HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

OCBC Titanium Mastercard

Like Tree183Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2020, 10:31 AM   #3031

Hi there,

Bonus OCBC$ is given based on the MCC of the merchant.
We do not have visibility over what the MCC is, until a transaction has been made.

MCC is determined by the card associations (Mastercard / VISA), and is not within OCBC's control.

If you have made a transaction, and would like to check on it, please call our hotline at 1800 363 3333.

^DG
OCBC Bank,

Under your OCBC Rewards Terms & Conditions Point 4.13: If it is subsequently discovered that a Cardmember (whether by fraud or otherwise) has redeemed more Rewards Vouchers than he / she is entitled to, the Bank has the absolute right to charge such Cardmember and such Cardmember agrees to be liable to the Bank for the face value of any additional Rewards Voucher or goods redeemed by him / her.

https://internet.ocbc.com/rewards/Terms

I would like to check with you if it was a redemption for KrisFlyer miles, what is the value of each KrisFlyer mile you are going to charge to the cardmember? KrisFlyer mile does not have a face value, hence please share with us the value you are going to charge to the cardmember in order to be transparent.

Thank you.

Last edited by the.guru; 03-09-2020 at 10:39 AM..
the.guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 05:30 PM   #3032
Featured Sponsor for Money Mind, EDMW

OCBC Bank,

Under your OCBC Rewards Terms & Conditions Point 4.13: If it is subsequently discovered that a Cardmember (whether by fraud or otherwise) has redeemed more Rewards Vouchers than he / she is entitled to, the Bank has the absolute right to charge such Cardmember and such Cardmember agrees to be liable to the Bank for the face value of any additional Rewards Voucher or goods redeemed by him / her.

I would like to check with you if it was a redemption for KrisFlyer miles, what is the value of each KrisFlyer mile you are going to charge to the cardmember? KrisFlyer mile does not have a face value, hence please share with us the value you are going to charge to the cardmember in order to be transparent.

Thank you.
We are checking on this, and will get back to you asap.

^DG

OCBC Bank: Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
OCBC Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 04:53 PM   #3033

OCBC Bank,

Thank you.
Hi there,

We received your query on another thread as well, and have replied there.

To share here as well, the relevant value is guided by the cost of the rewards and/or the cost of the programme of which information may be proprietary due to commercial and competitive reasons.

We seek the your understanding that we are unable to avail more information in a public forum.

Please be assured that the bank has the customerís interest at heart and will work with the relevant cardmember if and when such a scenario happen.

^DG

Old 08-09-2020, 07:43 PM   #3034

fellow titanium users, what do you use the points for?
Old 15-09-2020, 11:00 AM   #3035

fellow titanium users, what do you use the points for?
used to be for miles....now just keeping it as it is since havent expire...
likeastar0418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2020, 01:43 PM   #3036

Just redeem expiring points to 2x10000 KF miles & cash credits $20
nick3384me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2020, 06:59 PM   #3037

Normally you all collect until how many points before redeeming it?
uniquely_ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2020, 04:15 PM   #3038

Hi there,

Can I check is there bonus miles on
1. Crate and barrel
2. BALLY PHOTO ELECTRO

& what does the code -1049 means in my credit card statement?
And the bonus miles will be accumulated in the next calendar month right?
Cheese1209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2020, 10:27 AM   #3039

Hi there,

Can I check is there bonus miles on
1. Crate and barrel
2. BALLY PHOTO ELECTRO

& what does the code -1049 means in my credit card statement?
And the bonus miles will be accumulated in the next calendar month right?
Hi there,

It will depend on the Merchant Category Code (MCC) coming in for those transactions. We will only be able to check a merchant's MCC after the purchase is charged to the card. Our service executives will be able to do a check on the MCC, once you have made the transaction.

For a check on the code on your credit card statement, please give us a call to 1800 363 3333 or drop us a secured mail via ibanking for a check.

The bonus miles will be credited by the end of the following month.

^XF

Old 29-09-2020, 05:52 PM   #3040

Hi OCBC,

Can I still appeal for 10x points if the MCC code is not within the list. But itís for electronic items at a shop that sells photography product.
Cheese1209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2020, 09:59 AM   #3041

Hi OCBC,

Can I still appeal for 10x points if the MCC code is not within the list. But itís for electronic items at a shop that sells photography product.
Hi Cheese1209,

10X OCBC$ will only be awarded for transactions made with merchants that is in the eligible MCC listing.

^DG

Old 02-10-2020, 10:01 AM   #3042

Hi OCBC,

Can i check whether this merchant is eligible for 10x OCBC$ under OCBC Titanium Rewards Credit Card?

Absolute Bedding Pte Ltd

Thank you.
nothing.sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 03:13 PM   #3043

Hi OCBC,

Can i check whether this merchant is eligible for 10x OCBC$ under OCBC Titanium Rewards Credit Card?

Absolute Bedding Pte Ltd

Thank you.
Hi there,

It will be dependent on the MCC of the merchant, which is determined by the card associations (Mastercard / VISA), and is not within OCBC's control.

We won't be able to tell what the MCC of a merchant is, until a transaction has been made. If you have made the transaction, and would like us to look into it, please drop us a PM with your mobile number.

For the Titanium Rewards card, bonus OCBC$ will be eligible to the following MCC:

To earn Bonus OCBC$, retail transactions made locally or overseas must fall within any of the following MCCs:

MCC 5311 Departmental Stores
MCC 5611 Men's and Boys' Clothing and Accessories Stores
MCC 5621 Women's Ready to Wear Stores
MCC 5631 Women's Accessory and Speciality Stores
MCC 5641 Children's and Infants' Wear Stores
MCC 5651 Family Clothing Stores
MCC 5661 Shoe Stores
MCC 5691 Men's and Women's Clothing Stores
MCC 5045 Computers, Peripherals, and Software
MCC 5732 Electronics Stores
MCC 5699 Miscellaneous Apparel and Accessory Shops

And these merchants:

Alibaba
Daigou
Mustafa Centre
AliExpress
Ezbuy
Qoo10
Amazon
IKEA
Shopee
Courts
Lazada
Taobao

^DG

Old 03-10-2020, 11:30 AM   #3044

Hi, may I check if transactions at Muji are awarded 10x OCBC$ ?

Thanks in advance.
filmmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 11:56 AM   #3045

Hi, may I check if transactions at Muji are awarded 10x OCBC$ ?

Thanks in advance.
Hi there,

It will be dependent on the MCC of the merchant, which is determined by the card associations (Mastercard / VISA), and is not within OCBC's control.

We won't be able to tell what the MCC of a merchant is, until a transaction has been made. If you have made the transaction, and would like us to look into it, please drop us a PM with your mobile number.

For the Titanium Rewards card, bonus OCBC$ will be eligible to the following MCC:

To earn Bonus OCBC$, retail transactions made locally or overseas must fall within any of the following MCCs:

MCC 5311 Departmental Stores
MCC 5611 Men's and Boys' Clothing and Accessories Stores
MCC 5621 Women's Ready to Wear Stores
MCC 5631 Women's Accessory and Speciality Stores
MCC 5641 Children's and Infants' Wear Stores
MCC 5651 Family Clothing Stores
MCC 5661 Shoe Stores
MCC 5691 Men's and Women's Clothing Stores
MCC 5045 Computers, Peripherals, and Software
MCC 5732 Electronics Stores
MCC 5699 Miscellaneous Apparel and Accessory Shops

And these merchants:

Alibaba
Daigou
Mustafa Centre
AliExpress
Ezbuy
Qoo10
Amazon
IKEA
Shopee
Courts
Lazada
Taobao
natnaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.