www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Credit Cards & Line of Credit facilities (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/credit-cards-line-credit-facilities-243/)
-   -   OCBC Titanium Mastercard (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/credit-cards-line-credit-facilities-243/ocbc-titanium-mastercard-3616565.html)

elnewbie 10-05-2017 10:24 PM

This has been discussed in the last few pages of this thread. The problem has been there since Day 1, not just from March.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuschia (Post 107931497)
I couldn't tally my 9x bonus points for Mar transactions and found out quite a number of my samsung pay transactions (those not under the 10x points categories) were not accorded the 9x bonus. Something must be wrong with OCBC's system. How could so many of us encounter the same error.

OCBC Bank 11-05-2017 01:40 PM

Hi All,

Thank you for your feedback and we apologise for the inconvenience caused.

We are aware of this issue. It is caused by a technical problem on the merchantís acquirer, where the right values are not being sent for some mobile transactions, resulting in issues with awarding 10XOCBC$ for mobile payment transactions.

While the merchant acquirer is working on a fix, we are testing an interim solution that should go into effect next week.

In the meantime, should you come across any discrepancies in your rewards point, please call our hotline at 1800 363 3333.

Thank you.

^WX

elnewbie 11-05-2017 05:24 PM

Please ensure you do comprehensive testing.

Here are some UAT scenarios

1. SamsungPay with MST
2. SamsungPay with NFC Paywave UOB terminals
3. Samsung Pay with NFC Paywave DBS terminals
4. Samsung Pay with NFC Paywave OCBC terminals

5. Applepay with UOB terminals
6 Applepay with DBS terminals
7. Applepay with OCBC terminals

8. Android Pay with UOB terminals
9. Android Pay with OCBC terminals
10. Android Pay with DBS terminals.

Above all, please re-educate your CSOs that ALL mobile payments, regardless of merchant category are entitled to 10X.

It is tiring for us to explain to your CSOs what is clearly stated in the Terms and Conditions for this promo.

Thank you.
Quote:

Originally Posted by OCBC Bank (Post 107944765)
Hi All,

Thank you for your feedback and we apologise for the inconvenience caused.

We are aware of this issue. It is caused by a technical problem on the merchant’s acquirer, where the right values are not being sent for some mobile transactions, resulting in issues with awarding 10XOCBC$ for mobile payment transactions.

While the merchant acquirer is working on a fix, we are testing an interim solution that should go into effect next week.

In the meantime, should you come across any discrepancies in your rewards point, please call our hotline at 1800 363 3333.

Thank you.

^WX

fuschia 11-05-2017 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elnewbie (Post 107933709)
This has been discussed in the last few pages of this thread. The problem has been there since Day 1, not just from March.

Yes, read about the discussion. Just that my missing 9x bonus for mobile payments only started for March transactions.

swordspirit 11-05-2017 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuschia (Post 107950668)
Yes, read about the discussion. Just that my missing 9x bonus for mobile payments only started for March transactions.

If it is only from mar, i suspect problem is somebody just conveniently update the system without checking

leogeo 11-05-2017 07:39 PM

Same. I only had issues from Mar transactions. But as OCBC clarified above it is a fault on their end.

What they did not mention was when its is expected to be fixed and how/when the missing points will be credited.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuschia (Post 107950668)

leogeo 11-05-2017 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elnewbie (Post 107949553)
Above all, please re-educate your CSOs that ALL mobile payments, regardless of merchant category are entitled to 10X.

It is tiring for us to explain to your CSOs what is clearly stated in the Terms and Conditions for this promo.

Thank you.

agreed! Today cso called back and tried telling me my mobile payments were not under the eligible MCCs. Grrr. I had to ask him to refer to the TnCs again.

OCBC Bank 12-05-2017 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leogeo (Post 107952159)
Same. I only had issues from Mar transactions. But as OCBC clarified above it is a fault on their end.

What they did not mention was when its is expected to be fixed and how/when the missing points will be credited.

Quote:

Originally Posted by leogeo (Post 107952185)
agreed! Today cso called back and tried telling me my mobile payments were not under the eligible MCCs. Grrr. I had to ask him to refer to the TnCs again.

Hi leogeo,

We apologise for the misinformation provided by our service executive.

Could you drop us a PM with your contact details? We would like to look into the matter.

Thank you.

^DG

sebastgt 14-05-2017 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leogeo (Post 107952159)

My missing points have been credited, you can check yours.

fairylord 15-05-2017 01:02 AM

Am I entitled to 10x points if I were to use this card to fund my offshore online broker trading account? What is the expenses imposed from bank side?

Thanks

elnewbie 15-05-2017 01:19 PM

Nope. It has to be within the certain MCC categories: babies and children, department stores, shoes, bags, electronics. They are very strict on this. Even Courts is ineligible as Courts is classified as a Furniture store whereas Best Denki is considered electronics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairylord (Post 108015054)
Am I entitled to 10x points if I were to use this card to fund my offshore online broker trading account? What is the expenses imposed from bank side?

Thanks

leogeo 15-05-2017 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sebastgt (Post 107999748)
My missing points have been credited, you can check yours.

where to check unless i wait for next statement?

fairylord 16-05-2017 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elnewbie (Post 108023243)
Nope. It has to be within the certain MCC categories: babies and children, department stores, shoes, bags, electronics. They are very strict on this. Even Courts is ineligible as Courts is classified as a Furniture store whereas Best Denki is considered electronics.

Thanks, mate. .It seems non of the ocbc cards I have enjoy anything in brokerage spending.

laurent_rio 16-05-2017 10:40 AM

Hi OCBC,

For Mustafa Centre, is it considered Department stores MCC 5311 ?

OCBC Bank 16-05-2017 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laurent_rio (Post 108040990)
Hi OCBC,

For Mustafa Centre, is it considered Department stores MCC 5311 ?

Hi laurent_rio

A merchantís Merchant Category Code (MCC) is assigned to a merchant by their acquiring bank which OCBC does not have control over.

We can only advise on the MCC when the transaction has been made. If you have made the transaction, and would like to check on it's MCC, do give us a call at 1800 363 3333. Our service executives will be able to look into your transactions and advise.

^DG