HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

OCBC Titanium Mastercard

Like Tree177Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-12-2019, 11:32 AM   #2836

Hi can I check if the following retail stores are eligible for 10x?

Apple store online
Xiaomi
Challenger
Maybe this will help. Says they all have MCC 5732 and are included. Having experienced too many OCBC exclusions I only use this card with the merchants specifically listed on the OCBC website and don't try my luck with MCC roulette.

https://www.whatcard.sg/?amount=5.0&q=apple
https://www.whatcard.sg/?amount=5.0&q=xiaomi
https://www.whatcard.sg/?amount=5.0&q=challenger
someusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2019, 12:15 PM   #2837
Supremacy Member

Thanks for sic

Maybe this will help. Says they all have MCC 5732 and are included. Having experienced too many OCBC exclusions I only use this card with the merchants specifically listed on the OCBC website and don't try my luck with MCC roulette.

https://www.whatcard.sg/?amount=5.0&q=apple
https://www.whatcard.sg/?amount=5.0&q=xiaomi
https://www.whatcard.sg/?amount=5.0&q=challenger
MaoZeDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2019, 12:20 PM   #2838
Supremacy Member

Tbh I signed up titanium only recently cos i see OCBC so steady to advise eligibility for transactions which is not usually transparent to consumers... but now become template reply liao...
Old 23-12-2019, 12:38 PM   #2839

Tbh I signed up titanium only recently cos i see OCBC so steady to advise eligibility for transactions which is not usually transparent to consumers... but now become template reply liao...
Just keep the card inside your drawer, and remember to cancel it before end of 2nd year
justwakeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2019, 12:47 PM   #2840

Mothercare eligible for bonus points?

Hi, can i check of purchases at mothercare qualify for the bonus points? Thank you.
Iceman1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2019, 03:09 PM   #2841
High Supremacy Member

Anyone here ever get AF waived even if annual spend is less than 10k?
eliteFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2019, 03:20 PM   #2842

Anyone here ever get AF waived even if annual spend is less than 10k?
Yes, get my AF waive after request waiver over phone system
nick3384me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2019, 04:44 PM   #2843
Featured Sponsor for Money Mind, EDMW

Hi, can i check of purchases at mothercare qualify for the bonus points? Thank you.
Hi all,

10x OCBC$ are automatically awarded for transactions made at merchants that fall within the MCCs OR one of the selected merchants that we recognise.

The Bank has no discretion over the MCC codes as they are assigned by payment card organisations such as Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. We are only able to tell what the MCC of a merchant is only after a transaction is made.

To avoid providing inaccurate information about MCCs to customers, we will no longer be able to advise on the merchant MCC.

In the months ahead, we will be adding new merchants that can earn 10x OCBC$ as well – do watch out for our announcements.

^DG

OCBC Bank: Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
OCBC Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2019, 10:48 PM   #2844
Supremacy Member

Nice to know. Thanks

Hi all,

10x OCBC$ are automatically awarded for transactions made at merchants that fall within the MCCs OR one of the selected merchants that we recognise.

The Bank has no discretion over the MCC codes as they are assigned by payment card organisations such as Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. We are only able to tell what the MCC of a merchant is only after a transaction is made.

To avoid providing inaccurate information about MCCs to customers, we will no longer be able to advise on the merchant MCC.

In the months ahead, we will be adding new merchants that can earn 10x OCBC$ as well – do watch out for our announcements.

^DG
Old 24-12-2019, 05:35 AM   #2845

https://www.wxxtcxxd.sg/?amount=5.0&q=apple
https://www.wxxtcxxd.sg/?amount=5.0&q=xiaomi
https://www.wxxtcxxd.sg/?amount=5.0&q=challenger
One of those merchants isn't MCC 5732, and that website has a track record of throwing 💩against a wall and hoping something sticks.
CrashWire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2019, 12:05 PM   #2846
Supremacy Member

Halo OCBC

so Apple store and Apple Online will earn 10x right?

Tks
David
djr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2019, 03:21 PM   #2847
Featured Sponsor for Money Mind, EDMW

Halo OCBC

so Apple store and Apple Online will earn 10x right?

Tks
David
Hi David,

10x OCBC$ are automatically awarded for transactions made at merchants that have the following MCC:

MCC 5311 Departmental Stores
MCC 5611 Men's and Boy's Clothing and Accessories Stores
MCC 5621 Women's Ready to Wear Stores
MCC 5631 Women's Accessories and Specialities Stores
MCC 5641 Children's and Infant's Wear Stores
MCC 5651 Family Clothing Stores
MCC 5661 Shoe Stores
MCC 5691 Men's and Women's Clothing Stores
MCC 5045 Computers, Peripherals, and Software
MCC 5732 Electronic Stores
MCC 5699 Miscellaneous Apparel and Accessory Shop

Besides the above, we will also award 10x OCBC$ for transactions made at the following merchants:

Alibaba
Daigou
Mustafa Centre
AliExpress
Ezbuy
Qoo10
Amazon
IKEA
Shopee
Courts
Lazada
Taobao

^DG

OCBC Bank: Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
OCBC Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2019, 04:09 PM   #2848
Supremacy Member

But u should be able to since is a OCBC TI Mastercard. So does it earn x 10 reward?

Tks

Hi David,

10x OCBC$ are automatically awarded for transactions made at merchants that have the following MCC:

MCC 5311 Departmental Stores
MCC 5611 Men's and Boy's Clothing and Accessories Stores
MCC 5621 Women's Ready to Wear Stores
MCC 5631 Women's Accessories and Specialities Stores
MCC 5641 Children's and Infant's Wear Stores
MCC 5651 Family Clothing Stores
MCC 5661 Shoe Stores
MCC 5691 Men's and Women's Clothing Stores
MCC 5045 Computers, Peripherals, and Software
MCC 5732 Electronic Stores
MCC 5699 Miscellaneous Apparel and Accessory Shop

Besides the above, we will also award 10x OCBC$ for transactions made at the following merchants:

Alibaba
Daigou
Mustafa Centre
AliExpress
Ezbuy
Qoo10
Amazon
IKEA
Shopee
Courts
Lazada
Taobao

^DG
Old 26-12-2019, 04:16 PM   #2849
Arch-Supremacy Member

But u should be able to since is a OCBC TI Mastercard. So does it earn x 10 reward?

Tks
OCBC telling you they cannot tell u for sure whether there is 10x points. They cannot even advise based on recent transaction at the specific merchant because they got backfired when they advised so previously and people did not get 10x points maybe because there may be more than one MCC at different branches of a merchant or the MCC changed when you making the transaction.

Last edited by Trazora; 26-12-2019 at 04:23 PM..
Trazora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2019, 04:22 PM   #2850
Supremacy Member

OCBC telling you they cannot tell u for sure whether there is 10x points or not in case the MCC change when u make the transaction.
i know wat ocbc trying to say..but it should not change wat? since they have so many transaction go thru their system 1 click already can see wat..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.