payment was made via mobile and that OCBC should grant us the correct bonus pts

CSO said will call me to follow up today (Tuesday). Already past midnight and no call from him (Prakash).

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordspirit (Post 107903627)
the 4 digits u see is the last 4 digits of the virtual card in apple pay or samsung pay. that way, u know that it is payment using that apple pay or samsung pay.


fuschia 10-05-2017 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leogeo (Post 107916293)
Ooh. Thanks for clarifying. All the more proof that payment was made via mobile and that OCBC should grant us the correct bonus pts

CSO said will call me to follow up today (Tuesday). Already past midnight and no call from him (Prakash).

I couldn't tally my 9x bonus points for Mar transactions and found out quite a number of my samsung pay transactions (those not under the 10x points categories) were not accorded the 9x bonus. Something must be wrong with OCBC's system. How could so many of us encounter the same error.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 11:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.